Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara

3.9

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I actually received a full sized product of this with my Chegg textbook rental last semester. Chegg always sends goodies with their shipments, and this happened to be one of them! I never really think of Mary Kay products, and this mascara has definitely turned me onto them! The particular mascara is lightweight, and the applicator is almost a little comb-type wand. The look is mostly simple, natural, every day use. I felt it made my lashes look longer and more defined!

If you're going for a more lush, full, glamorous lash, you may want to use something a little heavier. I would alternate between this and Maybelline Volum Express The Colossal for a more full, evening look. I took one lippie away simply because a fuller lash is difficult to accomplish without applying a million coats. As I mentioned before, this mascara is for a more every day look, with ZERO clumping and easy removal. I think this particular product is great for those who are clumsy with their mascara, as the comb-like wand helps with this greatly. I definitely will re-purchase this when I finish up the other mascaras I currently am using. I used this for three months with very little signs of drying out. (I just routinely change my mascara every three months as more an infection-control precaution. Maybe that's just the nurse in me!) A must have for every day looks!

on 1/16/2014 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Easy to put on, makes the lashes long, black and beautyful, easy to remove. Stays on well and doesn't flake. I'm addicted to this mascara!

on 1/3/2014 4:51:00 PM

I tried both this mascara and the ultimate mascara and hated both. They went on fine, but they flaked terribly. Even with eye makeup remover, they didn't wipe off but proceeded to flake during the night. I wear contact lenses and flakes kept dropping into my eyes, which was very uncomfortable.

on 12/3/2013 7:39:00 PM

I got this product for free and I must say I fell in love with it. When I first saw the brush I had low hopes for the outcome of this look, but once I seen how amazing it applied and looked I was shocked. I would defiantly recommend this.

on 10/21/2013 11:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I absolutely love this mascara. Every time I wear this I get asked if I am wearing fake lashes. The length and fullness is amazing. The brush is thin but don't be fooled by that because this makes your lashes double the length and volume.

on 9/8/2013 7:47:00 PM

Let me start by saying that I ADORE this mascara! Having at least 25+ mascaras in my kit, this one stands out for its consistency, application, and performance. The brush and formula create a fluttery 'babydoll' effect, with every lash perfectly separated and defined. What's more, this mascara stays put all day without flaking or creating the dreaded smudge under my lower lashes. Definitely an *hg* product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Tried this, it was clumpy and too messy for me.

on 8/21/2013 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I didn't care for this mascara when I first got it--I even thought about throwing it away--but I stuck with it and now I like it much better. I had been using an Estee Lauder mascara that adds a LOT of volume and I missed that with this one. But after learning that I had to take my time with it and make sure to cover well all the way out to the ends of the lashes, I really like it. I still feel like I lost some volume but the long, evenly separated lash look I get pretty much makes up for that. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because it tends to dry clumpy by the end of the day and I have to pull a little to remove it. I think I will try the MK Ultimate mascara again before calling this one my HG. (I also like the $15 price tag compared to Estee Lauder's $22.)

on 7/4/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I find this mascara gives a lot of length but very little volume, even when used with a volumizing lash primer. That said, I love the way it makes my lashes look. It doesn't smudge or flake on me, and the black is actually black. The wand is the same as Julep's American Beauty Volumizing Mascara and CG Clump Crusher, which I like. I would recommend and repurchase this one!

This is my current favorite mascara. I've been using it for over a year, have gone through several tubes, and will keep purchasing for SURE. It is a little liquidy at first, though that changes within a few uses. I love the brush, it stays on well, and washes off easily. I do replace it every few months, so what I do is use the NEW tube on coat #1, brush through lashes with a spooly brush, wait until they dry, and then apply coat #2 with the new tube. Then I use my previous tube if I need touch-ups later in the day, because there isn't much left in the tube and it gives just enough oomph to the tips of my lashes as they day wears on. Hope Mary Kay doesn't stop making it! <3 <3 <3!

Top Rated Mary Kay Products