April 16, 2014 | 1128 users online

Concealers - Essence - Cover Stick

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by IsminiK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've already bought this twice. I love love LOVE it! Very covering and it doesn't really settle into the lines under my eyes, even though I don't have a very big problem with dark circles. I like to use it to cover zits too. 01 Matt Sand works great for my fair complexion. Very affordable and handy packaging. I recommend this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is another great product from Essence. I'm using 05 MATT BEIGE and I have pale yellow Asian undertones. It's very affordable at $4 AUD, did not make me break out and provides good coverage over blemishes and discoloration as long as you blend when you keep adding more concealer (I use my fingers). I also like to lightly dab this on my dark circles because the coverage isn't so thick that I end up cakey. An impressive thing about this concealer is that it has the perfect creamy consistency; it's not so creamy that it looks oily and it's not so dry that you look caked on - it glides on well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AJKAJKA

Terrible! this concealer didn't actually conceal anything, it simply set into my fine undereye lines and emphasized them, did not for my small blemishes, dark circles nor small discoloration. Definitely a waste of money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This is a really good concealer for the price. Essence has really come out with top notch products for such a low price point. Covers well, has yellow undertones so good for dark circles. Creamy texture so easy application. Can get cakey if not blended properly. I do like this product but I prefer liquid concealers and highly recommend for people to try the Essence 16 hour concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jenrose98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best concealer I have ever tried... Then again, it's only like the second or third. Despite my lack of experience, this is a great product. It covers everything and the packaging is very convenient for throwing in a makeup bag since its small and not bulky. However, this does have it's flaws. If you put to much on, you really have to blend... And then blend some more or it will look cakey. I bought the color 05 Matt Beige and it's a pretty good match for my medium-yellow toned skin. For the price, it's definitely worth a try. I just wouldn't repurchase since I'd like to try some other concealers out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

This is an unbelievably good cover stick. I got it due to reviews here, so thanks MUAers! I got it in 04 (true nude) which is perfect for my light-medium skintone, and has a pink undertone which is great for dark circles (I find pink works better than yellow for my circles). It is incredibly smooth and has great coverage, and is matte like the name says. For 1,99 Euros it really can't be beaten, the quality is just insane for the price you pay.

EDIT: Every time I use this underneath my eyes, it covers my dark circles very well, but it also makes my under-eye look just plain gross close-up. It looks dry and as if there are very thin, short rolled-up flakes all over my under eye area, if I apply too much. It creases a lot under the eyes (as well as on the lids if you want to even out veins), even when using a tiny amount. I also don't really like using it for blemishes as it is just a tad too pink, but I think the 03 would work perfect, as it really does cover blemishes pretty well (especially if you 'tap' it into the skin with a finger (unhygienic, I know)).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by roroki

I absolutely love this product. Unfortunately, I can't get it in my current location, so I had to wait months to be able to repurchase it. In the meantime, I tried so many other brands (Loreal, Maybelline etc) and none of them was as good as essence. It doesn't break me out, it covers beautifully, blends beautifully. I actually bought two to make sure that I won't run out of it. Great value for money.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by alexitas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

For a low price it has a good coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:10:00 AM More reviews by HeyIAmSteph

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I thought this was going to be a crappy thing, since it was only $3.95 AUD, but since many people raved about it, I thought lets give it ago. Like $4 what could go wrong (note that the cost of make-up in Australia is crazy expensive!) ? But wow. This thing is amazing. It covers my acne, redness, under eye circles and scars, and the colour Matt Beige is perfect for my skin. It's good for on the go since the packaging is so small and cute. I really love it and of course I will buy it again and again. X

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Well you get what you pay for. This concealer doesn't cover anything, it goes on way too sheer. Doesn't blend easily, looks cakey. Limited shade selection makes it difficult to find a good color match. I feel self-conscious with this on. Just a low-quality product overall. Wouldn't buy again and don't recommend.