April 16, 2014 | 1817 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sigma - E25 Blending (was SS217)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a ton of brushes, and this is one of my most favorite. I originally got the travel size one with a brush order, and I liked it so much I got the full size. It's great to have both. I have moderately hooded eyes, and this brush is the perfect size/shape/density to apply and blend out shadows in my crease. It's just a little bit flattened and fits right in the crease. The bristles are short enough so they are not too flimsy, but long enough to blend and apply perfectly. Sigma brush handles are really great; they are thicker than most of my other brushes and a bit heavier. They're really nice to hold. Like some of the other reviewers, I have noticed that the bristles do splay out a bit, but this doesn't seem to affect how well it works, for me anyway. I wouldn't be without it, I use it almost every day! And for the price you absolutely can't beat it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This was a free gift with my purchase. I think its always the same if you spend $30 on the site, so I did my research and opted not to buy this myself. Is it a dupe for MAC 217, besides the color of the hair NO. It splays way moree after a wash & isn't as densely packed. Does it work in the crease? Yes, but if your looking for a DS/affordable crease brush I highly recommend the one by Sonia Kashuk & at times prefer it over my MAC even. This one doesn't blend the color out to nothing as I prefer, nor is it as fluffy and soft. Its also smaller than SK so takes longer in the crease, to do the same job.

I have found good use out of the E25 though, I use it to CONTOUR MY NOSE. It fits perfectly, I go from right below my eyebrow/tear duct area from dusting to the middle where i densely swipe all the down to the middle of my nostril on each side. I like the shape of my nose, its long & narrow already, I just contour to make it prominent & really highlight its structure. I like how I have a separate brush for this job, as before I would have to use my blending/crease brush & daily spray to clean off my eyeshadow color before getting to my nose. This saves time & the accident application of color/shimmer from my eyes to the nose, if I were to forget to clean in between.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I use it to deposit color on crease/ above crease and blending. It gives a beautiful soft blended look with not much effort. I wash it daily and have not experiened any shedding and it keeps its shape. This brush is one of my musts for my eyeshadow application. I know its been compared to MACs 217 I actually have owned it in the past but took it back because I didnt care for it. This brush I love.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2012 9:19:00 PM More reviews by loveking

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thank god I got a mini verson of this as my so called "$30 bonus gift". It takes so long to clean this brush and it shreds like no tomorrow.It doesn't blend as well as I hoped. I hate how everybody thinks Sigma is the perfect dupe for MAC.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great brush for the crease ! I use it mainly for that, but I sometimes use it to blend out edges and it works well too. It applies color wonderfully, its perfect for when I want a softer look. I would definitely repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2012 11:14:00 AM More reviews by smatte77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this brush! I am so glad I got this one instead of shelling out more $ for the MAC version. It blends wonderfully and is so soft and versatile. You can use it to add color to your crease and then flip it haflway over to use the fat side to blend it out. I ordered the regular sized E25 and they send me the travel sized one as a free gift, so I gave it to my sister..she loves it, too! Shipping was fast as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this brush! i was going to purchase the mac 217 but at the last minute decided on this instead. i'm so happy i did. This works amazing for blending! the best brush i've tried for blending definatly! i have to say, i purchased the full sized from sigma but was send a free mini e25 as a gift for buying more than $30 of brushes. The mini travel one is NOT the same. It looks the same but it's not as soft (kind of prickly actually) and doesn't blend as well. So if you do want this, purchase the full sized instead of expecting thhe mini sized to be the same quality.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2011 7:26:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I love how Sigma gives these brushes as freebies when you make a purchase with them.
Are these brushes to die for? No, but I find they do a fine job at packing and blending my simply eyeshadow looks.
If I'm ever just applying 1 single eyeshadow on my eyes and blending it out, this brush does the job effortlessly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I hate to rain on these other reviews but I didn't like it.. just don't find this brush that sturdy after 2 uses the bristles on the outside were already starting to bend though this doesn't affect usage.I just find that this just doesn't blend as well as my 1 $ e.l.f. brush.I just feel that dome brushes blend better for me
It is really soft just as promised so that good
WARNING
The packaging I must say is really bad! It has a small thin sheath whose lid folds over the brush and back into there packaging but nothing to keep it closed. This allows the brush to come out and bounce around in the envelope .It was in such bad shape when it arrived that it had to be returned to get another one.So if you are getting individual brushes just be aware that this can happen..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 3:07:00 AM More reviews by channingto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this brush! It's the perfect blend of fluffy and density. Dense enough to pack on a good amount of color and fluffy enough to blend out shadows. I use this always for my crease and it's great for that. I'm not good at blending so this makes my life so much easier. I don't know how it is compared to the MAC blending brush but I don't care because as a standalone product it is a great brush (for me). Sigma brushes are not meant to be exact dupes, similar, but wiht their own spin on it, probably in their opinion for the better. It works for me and I'd probably like the MAC one too but I don't see how them being similar is relevant to the rating/review of this product.