Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.5

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love Tarte foundations - i think they are very well-formulated, ingredient wise, because unlike other foundations (I've used alot), sometimes my skin feels soothed after I remove it, instead of irritated or stressed. I have oily, irritable, acne prone skin and I love this Amazonian Clay foundation (if you have dry skin you might not).
The texture is a tad gloopy, thicker than most liquid foundations, yet wetter than a mousse. . However, when applied with a brush, it goes on like a layer of natural Photoshop; smooth, amazing coverage, and very blendable despite its rather unique texture. Must be used sparingly or you will feel like you have a layer of plaster over your face, because this is a very pigmented, hardworking foundation which I believe is meant to be 'stretched' over the face. Because of this, and the generous tube, it's also value for money! The finish is natural, lasting, and it smoothens and covers and basically gives you want in a foundation; skin that looks like skin, but better.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

Amazonian Clay evens skin tone well, and finish looks soft and pretty. It's like the fdtn melts into your skin leaving it looking smooth. However, one major drawback - this isn't hydrating enough for my dry skin. Looks good for an hour, and then skin begins looking dry in spots. Like the finish so much even tried different moisturizer underneath to add moisture, but to no avail.

If one has combo, or oily skin, recommend sampling this fdtn.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got a sample of this from Sephora. Conclusion? Definitely will not buy! Here's why:

- The texture is super weird, unlike anything I have ever encountered before (and I have tried more foundations than I care to think about, ranging from drugstore to high end). It's sort of a sticky mousse...reminds me a little of marshmallow fluff.

- I found it to be very drying. My skin is a tad dry these days as it is (winter), this stuff made my skin so dry it started peeling around my nose. Gross.

- It has an off-putting smell. Sorry, can't recall what it smelled like, but it wasn't anything pleasant.

You'd think after all this I'd just get rid of it, right? Wrong.

- It made me break out. Within two uses I saw three pimples forming on my cheek and chin.

Never again!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's an alright foundation. I bought it because everytime i went into sephora, i would put it on and thought it looked great but i think i'm gonna try other foundations. it goes on very matte. even though i have dry skin, i know to moisturize like crazy especially during the cold before putting this on. but the interesting part is that this foundation doesn't really make my skin that flaky even if i didn't moisturize. it kinda just smoothes it out. the coverage is very good and makes my skin look really nice. i just dont think it's worth the $40.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I was color matched with this foundation in Fair Beige at Sephora. I loved how it looked in the store and I had a gift card, so I bought it (yay, whims!).

I also bought Tarte's "The Buffer" brush because I didn't have a good, thick fluffy foundation brush to apply it with. I'd highly recommend having the correct brush to use with this foundation, by the way.

I have acne-prone skin that's mostly cystic, so I'm dealing with large, red bumps that are kind of scattered around my face. This foundation covers SO well. It's truly full-coverage, and it does last all day. Depending on how much you sweat, it might even last you through a workout.

I don't normally prefer full-coverage foundations because they don't look as natural close up, but I've been feeling self-conscious about my cysts lately, and this foundation is really helping (haven't had an increase in breakouts, either).

So I'd say if you're looking for a long-wearing, truly full-coverage foundation, give this one a try. Lots of color options, which is also a plus.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm really glad I got a sample of this product before purchasing, because now I know not to purchase it. I was really excited for it because it was a perfect color match for me, and I wore it for a few days before it reacted really badly with my skin. I broke out in a rash along my jawline and on my forehead. I won't be purchasing this.

Okay...I don't hate this. I also do not totally love it. I love that it is free of parabens as well as a host of other bad things. I love the packaging. I love the colour of the foundation, and the fact it does have a larger colour range. I appreciate that there is no noticeable smell. The texture is nice and creamy, almost fluffy? Feels moisturizing. But it is tricky to get the exact coverage you want. It is easier to get more coverage if you use your fingers first and then move in with a sponge - I found that it gave me a heavier paint when I did that. I feel with this foundation a less heavy application works best - it will break up a lot less on areas for ladies that have combo skin. The areas I found it wore off on the most were around my nose. I gave it a higher rating because I tried it for 2 weeks..it seems as though, it almost needs a good try to adjust to your skin? When I apply it now, I barely get any breaking up around my nose. I'm assuming it could have something to do with the clay in it, it is meant to adjust to meet the demands of your skin. Also, if you're finding that it's sliding around or oxidizing, make sure your moisturizer isn't the culprit. Try a water base with a water base, and so on. Water and oils do not mix. And sometimes, the other ingredients in your moisturizer won't mesh well with the ingredients in foundation so then the product doesn't always end up looking right. Not to mention P.h in our different types of skin. So all in all, I'm not entirely in love with this...but it can make you look glowy and natural when you figure out how to make it work.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

The Beginning- When I first started using this foundation, it was awesome. The color match was fantastic, the coverage amazing, and the wear time was pretty good, I would say average. I like the fact that it is on the more natural side, as far as foundations go. It blended well, almost beautifully in fact. Then why the low lippie rating? Continue on.....

The Middle- My BFF had this foundation, and returned it, saying she was breaking out. I haughtily sang the virtues of Tarte, saying it made my skin flawless, no breakouts here! Alas, I spoke too soon. Within a week of using this, I started breaking out around my jawline area. Not little bumps, but HUGE, painful cysts. This was a little before my skincare game was as on point as it is now, so I just thought it was my skin being weird.

The End- Fast forward 1 month later. My skin is now in full on assault mode. Cysts, nodules and zits everywhere! I finally put two and two together, and stopped using the product. Too little, too late! I ended up having to go to the dermatologist and got Cortizone shots in my face for 2 months, along with internal meds and topical meds. The breakout lasted for about 5 months, even though I stopped using the foundation. Not a good scene at all. Now my skin is back to normal, but I steer very clear of Tarte complexion products, period. This sucks, because this foundation is really good, if you can wear it without turning into an acne monster.

Final Thoughts- Great coverage, beautiful finish for oilier skin types, combo, but NOT for acne prone or dry skin people. Great color selection, just not for me.

PS- The same thing happens to me when I wear the Tarte mineral powder foundation too, just horrible reactions. Original bareMinerals does it to me too, but not the matte.....just for reference.

I really wanted to love this foundation as I love Tarte in general. Unfortunately, I have to say I am very disappointed in this product. For me, it is not long lasting, it is not full coverage, and it is difficult to blend. The packaging is great but that's about the only good thing I can say about it.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have very dry skin, and this product is amazing for face. I used to buy MAC but lately it's drying my face.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom