December 18, 2014 | 1330 users online

Eyeliner - KOJI - Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 5:36:00 PM More reviews by LaDolceVita8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

Initially I loved it. I really have to hand it to Dollywink, this eyeliner doesn't smear or budge at all! Packaging was adorable.

However, I noticed after only two weeks of use, the pen started to dry out real quick. It was this point that the eyeliner would apply really flakily, or faintly, and it would crumble away on my eye. At first I thought it was a fluke. I thought I just got a faulty one but considering that I had bought two of these and they BOTH turned out the same makes me think otherwise. The second pen also dried out within 2 weeks.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by lovelixir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its super cute packaging and the numerous positive reviews make me want to love this eyeliner, but I dislike that it's not waterproof/tearproof and comes off in flakes everywhere around my eyes. (Side note: the same thing happens to me with Kiss Me Heroine Make liquid liner.) I'm going back to Physicians Formula's eyeliner, which is cheaper and more accessible to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So cute, but terrible for oily lids :(
I have super oily eyelids and this eyeliner flakes off terribly. I don't even need makeup remover to take it off, all I need to do is go over the line with the eyeliner again and tada, the line disappears.
In terms of pigmentation, it's not that pigmented. I have to go over the line to darken it, but usually that results in the liner just flaking off.
The only thing nice about this liner is the packaging. It's super cute and conveinant as a pen.
When I finished this, I ended up using the brushtip as an eyeliner brush. It works great with gel liners.
For about $25 Canadian, I don't recommend this.

Also, this is exactly the same as the Physician's Formula pen liquid liner. The formula and the brush are the same, the only difference is the packaging and the cap mechanism.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is NOT monolid approved.

I have this in the brown colour - packaging is nice (blue with cream coloured flowers) and it's lasted me a decent amount of time, three months and still going strong since the colour is still highly pigmented. When I swatched it on my hand I was amazed by its staying power - it was a pigmented cool brown colour and didn't smudge even though I proceeded to drag my finger across the line I drew.

So the pros of this for me: it dries quickly in around 15 seconds, does not irritate my eye, the colour was a softer and more natural alternative to black, it is easy to use and it is one of the very very few eyeliners that don't smudge and migrate to underneath my eyes.

However, this eyeliner has pretty much NO staying power at all without primer and my lids are not even that oily. On humid days I would find that the eyeliner had for the most part, disappeared and faded from my eyelid (even when I wore a good eye primer from Etude House) and I would be very lucky to find the eyeliner entirely intact on normal days.

Neither is it waterproof (I can't remember if it purported to be though) for me - the tiniest bit of contact with water will render the eyeliner ineffective since it just turns into a brown tear.

So I'm still on the hunt for my HG eyeliner. Monolid girls, I don't recommend this but if you don't have single lids, this may be great for you! Eyeliner is a very personal thing after all - what may not work for me may work for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by Obli

This is my absolute HG eyeliner. It's very easy to apply and the line is a nice black. I have quite oily eyelids, so most eye makeup products literally smudge within an hour on me. This, however, stays on all day.

Once I used this eyeliner thinking it was going to be a really cold day just like the week before it -- but it ended up being 30 degrees celcius (yay for Melbourne weather) and my friends spontaneously decided to go to the beach. This eyeliner stayed on all throughout the day for over twelve hours, despite all the sweating. It was pretty impressive. And despite its staying power, it comes off really easily with warm water.

The one con I can think of is that it is pretty expensive. I live in Australia and bought this from My Cube, and I think there it was about $25-30? It'd be cheaper to get it online.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:14:00 AM More reviews by dora9213

well easy to draw eye liners! easy to remove also and it looks cute. i love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I so had my hopes up for this one. I guess I have the reformulated version where it does not have the dots on it, but purple daisies instead. Great fine tip, but it did not appear very black on my lids, I had to go over the line several times and it smudged like crazy on me. It's all around my eyes by the end of an 8 hour work day. No good.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Smudges and fades like crazy on my oily lids :( I think it's my eyeshape as well though, cause I have "inner double eyelids" aka "hidden double eyelids" aka "sokssangpul". I look like I went nuts with black/grey eyeshadow when I get home, even if I only used eyeliner that day. The Heroine Make one lasts WAAAAY longer on my eyes even though its not as black as this one. So does the Physicians Formula Booster 2in1 pen liner (aka Western dupe for these kinds of Japanese pen liners)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 6:54:00 AM More reviews by denisiel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this in Hong Kong for US$14. Tested on my hand along with many other eye liners. After washing my hands multiple times throughout the day, only the Dolly Wink stayed on. This liner is a must have if you wear eyeliner and also tightline as the fine tip is perfect for wiggling in between lashes to fill in any gaps. Great for making a wing in the outer corner.

You have to let this set for 30 seconds or it will easily smudge. I use it as the last step in applying eye makeup on top of pencil liner so that my eyeliner looks polished.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:25:00 AM More reviews by staytunedmel

I would say this is one of the best eyeliner that i've tried so far but i'm still on the search for an even better one. Despite many claims here that say that this eyeliner DOES not smudge, it certainly didnt work the same way for me. Perhaps due to this humid climate and plus my oily lids, this doesnt work for me even though i have used a primer. Nevertheless, i really like that the colour for the eyeliner is really black and dense which really comes out nicely on your eyes. It is rather easy to use too! I'm still searching for the perfect one. *cross fingers*