April 20, 2014 | 977 users online

Loose Powders - Australis - Ready Set Go Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Awesome! Packaging is a bit messy but what do you expect for $10? It very finely milled, and applies very smoothly. It feels just wonderful on. It hold my makeup all day. I apply with a kabuki brush, but I personally need a lot of powder for my oily skin. A drier person may be able to do with a sponge. It gives a lovely glow to my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Rah3476

I'm usually not a fan of Australis products but oh gosh, I love this powder. It sets my makeup in place at uni for 6 hours, I touch up and then go to work and it keeps it in place all night as well! Big shame about the packaging, it makes a mess, but you can fix that by keeping a powder puff in there. I recommend pressing this into your foundation, either with a fluffy brush or a powder puff. A little goes a long way so be careful! Oh and I don't recommend this if you're going to be exposed to flash photography.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 12:49:00 AM More reviews by tiawalker

will definitely repurchase this, got it for $10 at Priceline. although next time I won't poke all of the holes as when I take it out with me so much comes out and I don't use puff's to cover it. no white ashy finish, leaves the tiniest amount of luminosity to the skin which I like, smooth and velvety skin from the silica. only thing is don't wear it at night if you're going to have your photo taken with flash!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros:
- Makes your skin feel so soft and velvety
- Portable packaging. For those who have complaints about the messy nature of the powder, I suggest putting a powder puff on the top of the holes to prevent the powder from going everywhere.
- Mattifies the face
- Prolongs the wear of my foundation

Cons:
- For me, I can only use this powder for the daytime since it causes the dreaded white cast ie. flashback in flash photography as a result of the predominant constituent in this HD powder being silica. I found that even though I did my best to blend and not over-apply, my face was always uncomfortably slightly whiter than my neck.
- Very average lasting time of around 3-4 hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by KrystalKat18

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best finishing powder I've ever used! I was a little bit scared at first becaus it was white, but I was looking for a trancslucent powd that was actually fully trancslucent. This doesn't add any white or any colour to your face, it just sets your foundation really nicely and give it a nice smooth texture. Becaus sits made up of silica, it has a super smooth feeling. Silica is used in high en finishing powders, so if your looking for a cheap alternative try this. I picked it up for $12 at Priceline :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by daniibaby

Another Australis product that keeps me matte and doesn't break me out. I've been using it for a week and I haven't had nothing. It last all day and I am not oily at the end of the day. I have combo to oily skin and it doesn't catch onto my dry skin or breakouts. It's amazing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:07:00 PM More reviews by tasnia203

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of the best finishing powders I have ever used. I initially started off using the revlon photoready translucent powder but it was grey and cakey on my skin. Then I found this product and fell in love with it. Didn't need to touch up all day while I was at uni (10am-6pm). Absolutely gonna buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by Beexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

favourite powder EVER and i've tried alot. Does not break me out at all, minimizes my pores and gives the skin a soft airbrushed smooth look, but does not add coverage ( which i like ) because that makes it impossible for it to look cakey, which i love cause i always had a problem with other powders looking cakey. It is translucent which i also LOVE because i am very fair and 95% of powders in the past have been too orangey and the wrong shade, so being transparent you cant go wrong. It sets the foundation lovely. My nose does get abit oily through the day with it but i do have oily skin. I live in NZ and this powder is $20 which is reasonable here so i think its a fair price, love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by Mum85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Iv gone through at least 3-4 of these.it leaves no white residue or anything it's completely invisible on me and I'm tanned! I'm very oily and this keeps shine at bay even in the late arvo (if I haven't reapplied yet) my skin is still shine free but is also greasy to the touch if that makes sense? Dirt cheap and the best setting powder iv had

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by AshleyRivers

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first setting powder I've used & I must say, I'm impressed. I was expecting it to leave horrible whit patches on my face, but it has no colour when applied to the skin. It sets my makeup perfectly & lasts forever.