January 31, 2015 | 972 users online

Foundations - Tarte - Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2015 2:09:00 AM More reviews by tennntennn

I had heard so many mixed reviews about this product but decided to give it a go away.

Honestly this has been literally the worst foundation I've ever tried. I think youd need literally FLAWLESS oily skin in order for this foundation to do you good. I put this on and instantly washed it off!! The foundation just sat on my skin and left a cracked texture .. Yuck. Literally stuck to every flaw (especially any dry spots) and stuck them out for the world to see

I have the power foundation and love it but this one has got to be one of the worst for me :/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2015 6:07:00 AM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Since I'm just finishing my first tube of this foundation, I thought it was a good time to write a review. Even though I see there have been over 500 already. I read a bunch of the other reviews the other day and it seemed one of the complaints about this foundation was that it is so thick--almost too thick. What's funny is that I thought so too and had been mixing it with a thinner foundation for easier application. So for the fun of it I decided to try using this just by itself. Although I always use a primer. I applied it with my favorite foundation brush--Sigma's F80. What I noticed right away is that it does take considerably longer to blend into the skin than a lot of foundations I've tried. I think the warmth of your skin and the extra blending are necessary. But the end result is beautiful. I don't find it to be mask-like. Pretty close to a matte finish. I still use just a tiny bit of concealer in the middle of my face where I have redness that is hard to cover. Then I use a setting powder lightly over the whole thing. Gorgeous. Very good lasting power on my combination skin.

I know that foundation is really an individual thing, but if you like a full coverage foundation this a great one to try.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2015 9:59:00 PM More reviews by a1ex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I had gone into Sephora to get color matched to a foundation (I am extremely fair), and when this popped up, I got excited. This foundation is very popular, so I was excited to see it would work for me. I instantly bought it. Now, I can't decide if I should return it for a different foundation or keep it and just deal with it. I really wanted to like this foundation, but there was NO coverage whatsoever. I felt like I was putting an extremely thick BB cream on my face. I tried different brushes, my beauty blender, but nothing worked. Yes, a little goes a long way, but this foundation is so thick, I feel like it clogs all my pores. I have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. While it didn't irritate my skin, it didn't last long on my face. And the color match? It turned orange on my skin by the second use. So much for looking great in the store.

To summarize, I would not repurchase this and I would not recommend it to a friend. Contemplating returning it to Sephora to try something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/4/2015 9:43:00 PM More reviews by HannahBonnett

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Definitely not full coverage, if you are a double wear user this does not compare in regards to coverage! doesn't cover acne scarring or redness. A good concealer is a must with this foundation.
Looks great on people that already have relatively good skin to begin with, with not a lot of scarring or redness as it does even out the skin tone nicely.
As it is a mousse like consistency it doesn't work well for oily skinned girls.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2015 8:03:00 PM More reviews by pinkjazmyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great coverage can go light too heavy lasts all day and night more than 12 hours more like 18 i use the medium honey too give me more color in my face and i love how it still looks natural a little pricey but worth the money

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2015 12:05:00 PM More reviews by oliviamclark

This foundation has very very good coverage. I have been using the same one for about 1 year. It's great & the matte finish is very beautiful and makes it much easier to apply your highlight, blush and bronzer. But, the one dissapointing thing about it is that once you start to be halfway done with this foundation, it gets very dry and starts to get very cakey when applied. I love it but I deffinetly recommend adding some coconut oil towards the end to keep it from drying out & looking too cakey!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2015 9:52:00 AM More reviews by TaliaVerdara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I recently started branching out from my long time lover Makeup Forever HD foundation and decided, after doing some research, to try out Tarte's Amazonian clay foundation. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I like foundations that add a bit more coverage. I noticed that without proper moisturizing, this product creased and really clung onto the dry spots on my face. It dries fast so I had to work with it quickly. I found that using my fingers worked the best as the foundation is thick and needs a bit of warming up. Overall the coverage is good, it stays on and doesn't make my face oily throughout the day. I'm gonna try applying it with my beauty blender that I just got to see if that works better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2015 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Itabliss

This is the best foundation I've ever used. A little goes a long way and i get the best results when using this foundation with tarte's buffer airbrush foundation brush. It's very smooth, full coverage and is the only foundation I've found to last the whole work day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2015 2:51:00 PM More reviews by caribbeangeisha

Don't take me wrong... this is a great formulated foundation, just not right for my skin type! I have tried different ways to apply it: over primer, over moisturizer, with highlighter.... and it turns out the same. My face looks like the Sahara desert, it emphasizes the lines I didn't knew I had LOL! it can be built up to full coverage and my sensitive skin appreciates the fact that it doesn't have parabens or irritants. Too bad! but off it goes.....

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2015 10:27:00 PM More reviews by ccparra27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Initially I loved this foundation!!! Everyone complimented me on how beautiful my makeup looked and I was excited. After 2 weeks of daily use I gave up on it. I would last a whole 2 hours and the oil on my face would seep right through. I had no trace of makeup by the time I would leave work. I was so disappointed because I loved the idea of clay helping my skin oiliness. The price was also a bit much therefore will not repurchase again.