Sigma E25 Blending (was SS217)

4.3

on 3/19/2013 2:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a really great blending brush, and although I haven't had more expensive blending brushes before have heard that it is comparable to the MAC blending brush. It buffs out eyeshadow seamlessly and is also really good for use in the crease. The bristles are soft but not too soft - you still need a little bit of roughness to help stubborn eyeshadow to blend. One thing I don't like about the brush is that it wears out quickly after a couple of months use and become a little rough and hard to clean. I guess you should expect this with a cheaper priced brush! But if you can't afford a high end blending brush, this is definitely the best affordable option out there. Also, no fall out!

on 1/20/2013 2:33:00 PM

Fantastic brush. Had used many other brushes for eyeshadow application, but this one gives that flawless-how-eyeshadow-is-supposed-to-look look.
Very please, would buy again!

on 11/11/2012 2:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is the first Sigma brush I have purchased and it blends beautifully. The bristles are so soft and fluffy. The entire brush feels sturdy and put together well. I expect this brush to be reliable and last for a long time. I would repurchase if anything happened to this one.

on 9/12/2012 10:38:00 AM

why did I wait so long to try Sigma. Fantastic brush and brilliant price Love Make up site in UK

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I first got the short handle version of this brush as a free gift from Sigma. I was so impressed that I ordered the standard version. The brush is very soft and is good at blending. I have washed it and it did not shed and splay. I bought it as I was told that it is a dupe for the MAC 217, and it is a lot cheaper. So far so good, do not hesitate to get one.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

The E25 is for Sigma what the 217 is for MAC. This wide rounded blending brush is used for controlled blending and for fading out edges. The MAC 217 is a true blending champion, but the Sigma E25 does a pretty good job at blending too. It is almost identical to the MAC 217, although it does feel little bit softer.
The winner: As far as blending goes, both the Sigma E25 and the MAC 217 are great and itís hard to choose. For now MAC gets my vote because I know this brush so well, but the Sigma E25 is well on its way to becoming a favorite as well.

on 7/20/2012 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have a ton of brushes, and this is one of my most favorite. I originally got the travel size one with a brush order, and I liked it so much I got the full size. It's great to have both. I have moderately hooded eyes, and this brush is the perfect size/shape/density to apply and blend out shadows in my crease. It's just a little bit flattened and fits right in the crease. The bristles are short enough so they are not too flimsy, but long enough to blend and apply perfectly. Sigma brush handles are really great; they are thicker than most of my other brushes and a bit heavier. They're really nice to hold. Like some of the other reviewers, I have noticed that the bristles do splay out a bit, but this doesn't seem to affect how well it works, for me anyway. I wouldn't be without it, I use it almost every day! And for the price you absolutely can't beat it.

on 6/10/2012 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This was a free gift with my purchase. I think its always the same if you spend $30 on the site, so I did my research and opted not to buy this myself. Is it a dupe for MAC 217, besides the color of the hair NO. It splays way moree after a wash & isn't as densely packed. Does it work in the crease? Yes, but if your looking for a DS/affordable crease brush I highly recommend the one by Sonia Kashuk & at times prefer it over my MAC even. This one doesn't blend the color out to nothing as I prefer, nor is it as fluffy and soft. Its also smaller than SK so takes longer in the crease, to do the same job.

I have found good use out of the E25 though, I use it to CONTOUR MY NOSE. It fits perfectly, I go from right below my eyebrow/tear duct area from dusting to the middle where i densely swipe all the down to the middle of my nostril on each side. I like the shape of my nose, its long & narrow already, I just contour to make it prominent & really highlight its structure. I like how I have a separate brush for this job, as before I would have to use my blending/crease brush & daily spray to clean off my eyeshadow color before getting to my nose. This saves time & the accident application of color/shimmer from my eyes to the nose, if I were to forget to clean in between.

on 4/11/2012 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this brush. I use it to deposit color on crease/ above crease and blending. It gives a beautiful soft blended look with not much effort. I wash it daily and have not experiened any shedding and it keeps its shape. This brush is one of my musts for my eyeshadow application. I know its been compared to MACs 217 I actually have owned it in the past but took it back because I didnt care for it. This brush I love.

on 3/23/2012 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Thank god I got a mini verson of this as my so called "$30 bonus gift". It takes so long to clean this brush and it shreds like no tomorrow.It doesn't blend as well as I hoped. I hate how everybody thinks Sigma is the perfect dupe for MAC.