Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm putting it out there right away, I have mixed feelings about this foundation and I do feel like it could work better for someone else than it did for me. I bought this foundation because I was wanted good coverage that would last through my work day on my oily skin.

The first thing I noticed about this product is, it is VERY thick even when applied with a dampened beauty blender. This can be a good thing because you need less product to cover more area however, it can also become too thick and cakey very quickly. You also have to be careful applying too much product on top of it for the same reasons. I highly recommend liquid and cream products when using this foundation.

Further, I found that this product did stick to the dryer patches on my skin and seemed to slide right off the areas that were oily. I think if you had normal or combo skin this might work better for you. I have an extremely oily tzone and few products are able to control that. I was hoping this product would be different because of the 12 hour wear claim but I was left very shiny by the end of the day,

Also, I found this foundation is prone to sinking into any expression lines on my face, Again, I think this is due to the thickness of the foundation but overall I was left dissatisfied. Honestly, this foundation sits at the bottom of my makeup collection and I kind of regret spending the money on it

on 8/3/2015 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have VERY oily/acne prone skin with occasional dryness.

PROS:
-Feels very silky and smooth to the touch
-Blends reasonably well
-Medium, but very buildable coverage
-Did not break me out

CONS:
-The matte finish lasts for maybe 30 minutes before my shine starts to break through
-Completely slides off my face in about 2 hours, even with a primer and tons of setting powder
-Sticks to my dry patches/acne

OVERALL:
If you have very good skin already, or very normal skin this foundation will work beautifully for you. But if you have oily, dry, or any other type of problematic skin this foundation probably will not work out for you.

on 8/3/2015 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

it's a full coverage foundation! so you don't need a lot of product and be sure to thoroughly take off your makeup and double cleanse at night!!

i have oily skin. i apply this with a damp beauty blender and get a nice coverage. i've worn this when i was out in the sun all day and sweating and my makeup stayed put, but it didn't look as good as when i first applied it. it is matte as well.

i do like the packaging. it comes in a squeeze tube which i found it easier to control how much foundation i wanted as compared to a pump, so that was nice.

This foundation is alright. I don't hate it, but I don't love it. Still on my search to find the perfect foundation :(

on 7/30/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

this is the only foundation I have ever purchased twice. The coverage is amazing, I have dry skin but it doesnt flake on my face even more. I can use the light medium shade with or without my self tanner, it really adjusts for me and just gives my face a flawless finish.

on 7/29/2015 9:04:00 PM

so far i feel this full coverage is full coverage , and it does last a least 12 hours

on 7/26/2015 2:38:00 AM

Bought this after hearing essiebutton and other youtubers rave about it, at first i used it i loved it to death. I use a thin layer because i just need to even out my skin tone and it looked amazing! it photographs nicely as well, giving me a nice glow without looking oily. It was perfection in a tube. Since i don't really need much coverage on a daily basis, i went back to my HG TM. During new year, i applied this for a gathering and it looked like a hot mess. My face looked cakey and it enhanced my pores. I have no idea what happened because my skin condition did not change (combination skin) so i removed my make up and re did it. A few weeks later, for a school presentation, i wore this again and it looked fine. So idk about this, gave it 3 lippies. Would recommend this for normal - oily skin though. Or people who needs high coverage!

on 7/24/2015 8:47:00 PM

Not a terrible foundation. . .but not great either especially for the price. I have combo skin and pretty oily and work a 10 hour day. Lasted a few hours but face seemed to look super oily, more than usual. And I use a primer for oily skin. Foundation itself has no fragrance and very thick. Went on well, just wont last. One plus is it did not oxidize on me which alot of foundations tend to do on me. Dont see any excessive breakouts, but i breakout no matter what product i use. Overall, would not repurchase. My next buy will be the estee Lauder double wear.

on 7/24/2015 3:19:00 PM

This foundation was a huge splurge for me, but I decided to go for it because I saw great reviews and my drugstore foundations weren't working for me. The foundation is definitely thicker than any other I've used, but a little goes a long way. Considering the size of the bottle and how much I wear on a day to day basis, I'm guessing this tube will last me 5 months. My skin is oily and I always have a few pimples, and this foundation does a good job of covering everything without looking cakey while still feeling/looking light. While I occasionally blot throughout the day, I do not get nearly as oily as I did with any other foundation I've tried. It even does a good job covering some large pores I have near my nose!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Love this product if you have oily skin and if you want full coverage , it covers very well .

on 7/21/2015 11:27:00 AM

I HATE THIS PRODUCT. I never write reviews but I felt like I had to warn potential buyers. It will ruin, I repeat, ruin your skin. It causes breakouts in most of its users (as seen from the other reviews which I wish I would have seen before) and I had clear skin until I put this crap on my face. Stay very far away from all Tarte products that go directly onto your skin. It is thick and heavy and feels hot and gross on my face too. I can't say enough bad things about this product. DO NOT BUY.