April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Mascara - Mary Kay - Lash Love Mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by yoyocanary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I find this mascara gives a lot of length but very little volume, even when used with a volumizing lash primer. That said, I love the way it makes my lashes look. It doesn't smudge or flake on me, and the black is actually black. The wand is the same as Julep's American Beauty Volumizing Mascara and CG Clump Crusher, which I like. I would recommend and repurchase this one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by annalisameyer

This is my current favorite mascara. I've been using it for over a year, have gone through several tubes, and will keep purchasing for SURE. It is a little liquidy at first, though that changes within a few uses. I love the brush, it stays on well, and washes off easily. I do replace it every few months, so what I do is use the NEW tube on coat #1, brush through lashes with a spooly brush, wait until they dry, and then apply coat #2 with the new tube. Then I use my previous tube if I need touch-ups later in the day, because there isn't much left in the tube and it gives just enough oomph to the tips of my lashes as they day wears on. Hope Mary Kay doesn't stop making it! <3 <3 <3!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by leandraheartsmakeup

I received this mascara with my shoe dazzle subscription one month. I tried it and I loved it! It's not a very wet mascara which works well with my lashes. It volumizes and lengthens very well. It can also hold a curl! The wand is very nice! Unfortunately, my dog chewed on the tube and that was the end of that :( I was quite upset but ill definitely be purchasing this! Loved it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by bhindhazeleyez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this from my sister in law who sells Mary Kay. I wanted to help support her in this new endeavor selling these products, but I have to say I really don't like this mascara. It started out good enough-it separated fairly well and gave some length. I didn't feel that it really volumized my lashes as well as I wanted it to do, but it seemed ok as an everyday natural mascara. The biggest downfall for me is that it flaked within a few hours. I mean, MAJORLY flaked, like I had at least 5-8 flakes under each eye before lunch. I don't mess with my eyes and I don't have this problem with other mascaras normally. I also HATED removing this mascara. It acted more like a waterproof mascara (it wasn't waterproof) in the way that it flaked when removing it. I hate waterproof mascaras for that reason and the other mascaras that I use remove more easily (slide off rather than flaking if that makes any sense). I just hate having to pick off a thousand little flakes off my face when I'm removing mascara. I would rather it just slide off easily with makeup remover. If you don't mind dealing with the flakey aftermath of this mascara, then it might actually be a great natural day mascara. I won't be repurchasing though!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by bigfootsR4real

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara. This is one of the few Mary Kay products that I like. It stays on all day and NEVER flakes! It's extremely easy and quick to apply, and it separates my lashes very well. It doesn't go on too thick so you don't look stupid. I would totally recommend Lash Love to everybody, even though it is a bit pricey since it's Mary Kay.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a generous sample size of this mascara and I like it a lot. A couple of the qualities that other reviewers seem to be put out with here (wetness of the formula, brush overall) are things that are positives to me. I've not experienced clumping with this. I think that application technique largely affects what your lashes ultimately look like when you're done. I plan on buying a tube of this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I'm going to start this off by writing a bit about MK. My mom has bought from MK since I was a small child. My sister started selling MK within the past few years. Both try to push it off on me because my mom loves the brand and wants me to support my sister. I get this but I went with my mom one time to a hotel meet-up. They had this thing where you could try out and buy the make-up. The make-up I tried there caused my face to be tender, red, and have a few hives. So you can understand why I'm hesitant to re-try MK. My sister tends to think that pushing MK on me for birthdays and Christmas is a good idea. It isn't and I tend to not really use the stuff.

So I have this mascara sitting in a box unused. I have one I have used and I'm not impressed. I love Covergirl Clump Crusher so much better. The Lash Love mascara doesn't really separate, give thickness, or length. It's just a mediocre mascara for an expensive price ($15). You could buy 2 CG mascaras for that price. I just don't see the love for this and probably will toss it. I have no idea what to do with the spare I have along with the make-up remover (both still in box). Might be worth trading...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I am blessed with long curly lashes, I just use mascara to thicken them up and they always look gorgeous with any brand! And let's be honest, the only difference between every mascara is not their chemical composition but the different tips of wands the companies make (except if you purchase Dr. Haushka's all natural makeup, they really make all natural stuff - very expensive though- but I'm getting off the point). This mascara is a mess! And I mean, a mess! The formula is liquidy instead of being a little more creamy -although that changes over time- but I don't mind that, the thing is the brush is a small flexible tip covered in very small bristles that do NOT comb through the lashes effectively, making huge black clumps that have to be removed with tissue immediately. This could be perfect for short, scarce lashes, and I'm still doubting it can be useful. If you want your lashes to look like tarantula legs, this is for you dear...
******** UPDATE ********
I have found a way to make this mascara not get clumpy in my lashes, and it really worked. My lashes looked long, full and gorgeous. BUT, ever since I started using this regularly my eye lashes have started to shed. I have lost up to 10 hairs per eye per day... Which has made me worried... My beautiful lashes are now scarce and thin...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 8:04:00 PM More reviews by bturney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My new holy grail. Before this it was Covergirl Lash Blast Volume. The ONLY reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I use it with the Mary Kay Lash Primer. These two together are 5 stars in my opinion. The mascara on its own is great but I feel like it tries to clump a little without the primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2012 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Yecats7250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this mascara. Iím on my 3rd or 4th tube of it. I tried to venture out at Sephora and try something else (only because it does seem to dry out a bit faster than other mascaras) and I bought one, exchanged it for another, that one didnít work, so I got another and then I decided to stop looking and go back to MK. Itís just that good. The formula is nice, the brush is rubber and volumizes, defines, lifts and seperates. It does all. Great product!