Essence Cover Stick

3.4

PPG-2 MYRISTYL ETHER PROPIONATE, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, CALCIUM CARBONATE, ZINC OXIDE, TALC, CERA MICROCRISTALLINA (MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX), PARAFFIN, SYNTHETIC WAX, ISOPROPYL MYRISTATE, CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, FARNESOL, ALLANTOIN, BISABOLOL, POLYETHYLENE, BHT, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 42090 (BlUE 1), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 3/19/2014 4:59:00 PM

This stuff is HORRIBLE! I really wanted to make this concealer work so I tried using it for everything and it just makes everything look worse. I have fairly dry teenage skin and this is so dry it makes me look like I have wrinkles if I put it under my eyes. And if I put it over acne it just makes it look more dry and brings more attention to it, yes it does make it less red but it really doesn't work for me at all. I'd say for anyone looking for a concealer I recommend to splurge a bit more I mean there are tons of great drugstore concealers out there and this is defiantly not one of them.

on 3/14/2014 7:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

My skin is oily and acne prone. I liked the coverage of the concealer and the color is good but actually when I used it on dark spots on my face it broke me out plus a weird thing happened is when I put it in my bag and went out it melted and it became too oily so I was pretty sure it was the cause of my breakouts. Definitely won't repurchase.

on 3/4/2014 4:54:00 AM

Tone: 01 matte sand
I wanted this to use it under my eyes, but it doesn't work. The product is too hard. When I apply it directly under my eyes hardly any product comes off. When I try to apply it with my fingers, it stays on my fingers.
It also happens to have very light coverage, so I tried to layer it. I applied the second layer, then I saw the first one was gone.
The color is too dark and orange for my skintone, but that's something i could work with by mixing with a too light concealer.
Message me if i'm just too stupid to make the concealer do its job and tell me the method I should use. But I don't think think this cover stick will ever work on me..

on 2/14/2014 8:02:00 PM

I was roaming the aisles of the drugstore and I spotted this so I decided to give it a try because it was only CAN$2.99. I have the colour Matt Sand and I find it too dry and a bit orange for under my eyes. It works decently for blemishes in moderation. I don't feel it during the day, but it loses coverage after about 6 hours at least.

on 1/24/2014 1:14:00 PM

Very good price and covers well but doesn't leave a thick feeling! Perfect in my books.

on 10/9/2013 5:03:00 PM

Very affordable, and I love the way it feels. For me, I didn't get too much great coverage with this, and I found it to be slightly dry-feeling, plus a limited shade range. Overall not a WOW product, not bad, but I think there is better out there.

on 10/4/2013 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Super great coverage and it has great texture. Unfortunately, the shade range is limited, and all three are the same darkness but with different tones. "Matt sand" is shade 01, and the tone matches my skin but it's still too dark. It does well covering my scars and acne, but it doesn't last super long without being powdered every few hours. So it's an all around good enough concealer, but it may not be the absolute best out there

on 9/27/2013 11:32:00 PM

I have repurchased this product 3 times now and I would call it my holy grail redness eraser! I put this on as the first product, or second (if I forget) - it completely erases any dark circles and any discolouration so quickly. It has a super creamy formula, that smooths out easily under the eyes. I am completely obsessed and I can reccomend it to anyone. Word of advice - people with drier skin should use with caution!

on 9/9/2013 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The trick on applying this concealer to avoid cake-y-ness is to apply good amount of eye cream/face moisturizer before putting this on and then instead of swiping the product straight to your under eyes/spots rub your finger on the products to warm it up then pat it down gently. I don't have heavy dark eyes problem so I only put a thin layer on. You need to apply setting powder to avoid the concealer settling in your fine lines. As of lately I've been using this solely for the purpose of highlighting/defining my brows because I prefer my under eye concealer in liquid form (my fave ATM is the essence stay all day 16 hrs concealer) and I can't use this on my dark spots because I found this concealer isn't pigmented enough to cover 'em. But as an overall product it's a good one and I will buy it again ☆〜(ゝ。∂)☆〜(ゝ。∂)

I personally hated this product. because i have drier skin and when i put it on it was fine but an hour later these white flakes would appear wherever i applied it! It was embarassing and horrible! This product in my opinion is for the very oily skin types. Do NOT buy this product with dry skin. it works horrible!!