December 19, 2014 | 1683 users online

Styling Products - Garnier - Sleek & Shine Blow Dry Straightening Balm w/Argan Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Tango116

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have long, fine, highlighted blonde hair that is very dry. When it's humid it waves and poofs up.
I damaged my hair on a trip to Florida - wind and saltwater really do a number on my hair. Plus I had been rushing to get out of the house for a week and used too much heat on my hair.
I've been experimenting with frizz-smoothing products and this one works well. I use a hair turban that soaks up water quickly, then air dry a little bit, then apply this. I use low heat on the low setting. Then I lightly spray the Garnier heat-protecting spray on the front and side areas I smooth with a large barrel curling iron.
My hair looks sleek and shiny and stays that way.
The only con is that it did build up on my hair after two weeks of this. I had used a TreSemme daily clarifying shampoo every few days. A few days ago I used an Ion clarifying packet from Sally's and Ion clarifying shampoo and those did a great job @ removing the build up. My hair had been feeling weighed down and heavy, slimy, then felt light and looked fuller.
I am trying out using less product now and using the Ion clarifier every few days or so, will see how that works.
I live in SE WI and it can get disgustingly humid here. I was just in Memphis and Nashville in rainy, humid weather and while the product did control the poof and pieces flying out to the side of my head, I did have some wave and separation here and there. Not sure this stuff would work when we're in New Orleans which gets extremely disgustingly humid.

My fine hair does

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by mtack

Love it! Much better than the B&B Blow Dry Straight. Protects really well from humidity. My hair dries fast without the frizz. Even if I leave my hair wet for a while, it manages to control the frizz. My hair is thick, coarse, light wavy towards the ends. I am loving these Garniers products. I also have their new argan oil...awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by songlyrictroll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. This is not a multiple step products like some of the reviews mention, it is just a balm that you put in damp or wet hair.
It doesn't straighten my hair much but it really reduces the frizz. even in 90% humidity. my wavy hair stays smooth and frizz free. also does not weigh it down or make it greasy.my hair is not damaged in any way from using this for about 6 months.
please don't let the reviews for a different product stop you from trying this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 11:48:00 AM More reviews by vortiz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have hair that can be coaxed into wavy-ish curls or blown out straight. This summer in CA, we have had tremendously humid days and my hair will not keep from frizzing no matter what i used on it....until I purchased this. I was using something from Bumble and Bumble and it did nothing. Used this 1 time and just from the mid-shaft down and my hair looked the best it has looked in weeks. Will most definitely continue to purchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/13/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by amynguyen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Did not do anything in terms of straightening.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2012 10:59:00 AM More reviews by NicoIcon999

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this assuming it would be a faster alternative to flat ironing my hair. I followed the instructions with the exception of their recommendation of using additional products from their line. It even suggests using a garnier straightening mist and flat ironing your hair for ultimate results. I thought this was more of a one step product but they want you to buy 3 or 4 garnier products. I have better results from a flat iron. At best it eliminates some frizz. It did nothing in terms of it straitening my hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2012 6:07:00 AM More reviews by karebear87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was not pleased with this product. I have very fine baby blonde hair that is for the most part straight, but if not dried with assistance of heat, it tends to make waves that end up looking more like bedhead and not stylish. But, to try to keep from needing a lot of trims and avoiding excessive heat damage, I only flat iron my hair a few days a week, and blowdry the rest. I was hoping this product would live up to its name and make it so when I blow dryed my hair, it would be nearly as straight as with a flat iron. It went on my damp hair very goopy, and was sticky while I tried to blowdry. I have much better luck with Suave products, like the heat spray you treat your hair with before you use heat, and Suave's keratin serum that you put in your hair before you use heat. When I was done, my hair was so sticky and dull looking. My hair is usually baby soft when I'm done styling it. This just felt gross.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Didn't do a thing to reduce the poof or help straighten my hair. Tried varying amounts of the product, and, nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by destreng

Great product. Straightens and minimizes flyaways. The smell is rather fruity, but doesn't really bother me. I used to (and still use, in my travel bag) the John Frieda root awakening gel, but this is a thicker cream/balm and moisturizes much more than any gel. The cost to benefit ratio is very high for this product! I expect to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by i_heart_ck_ls_of_nb

Some people are so stupid... anyone who gave this product one star and is complaining about their hair falling off is talking about the 3 step KIT!!!!
Can't people read!?!? This isn't the kit!!!!! This is just a straightening cream for blow-drying!! -__-
Anyways, with that said, I believe this is an amazing product to have in your staple if you have wavy/straight hair like me with weird kinks. I put about a dime size amount in my hands, emulsify it, and apply from mid-shaft downwards, then blow-dry all around with a round brush. I still have to straighten my hair afterwards like always, but it definitely smooths it out all around, leaving it soft and silky :)