September 30, 2014 | 1884 users online

Fragrances - Elie Saab-Le Parfum

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by sarah4250

I've been wearing the EDT of this and am in love! From first whiff, I loved it, and continue to love it as it progresses throughout the day. Sweet but light, flowery but not over the top, clean but warm, it has everything. If you like NR for her, give this a try.
Edited to add: I tried the EDP and found it more floral and less to my liking. The EDT has a fresh citrus soapy feel that I don't find in the EDP. I much prefer the EDT version of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Elie Saab is a moderately good, gracious fragrance that still projects some personality. The notes can smell strong and I not always like it. Also, I'm starting to smell it everywhere, and I'm one who usually runs away from crowd pleasers.
Gorgeous bottle and ad campaign, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:06:00 AM More reviews by MedGirl17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lovely, flowery romantic scent with gorgeous packaging. The perfect present for a girlfriend, significant other, etc.. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 7:28:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I first tried the Eau de Parfum EDP. At first this smells absolutely disgusting to me - it's very strong medical smell, and I basically feel that I've been very sick for a long time and eaten tons of meds and now it smells right through my body. BUT, the drydown of this is absolutely gorgeous! It's a quite grown-up smell (not what one would call "old lady" though) which is flowery and deep, a bit sweet and woody. If I had this perfume I would probably never spray it on my skin, but rather on my clothes so it could calm down to avoid the initial notes and heaviness. I would recommend testing this out, but I warn you: get out of the perfumery as fast as you can after because you will smell horrible for an hour at least.
Then I tried the Eau de Parfum EDT (stupid confusing name - "eau de parfum eau de toilette"). This one is TOTALLY different. It's not just a weaker version of the perfume version, it's a whole different perfume. It sells clean, white flowers and the longevity is great. I think it smells much better than the EDP version.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by Tigris

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I loved this when I bought it. It's a mature and sophisticated perfume, heavy enough for a night out, but can also be worn during the summer. It's a bit different, it reminds me of a blend between Gaultier and Britney Spears (the pink bottle).

Lately it's been giving me a headache and I am ready to go back to my Chloe classic which gives an equally full smell, but still feels lighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 1:42:00 AM More reviews by JavaJunkie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I very rarely comment on fragrances, because I am almost completely "tone-deaf" when it comes to picking out the notes of scent unless they're very obvious. It's precisely for this reason that I am compelled to review this fragrance. I received a gift set of the EDP for Christmas, and it IS spectacular.

Mr. Saab has most definitely hit the mark with me on this scent. I don't normally wear florals because they turn into bottom-shelf gin on me after a couple of hours but I most happily and humbly make an exception for this delicious scent. The warming of this elixir by the skin turns this into the most heavenly concoction of orange blossom, jasmine and rose. My terribly defective "sniffer" cannot really detect the patchouli here, so it's likely subtle, but I do like most patchouli. And it lasts for hours--no constant refreshing, and lingers softly. This fragrance never has to raise its voice to get attention. DH is crazy about it, too. Enough said....

Often I find that the companions products I layer with fragrance are a little "off"; that is, they either have an under-scent of something unpleasant in the lotion or other carrier, or they turn. Not so with the lotion; it stays just as faithful to the scent as the EDP. I plan to expand my collection of this beautiful, beautiful scent just as soon as possible.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 8:32:00 AM More reviews by Anna12345

I received this as a Christmas present and i absolutely adore this floral perfume. I'm normally so fussy with perfumes that i almost always talk myself out of purchasing: they are always too floral, spicy, or strong. Part of the problem is that although i am quite girly i am also a bit of a tomboy deep down, so it is difficult to find a perfume that is neither super feminine nor masculine. I haven't worn a signature scent for at least 3 years, just to give you an idea. However, when i found thia Elie Saab perfume , i fell in love with it immediately. I love its light floral accent (smells like subtle jasmine). I love how it is so subtle and understated without being overtly feminine. It reminds me of a summer afternoon: it's a relaxed, youthful , care free scent. It doesn't change at all with wear which is good. It lasts all day and doesn't get irritating the way some scents do towards the end of the day. I love the beautiful girly bottle as well. This is my new signature scent and i am so glad i found it.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by rpolisk

Yet another in the "worth damming with faint praise" category:
first off: I'm a fan of FK, so am apt to be wanting to like his creations. The primary problem with Elie Saab-Le Parfum is that the bar has been raised by Bottega Venetta, when it comes to mass-market releases by fashion houses. If I didn't have the leathery yumminess of BV to compare this to, I might have been more impressed.
This is a very generic/synthetic (hate to use that word, as I'm not at all into natural perfumery and all ingredients in my favorite perfumes come from a lab. However, this juice smells like something that came as a gift-with-purchase with a pleather couch. It smells like plastic flowers. And not in a good way).
Pro: It's very generically "pretty" and is a big compliment-getter. Three in one day (when NO ONE mentions I smell good when I wear L'Heure Bleue at work. Something is seriously wrong with our society). It reads as "pretty clean perfume".
It's got HUGE longevity. 2 small squirts from sample lasted from 7AM until 7PM bath.
Good sillage.
Well, good if you like the actual sillage it's trailing behind you.
Cheap. Available just about anywhere. You'll never run out and have to wait for Luckyscent to mail you a new bottle.

Con: I already said it. Bor-ing. Plastic thin rendition of something vaguely floral, bolstered by a very persistent screechy patchouli (doesn't read as patchouli for all you patch haters, but that's what it is) base. Smells like something you bought at the mall.

Reviews that call this "radiant" and "veil-like" are huffing something else than this juice. FK is a boy-wonder in the world of perfume and I own several of his own house's creations. However, a light hand he does not have. This means that when he comes up with something that's not so good, it's REALLY not so good. It will hit you like a ton of bricks repeatedly until you beg for mercy. That is his M.O. If you love the honeyed rose cumin of Absolue pour le Soir as I do, you will get it. In spades. For days. But if you hate it you will wish you could purchase something a bit stronger than lye at the corner drugstore to scrape it off your skin.

Now, with all of this said: I think this would make a great scent for my mom on whom all her old chypres turn to vinegar (oh the ravages of age on our chemistry), but who can now rock a white floral like nobody's business. I just may get it for her.

Just don't let her read this review.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by EM65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know how to describe scents as I am just starting to sample frangrances after not wearing frangrances (other than shower gel, moisturizer) for approx 20 years. All I know is ewww! Such a heavy awful scent. Had a sample which I spritzed on for a wedding. Left it on for a bit to see how it would dry down. Had to wash it off as I couldn't stand the smell. Nauseatingly heavy is how I would describe it. I guess I prefer more of a light scent.

Can't comment on price or packaging quality as this was a sample.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2012 11:44:00 AM More reviews by LiveLoveLife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I only got the sample of this perfume. At first i LOVED this perfume and was thinking about purchasing the whole time. After smelling it a couple of times, I think i kind of got bored of this perfume. This smell is also very similar other perfumes. This perfume smell very summer, i love the middle notes and base notes, but not the top notes. Therefore I will not purchase this perfume, it is not very me!