Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Full-Coverage Foundation SPF 15

3.6

6% Titanium dioxide 3% Zinc Oxide Inactive Ingredients: Water, cyclopentasiloxane, octldodecyl neopentanoate, butylene glycol, plyglyceryl-4 isostearate, dimethicone crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, silica, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, stearic acid, aluminum hydroxide, sodium dehydroacetate, phytantriol, hexyl laurate, triethoxycaprylysilane, nylon-12, sodium chloride, kaolin, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, polyvinylalcohol crosspolymer, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, zinc chloride, lysine, sodium hyaluronte, hexylene glycol, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol. potassium sorbate, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, mica Made in USA

on 6/16/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was sceptical at first because the SA at Sephora didn't recommend this when I wanted to try it but I bought it anyway during the private sale thinking I got nothing to lose. I though my shade was light-medium sand / medium sand but was matched to light neutral. I ended up purchasing light-medium neutral and it was perfect for me. I like the texture of the foundation and how it feels on my skin. It doesn't cake up on me. I applied it using my beautyblender and I am very satisfied. The coverage is buildable. But I haven't tried it during the day so I am not sure how long it will last on me when heat and sweat comes into the picture.

on 6/16/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

NOT WORTH THE BREAKOUT!!!! This foundation broke me out like crazy due to the Amazonian clay that draws out impurities! I have normal/oily skin, and read so many great reviews on this so I thought this product would be okay. Although it looks flawless when applied and provides great coverage, when I took it off at night I noticed about 4 new pimples had formed around my chin and nose.. I even had one or two on my cheek (where I NEVER broke out) so I ruled everything out and sadly it was this foundation. It took a while for my skin to get back to normal and once it was, I tried it again (fingers crossed) and sure enough had a massive breakout the next day. I was very disappointed because it was expensive! Apparently the breakouts are from the Amazonian clay which draws out the impurities, which I guess could clear up your skin after a while, but for me it wasn't worth it. Don't waste the money if you have acne prone skin!

on 6/8/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Cons: Breakouts??!! I cannot decide if this product is making me break out in white heads in my t-zone or actually clearing my skin. Sounds insane right? After wearing and removing gently, my skin feels so soft and hydrated. However, I have used this for 6 weeks and seem to have tiny little breakouts in my most oily spots (around nose and between eyes) which is unusual for me. That being said, I do break out in moderate cystic acne and that has not happened since I started using this foundation. I almost feel like it is doing something to clear out my skin out, like push out oil, but can't understand why I am breaking out in my t-zone. (I use a regular sunscreen by Hawaiian tropic on days I don't wear the concealer which could be the culprit.)
Also, you need so little. Aim to get the thinnest coverage possible and if you do, I find it minimized pores without looking unnatural. I did have to test it out til I found just the right amount to apply (ridiculously small amount, like primer-sized amount).
Pros: Applies best with a buffing/slightly rounded on top kabuki. (I use RT buffing or ELF powder brush) which is my preferred method. hydrating, but doesn't make my oily skin more oily. I feel it controls oil more like a mineral powder foundation (for around 1 to 3 hours depending on the weather). I will continue to use for this reason (It gets to 120 here in the summer so oil control is necessary).
More about application: Doesn't apply well with fingers or sponge, IMO. My shade, Warm honey, doesn't provide full coverage with just the brush application. I simply dab a bit with my finer on my zits and that does provide full redness coverage for me (and eliminated concealer). However, this shade did match my winter/spring color (I have weird toned neutral but olive skin and I get golden tan in the sun). I will be purchasing a darker color next month.
Packaging: Love the squirt tube package, the hole is TINY - because you need soooooo little product it's perfect. Also has a clear strip on the side so you can see when you need more.
Price: Standard for "prestige" I feel like the tube will last at somewhere around 80-100 applications (based on how much has gone done on the side strip in 6 weeks time)

***UPDATE*** Returned this after every pore around my nose was inflammed (I have red veins there and have to build up a lot of coverage) and was so unhappy. This product definitely broke me out a lot. I used the credit for the dermalogica teen breakout line. Now, 3 days later, the acne is almost gone around my nose.

I like it but there are far better foundations that don't cost so much. But it's not terrible by any means.

on 6/6/2015 12:27:00 PM

This was my first non drug store foundation buy and i must say i will never go back. This foundation had great coverage.It definitely lasted all day i usually finished it with rimels stay matte finishing powder. Together they worked perfectly. the only thing i did not like about this product was how thick it was. i usually go for lighter foundations. However, i have bought this product twice and plan on buying it a third.

on 6/5/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really love this foundation, I have an oily t- zone and severe rosacea. It doesn't cover my rosacea completely, but no foundation does. It controls my oil for about 2 hours before brake through, which isn't bad compared to the other foundations I've tried like kat von d, and cover fx. So overall it's a really really great foundation!!!

on 6/2/2015 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have really sensitive and dry skin and was told at Sephora that this foundation would work for me. The first time I used it, it looked good and stayed on pretty well. However, the next when I woke up my face was super itchy and one big break out all over my face. I thought it was something else that was making me break since I did buy more than one thing at Sephora. Unfortunately after ruling other products out I did narrow it down to the foundation. I was so disappointed and still looking.

I bought this product because I read reviews that it would be good for sensitive skin, but the times that I uses it, it just made me look super greasy, even when I set it with powder. I was really disappointed. I gave it a few trys, but I returned it. I'm really sad it didn't work for me because it did provide decent coverage.

on 5/13/2015 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Although I really liked this foundation when I first applied it, I was unimpressed with how it wore throughout the day. At first, the foundation applied really nicely (with the Tarte Airbrush foundation brush) and it had a mousse-like consistency. I was able to get a medium coverage with one layer of product and a fuller coverage if I added more. It never really looked or felt heavy, it just looked nice.

What I didn't like about it was that I never felt like it really set. It was supposed to be long-wearing but it would just slide off of my face. I tried different primers and powders but I would still find myself looking patchy at the end of the day from where the product had rubbed off. If i touched my face, my finger would be covered in make-up. I ended up with foundation all over my phone and my clothes. I feel like a foundation that claims to be a 12-hour wear should not slide off so easily, especially on someone who doesn't have oily skin. I used the entire tube because I didn't want to deal with shipping it back, but I will not repurchase it.

on 5/6/2015 1:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I like in a muggy sub tropical city and I have combo skin with a very oily tzone, so you would think that this foundation would be a hit with me. Unfortunately, it was horrible. This settled like crazy into lines I didn't even know I had. It cracked all over the place and looked cakey. I have no idea how this works for anyone.

Video Reviews & Tutorials

This vs.That | (Review + Demo) Laura Mercier Silk Creme vs. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hr Foundation by JJ BeautyRoom

Review ? Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation by BeautyLoDown