November 23, 2014 | 2079 users online

Liquid - Illamasqua - Skin Base foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Coconoire84

I've had so many compliments about my skin when I use the illamasqua skin base foundation. People usually ask am i wearing any foundation or what am I using in my skin. The foundation has a really lovely consistency that gives good coverage but feels light on the skin and can be buildable. This foundation makes my skin look like.. Well skin! It's looks youthful, flawless and perfectly dewy. Not oily or shiny, but healthy supple delicious skin. Being a mother to a very active 2 year old my skin really can feel tired and dull especially from lack of sleep but this product hides my exhausted eyes and face so well. It's so fresh looking and lasts a long time. I've had my tube for about a year! The only thing I don't like about the product is the tube it comes in.. It's a great brand, amazing foundation But the tube looks like a plastic cheap product. This foundation deserves to be enveloped in a tall elegant glass bottle with gold writing and a pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Chanicejade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For the first few months I absolutely loved this foundation, it have amazing coverage, perfect colour match and looked flawless in pictures. My skin was combination and quite clear, however, over the months my skin started to break out every time I wore it :( but overall amazing, especially for those lucky ones with clear skin

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 7:38:00 AM More reviews by dolliedsj1989

Having tried various foundations over the years, I think this foundation is fab! It make skin look flawless and covers all blemishes well. A little does go a long way and it isn't the cheapest foundation on the market but it is defiantly worth it, at first when you purchase it doesn't look like much as the bottle is quite small. But I have had this for over 3 months now, use every single day and still have a lot left. I also use on clients who love the flawless finish. If I'm going out somewhere and would like more converge I tend to mix this with a little of mac face/body foundation. It works a dream and gives more coverage and is perfect if I'm wearing fake tan. Great product, great results. Must have product

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by tootswoots

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

2/24/14:This foundation is not for dry skinned people I think. I like this foundation for when my skin is oilier.. Usually I have dry combo skin but in the winter it dries out quite a bit. If I wear this, I make sure I have a moisturizing base underneath... even a thick sunscreen works nicely. I do like the coverage and look of it. Previously I was wearing Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua - liked that a lot, may go back to it in fact..
Edit 4/29/14: I've pretty much given up on this for the winter and spring. Will try it again in summertime. Also, it's a tad light for me so may have to darken it with a little of something else.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Noeyma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was really excited to try this as I have tried so many foundations and heard great things about this. My skin is fair and I bought shade 02 which I applied using a buffing brush. A little goes a long way, which is about the positive thing about this foundation. As soon as I put it on I could feel my skin getting really irritated. I tried to keep it on for as long as possible and in that time it enhanced the few wrinkles that I have, especially on my forehead and completely clogged into my pores so there were dots of foundation in my pores. I have dry skin and this highlighted each and every dry area that I have on my face. Really disappointed, considering that I will never use it again but paid well over $40 for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by emilily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this foundation. I have combination skin and my nose/T zone does get a little oily but nothing unmanageable. The colour 3.5 is a perfect match for my skin (unlike the NC20 that a MAC MUA matched me with, which came out yellow/orange on me).

This foundation lasts all day, is medium coverage and applies well with my EcoTools foundation brush. I am waiting for my real techniques order to come through so I can try applying with a stippling brush.

It looks nice applied with some blush and highlighter (obviously just using foundation will leave a rather "flat" result).

It was also only $41 from Myer in Australia, compared to MAC (which starts at around $50) and then other brands much more expensive. Give it a try!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by LummazXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was ready to just go out and buy a full-size version of this but the price and mixed reviews put me off. I managed to get a sample in shade 3, which is a decent match for my skin, the only problem is that it is a bit pink for my skin tone. The coverage is medium but buildable, and considering I prefer a full-coverage this is really good. The main thing that put me off buying it full size were the mixed reviews on here for my skin type. Unfortunately I found that the oily areas on my face really show through this foundation after only a couple of hours no matter what type of powder I use to set it. I also use an oil-free primer and pore minimiser to try and avoid this happening, but it doesn't work! The main benefits of this product are that the coverage is buildable, it feels light on my skin and it blends really easily, but I am pleased I didn't waste £30 on it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by malinen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

PLEASE CLICK CONTINUED FOR COMPARISON SWATCHES FOR SHADE 3:

My favorite foundation at the moment is the Le Teint Touche Éclat Illuminating Foundation in BD10. The formula works great on my dry and sensitive skin and I get a lot of compliments on my skin when I am wearing it, but it contains SPF 19 which is a problem for me. First, it gives a flash back in pictures and makes me look completely white (I am pale m but I am not white). Second, it can weaken the sunscreen you are wearing underneath it. It is also a bit to dark and a tiny bit too pink for me. I have therefore been on the lookout for a pale, rather yellow foundation, without SPF that will work on my dry and sensitive (and acne prone) skin. Enter Illamasqua Skin Base. I will give a proper review when I have tried it out for a while.

About the sunscreen:
You do not want to layer a foundation, or something else, contemning Octyl methoxycinnamate/Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate/octinoxate (same thing) over avobenzone/Butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane since that combination makes the sunscreen degrade faster.

12 o'clock - Bourjois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation in 51
2 o'clock - NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Siberia
4 o'clock - Illamasqua Skin Base foundation in 3
6 o'clock - Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in BD10
8 o'clock - Yves Saint Laurent Teint Touche Eclat Foundation in B10
10 o'clock - Yves Saint Laurent Youth Liberator Serum Foundation in B10 continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by staceyd2401

I really do love this foundation but only in summer. My skin seems to be dryer these days and as a result it doesnt really work so well for me in winter.
I am shade 6.5 in the summer which is a really great match for me (I would say I am NC20 leaning to NC25 by the end summer).
The best way I found to apply it is using a damp beauty blender and then bouncing the product all over my face applying one sheer layer. I then set with a fine layer of translucent powder. I work 12 hours days and I do not get any shine breaking through at all during the day but do have a nice glow all day. When my skin was oilier though this was not the case. I did just look oily and could feel oil breaking through. Because of this I think this foundation is better suited to more normal to dry skin, but not very dry skin, but thats just based on my experience.
I would say it is a definate medium coverage that could be taken to full coverage if you wanted.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sophiedecay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thick consistency but it has a excellent coverage. Wide range of colours and packaging is decent.
The way i usually use it is to mix it a little with moisturiser to give a little tint of colour and it looks great.