August 22, 2014 | 1166 users online

Concealers - Essence - Cover Stick

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 7:49:00 AM More reviews by amandadee97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Super great coverage and it has great texture. Unfortunately, the shade range is limited, and all three are the same darkness but with different tones. "Matt sand" is shade 01, and the tone matches my skin but it's still too dark. It does well covering my scars and acne, but it doesn't last super long without being powdered every few hours. So it's an all around good enough concealer, but it may not be the absolute best out there

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by sarawardy

I have repurchased this product 3 times now and I would call it my holy grail redness eraser! I put this on as the first product, or second (if I forget) - it completely erases any dark circles and any discolouration so quickly. It has a super creamy formula, that smooths out easily under the eyes. I am completely obsessed and I can reccomend it to anyone. Word of advice - people with drier skin should use with caution!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

The trick on applying this concealer to avoid cake-y-ness is to apply good amount of eye cream/face moisturizer before putting this on and then instead of swiping the product straight to your under eyes/spots rub your finger on the products to warm it up then pat it down gently. I don't have heavy dark eyes problem so I only put a thin layer on. You need to apply setting powder to avoid the concealer settling in your fine lines. As of lately I've been using this solely for the purpose of highlighting/defining my brows because I prefer my under eye concealer in liquid form (my fave ATM is the essence stay all day 16 hrs concealer) and I can't use this on my dark spots because I found this concealer isn't pigmented enough to cover 'em. But as an overall product it's a good one and I will buy it again ☆〜(ゝ。∂)☆〜(ゝ。∂)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2013 9:05:00 PM More reviews by lovesabrinaxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I personally hated this product. because i have drier skin and when i put it on it was fine but an hour later these white flakes would appear wherever i applied it! It was embarassing and horrible! This product in my opinion is for the very oily skin types. Do NOT buy this product with dry skin. it works horrible!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by IsminiK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've already bought this twice. I love love LOVE it! Very covering and it doesn't really settle into the lines under my eyes, even though I don't have a very big problem with dark circles. I like to use it to cover zits too. 01 Matt Sand works great for my fair complexion. Very affordable and handy packaging. I recommend this :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is another great product from Essence. I'm using 05 MATT BEIGE and I have pale yellow Asian undertones. It's very affordable at $4 AUD, did not make me break out and provides good coverage over blemishes and discoloration as long as you blend when you keep adding more concealer (I use my fingers). I also like to lightly dab this on my dark circles because the coverage isn't so thick that I end up cakey. An impressive thing about this concealer is that it has the perfect creamy consistency; it's not so creamy that it looks oily and it's not so dry that you look caked on - it glides on well.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by AJKAJKA

Terrible! this concealer didn't actually conceal anything, it simply set into my fine undereye lines and emphasized them, did not for my small blemishes, dark circles nor small discoloration. Definitely a waste of money

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

This is a really good concealer for the price. Essence has really come out with top notch products for such a low price point. Covers well, has yellow undertones so good for dark circles. Creamy texture so easy application. Can get cakey if not blended properly. I do like this product but I prefer liquid concealers and highly recommend for people to try the Essence 16 hour concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jenrose98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best concealer I have ever tried... Then again, it's only like the second or third. Despite my lack of experience, this is a great product. It covers everything and the packaging is very convenient for throwing in a makeup bag since its small and not bulky. However, this does have it's flaws. If you put to much on, you really have to blend... And then blend some more or it will look cakey. I bought the color 05 Matt Beige and it's a pretty good match for my medium-yellow toned skin. For the price, it's definitely worth a try. I just wouldn't repurchase since I'd like to try some other concealers out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by morphinization

This is an unbelievably good cover stick. I got it due to reviews here, so thanks MUAers! I got it in 04 (true nude) which is perfect for my light-medium skintone, and has a pink undertone which is great for dark circles (I find pink works better than yellow for my circles). It is incredibly smooth and has great coverage, and is matte like the name says. For 1,99 Euros it really can't be beaten, the quality is just insane for the price you pay.

EDIT: Every time I use this underneath my eyes, it covers my dark circles very well, but it also makes my under-eye look just plain gross close-up. It looks dry and as if there are very thin, short rolled-up flakes all over my under eye area, if I apply too much. It creases a lot under the eyes (as well as on the lids if you want to even out veins), even when using a tiny amount. I also don't really like using it for blemishes as it is just a tad too pink, but I think the 03 would work perfect, as it really does cover blemishes pretty well (especially if you 'tap' it into the skin with a finger (unhygienic, I know)).