April 20, 2014 | 1306 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Eye Studio Color Explosion in FOREST FURY

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 1:26:00 AM More reviews by tango2470

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE WONDERING* the top shade is NOT simply an eyeshadow, it is a sheer wash of glitter that you apply lightly over the shadows to give your look some extra shimmer if you want...DO NOT try to pack it on like an eyeshadow or you will end up with glitter all over the place...other than that this quad comes with:

gorgeous minty almost blue toned green

warm acidy medium toned lime green

deep forest green (matte)

shimmery, light yellow toned gold

I LOVE this for creating a fun, green smokey eye. Packaging is cute,good staying power (I always use primer no matter what) and overall a good quality product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 8:24:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hmm, Iím surprised that lot of people didnít think these shadows are good quality. Iíve always avoided Maybellineís e/s like the plague because in my experience, these were always chalky, grainy, hard to blend, not well pigmented and the list went on. Every so often, I would get suckered by some pretty looking shades and then kick myself later for being seduced by such mediocre product.
However, I was on the hunt for a green quad and saw one at Nordstromís by St.Laurent. PriceÖwell, letís just say that I left and decided to think about it before paying major $$$. I stopped at Longís and this baby caught my eye. If you look for green shades, its very hard to find a cool toned combo. Most of the greens seem always come in a warm greens, rather than cool ones. Iím PPP, with very dark hair and blue eyes(think Snow White) and warm greens do nothing for me.
However, Maybelline seem to come up with some really gorgeous colors that were just what I was looking for. Pics here are pretty accurate-it includes 4 colors and ďluminizing topcoatĒ which is actually very fine silvery glitter. Colors are-pale cream with golden shimmer(personally, I think silver shimmer would have been better here), shimmery chartreuse green(cross between yellow and green) or acid green, take your pick; medium greenish teal and deep forest green, all with lot of shimmer.
I noticed that lot of people mentioned that they tried it with primer and it faded and creased. My method of applying e/s lately have been this-brush some BE concealer on my eyelids to take away shine and oil and put whatever eye shadows I am using over that. I donít know if BE Bisque that I use, is responsible for these e/s staying put but whatever it was, they did stay, without creasing and fading through my 8 hour workday. I posted a pic here(well, only my eye, open) that shows it looking the same after full day.
Quality wise I didnít have too many complaints-they felt silky, smooth and blended very well. And the most important thing-colors looked as bright and brilliant on my eyes as they did in the compact. I did try the glitter topcoat and it really not too much. I love shimmer but not glitter, but this glitter is very fine and just adds a hint of sparkle.
Iím very impressed with product and will probably get it in another color combo in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Bexicle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing colours in this palette, perfect for a 'Britney' style eye look. Very different for a Drug Store palette - the colours do work together. Only problem with this is the staying power, the eyeshadows do not deposit properly or stay on skin without a primer. The glitter 'luminizing topcoat' does have fall out, but it's upto you whether you wear it. Also I am annoyed that this product is exclusive to the North American market, meaning us Brits have to find it on eBay. I don't mind really, because the look it gives is phenomenal. I have deep hooded eyes and I find it hard to use contoring/crease eye shadows without closing in my eye, but I copied 'MrsEyeAmMe' review of this product on Youtube and got an amazing look. Photo attached!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by cnd0020

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Applied these shadows dry over a paint pot primer, but the highlight shade and sparkle shade completely faded in about 3 hours. The other colors looked faded and muddy in about 5 hours. I probably would have been better off with Wet N Wild's "I Dream of Greenie" trio.

EDIT: Tried applying a little spritz of water in my palm and dipping the brush in it, then into the shadow. It makes all the difference in the world. These are stunning and true to pan when applied wet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by rainbowbraintransplant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so surprised by this eyeshadow; I'm not usually a big fan of Maybelline eyeshadows. I had to use this product wet to get the best results...but who am I kidding? Eyeshadows are always their best when used wet.
These eyeshadows work absolutely great and are super-easy to blend. There's barely any fallout when used properly, and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the same complaint with this that I have with all Maybelline shadows: the colors are lush and vibrant in the package, but the eyeshadow itself is way too powdery. I would absolutely _never_ wear this without a primer or a base, because it would crease and run like CRAZY. The crystal white color in this palette is essentially useless unless you put it straight on over a primer (on top of the other shadows, it does not blend well or stay, which is typical of sparkly Maybelline products.) I bought this on sale at Rite Aid, but for $10.99 per palette, I would not purchase again. Do yourself a favor, get Physician's Formula eye color palettes instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MegamiMoon

The greens are so pretty in this palette! I layered them over UDPP in Eden and boy did my eyes pop! I found that I can use them in lots of different ways to keep the looks anywhere from subtle to dramatic. The jeweled green shades are pretty pigmented for drugstore makeup and I didn't have a problem with flaking or creasing. I've worn Forest Fury out 4 times now and the colors have pretty decent staying power over 8+ hours of wear. The eyelid shimmer is kind of over-the-top intense, so I usually skip it or use it very sparingly. Is it me, or does the Emerald City come to mind when you look at this palette? :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by BohemianMartini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Complete and utter crap. Save your money ladies. Picked one of these up on a whim at Ulta on lunch (along with a bunch of other random things I don't need). The colors are so pretty in the palette. I tried it by itself and over a primer and in both cases - crease city. I mean truly disgusting crease crumbles. Thank the Lord I tried it out at home, before going out with this stuff on. The staying power is zilch - less than an hour - but rather than just disappear into your crease - it bunches. Congrats Maybell! You've managed to create one of the worst DS eyeshadow products.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by chrissypoo327

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is actually a review for the Caffeine Rush colors. All in all, the colors are nothing special. I found them kind of "blah," lacking no warmth. The only thing that made them even a little nice was the luminizing top coat ... I only applied a little dab since it was for daytime and didn't want to be too sparkly. Over a primer, they didn't last all day like most eye shadows I use, either (and most are DS items). It did give a decent everyday, office, neutral look, but I am much more happy with the WnW colors and application, as well. These went on nicely, but not as smoothly as I had hoped from reading reviews.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by NearPerfect9

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to love this eye shadow! The colors are amazing.

I ended up returning it, and it was mostly because it has absolutely no staying power whatsoever. I applied it on top of my Urban Decay Primer Potion (in Sin) as I do with all of my eye shadow. The length of time my eye shadow lasts with the primer varies based on the shadow and the weather and what I'm doing, but it's never been as bad as this Maybelline Forest Fury quad. It literally was fading and smudging within two hours of application. I tried a second time on a different day to see if I had better results. I didn't.

I don't expect drugstore eyeshadows to last as long and perform as well as my LORAC, UD, and Mac e/s's, but most of them do far better than this. Also, the top color in the quad was extremely chalky and didn't apply evenly. The other colors were softer/smoother and applied better.

Maybe I just got a bad palette.