Revlon PhotoReady Powder - Light/Medium

3.4

on 11/8/2012 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the 010 fair and found that it does match my skin. I like how the finish look is but it does not wear well through out the day. After a couple hours it would chalk up on my skin. I have very dry skin so I rarely use powders. I found I had to press this powder into my skin so that it would last all day.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

Photo Ready Powder is makeup I have always been going back to years after years. I always want to try new things, but this is the ONLY powder that i can basically put all over my face with no liquid foundation and it still covers and clears all my acne scars. (which I have a horrible amount of scars) This will not break you out as long as you have the proper makeup remover. I really recommend this makeup to all my friends. And even when people compliment on how clear my complexion is I always tell them to try this stuff out. and plus, if you go during a sale you could get buy one get one half off, who doesn't like sales? Try it! And even if you don't like it I know Ulta and Walgreens for sure offer returns. TO ADD ON: I work 7 to 430 and after work with no touchups my face is perfect.

on 10/10/2012 10:24:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

In the package it's so bad! The brush is crap. I used a fluff before a crushed it all up and put it in a sifter. And after that, ahhhh. It's perfect as a loose finishing powder. So airbrushed. Overall not the best but if you purchased it and don't know what to do, smash it up :)

on 10/10/2012 9:33:00 PM

This works so great for me. The powder itself looks shimmery both in the pan and on my skin, but it's not overwhelming or anything. This is the first shimmery product I've used that still looks natural! It provides pretty good coverage for a powder, and it sets my makeup well. I don't find the need to retouch throughout the day. The brush sucked, it was made out of cheap plastic and synthetic fibres, but I don't really mind at all since I have my MAC129SH. It's a little bulky but the pact reminds me of a camera, which fits the theme of "photo ready". There's also a tiny rectangular mirror but I don't use it at all. If I ever run out, I will repurchase.

on 9/18/2012 3:33:00 PM

Cheap and chalky describes this product perfectly. Prior to buying this, I was use to a good quality, finely milled, loose powder. The instant my brush touched this product, powder flew everywhere. So much wasted product. I gave this to a friend who uses it. (I don't know why but I think she likes it)

on 8/17/2012 11:34:00 AM

I just bought this compact this week on the advice of my friend who loves it, and I did like the results, for a $20 (CAD) powder I thought it looked soft and even,and the color match was good.

Unfortunately my skin really does not like it....I'm not overly sensitive but as soon as I applied this (with a kabuki) my skin felt tight and dry. I decided to try it for 3 days just to be sure, by day 3 it felt like there were ants crawling all over my face, I have this awful tingly irritated reaction to it which spread to my arms and neck and triggered an allergic reaction.
I wound up bringing it back for a refund, plus a pack of Benadryl....
The beauty consultant at shoppers was sympathetic and told me that its decent for a lower end product but it does contain parabens and other crap that can cause this reaction.
Everyone is different of course and it might work wonders for you but I would still be a little concerned about the ingredients.

on 8/13/2012 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I LOVE this powder! I started using it about a year ago and have never stopped since. First I apply my liquid foundation or my bare minerals foundation and finish it off with some of this. I have to say it makes my skin look soo much better than just with foundation alone. It makes my skin look so smooth and healthy. I do have acne prone skin and some scars but this just covers everything my foundation missed right up. I get so many compliments on my skin and people can't believe I'm only wearing powder. I do have to touch it up once or twice throughout the day because I have oily skin. The ONLY downside to this product is the brush. It gets really rough on your skin after a couples weeks of using it and it takes up a lot of the product so I feel like I run out very quickly. Use a softer brush and your set! I will never stop using this product! Love!

on 7/29/2012 1:33:00 AM

I generally have clear skin and use Revlon Photoready on top of my L'Oreal UV Perfect Sunscreen. I love how it feels light and great for everyday use. My skin looks fresh without the feeling of heavy foundation on. I would definitely buy again.

on 6/5/2012 5:24:00 AM

This product would look lovely in photo shoots; however, I dislike the fact that it is extremely shiny. If i walked onto the streets with this on i would be in a competition with the sun to see who shines brighter (exaggeration). I would recommend this product for people who enjoy taking photo shoots though. This product makes the skin look glowy and silky in photos.

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

This just doesn't blend into your skin it just sits on top of the skin I need a wet sponge to meld it into my skin wasting time .For 18$ for something so crappy .It has glitter in the formula which you can't see on first glance but when it's on your face you look horrible.I will tick to my e.l.f powder and save me 15 $.