April 18, 2014 | 1847 users online

Highlighters - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Illuminizer

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 1:34:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. It makes me look much less pale and washed out when paired with my foundation. It isn't greasy at all, and never causes me to break out. Also, I use it almost every time I do my makeup, and it has barely made a dent in it! This stuff will last you for a long time, so don't be worried about the price. I would definitely repurchase, I love Josie Maran products!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Jennylee14

I was skeptical of this product as most illuminating creams just make you look greasy. However, I read a review where someone used this under a face powder so I tried that and loved it! This also works well with a matte bronzer. It's gives a nice glow and makes your skin super soft and dewy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2013 2:25:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

Compared to some other liquid highlighters this is actually quite sheer and a realistic color for paler skintones. Most liquid highlighters are too bronze or pink, but this is a gorgeous champagne-beige color. It really suits my pale NC10-15 skin and I find myself reaching for it more and more often although it's not something I would miss if it were to run out.

I have a lot of foundations and concealers that are either too heavy, too matte or too dark/light for me. To make these more usable (rather than throwing them away) I mix them with this illuminizer. For example I mix it with thick concealer to make it more liquidy, I mix it with too-matte foundation to make it more glowy, and just wear it on bare skin to make me look healthier on days where I don't want to put on a lot of products. BUT If I didn't have this product then I wouldn't feel the need to rush out and buy it. If I didn't have makeup that is basically unusable then I wouldn't have the need for this highlighter.

This also lasts and lasts! It is very difficult to remove all the shimmer and sparkle which adheres to skin and can't even be sweated off. So if you apply too much you basically have to wash your face and start all over again. Not sure if I would buy this again as I am moving towards wearing less makeup and this is just another step that I don't need, but it is pretty when applied correctly. The pump bottle is handy and you don't need very much of this at all. Not a bad product, just not an essential for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by liz48170

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am reviewing the luminizer in bronze or bronzer for face. It is very shiny and gold in color. I use it on my arms during the summer. would not recommend or buy, theBalm luminizer is a gorgeous gold shimmer for those looking for a gold shimmer luminizer and easier to use as well, half the price 4X the product

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaMD12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Not my FAV illuminizer. I use it on my lips and it looks really good! Moistens them as well.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 4:54:00 PM More reviews by ilymed2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Dispenses too much product. Color is good for my summer skin (NC25) but has a bit too much glitter. What makes it a dude for me is its ability to find fine lines and imperfections on my face I didn't know existed! Ok when a little is mixed with foundation. Also good for adding to body moisturizer. Mostly I find myself trying to find ways to make it work because I hate being wasteful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love this stuff. I used the whole bottle before I decided to write a review and it was pretty much good to the last drop. First of all, I like the fact that it is a beige-y gold color, which is so much more natural and flattering than a stark white or silver. It comes out of the bottle a little thick, but spreads quite easily. The only issue I had was it I always ended up pumping too much out and having to rub it on my decollete or arms. It doesn't really smell like anything, which is a plus to me. It did start to dry out, but only because I'd had it for ages. I just added some argan oil or sunflower oil, shook it up and it was fine again. It gives the loveliest glow without looking harsh or "sparkly." I use it several ways: sometimes I mix it with my foundation, sometimes I mix it with my moisturizer before foundation and sometimes I mix it with body lotion and slather it all over myself. Never broke me out, never dried me out and mixed well with everything I combined it with. Overall, a definite repurchase and a definite win from Josie Maran.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Lipstickjunkie4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this!!! Josie has the greatest products on the market. I was very intimidated when I saw this product because first I hate liquid hi lighters and two it looked like it was going to make my oily skin shiny like a disco ball. I had seen it and was tempted to buy it but always talked myself out of it. One day I couldn't resist the urge and I purchased it because I love her products. Omg was it the best decision ever!!!!! I put a small pump on the back of my hand and mixed it with my loreal lumi foundation and applied it to my face and what a beautiful glow.. I was pretty impressed but still skeptical. The true test would be the middle to end of the day. I figured i would be greasy and shiny.. Well I wasn't! This stuff seemed to balance out my skin and I looked like I was glowing from within. I got so many compliments and I couldn't believe it! I highly recommend this product to everyone! This truly is a new holy grail product!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by GlamDiva

RAVE - gorgeous! Pale golden-champagne shimmer, highly emollient illuminator. Multi-purpose highlighter. Especially rich and luxurious on mature-dry skin as a finishing touch (or later touch up) after a dewy moisturizer and makeup. Testdrive the Argan Illuminator at the store, and you'll fall in love...

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Annyutka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

For my skin type (pale with cool, rosy undertones and dry in the Winter, combo in Summer plus sensitive), this "luminizing" look is a tad much on me. I don't know how to explain why I don't love it, except that it is very obvious that I've applied something glowy and relatively glittery to my face. Not exactly the look I aim for at 31 years old. I may have worn this back in my rave and clubbing days when I had perfect skin and obvious makeup was the way to go when getting down under strobe and laser lights amongst sweaty, gyrating, like-minded people, but alas, I lead a somewhat duller life now and don't need a disco ball face to attract attention and make me break it down, lol. In any case, I do like the fact that it's warm toned with golden flecks rather than silver, which counteracts any pastiness or overly cool/paleness one might be experiencing. That's nice since so many illuminators/highlighters tend to be silver-y and blue-based.

Also, IMHO it's over-priced and although the pump is pretty handy, I could only use 1/2 of what it pressed out, which is a little wasteful.

This isn't a bad product and for the right person, I bet it looks awesome. But for me? Not loving it. I will not be repurchasing this either.

Anna