August 20, 2014 | 2099 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

These have a wonderful citrus tea-like scent, but they do sting a bit on my oily but sensitive skin. Nothing overly redness inducing, but more of a slight burning sensation. I am not sure which ingredient could be causing that. It does remove eye makeup well for me so maybe I will just stick to using these for that purpose than as a facial wipe. I am a little bummed because these seemed promising and I usually have fair luck with most Burt's Bees facial products. Luckily these don't break me out and have a good amount of saturation for me. I would not repurchase once I use up my package.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by ivette023

I was exited to try this product because I wanted to switch to something more natural. It is upsetting that it didn't turned out to be what I was expecting. I really wanted to like this product. It smells amazing and the packaging is Very nice!! Unfortunately, it broke me out. as I was removing my eye makeup, it would burn my eyelids badly! It was a tolerable pain but not nice for something that is meant to be gentle especially for the eye area. I would never purchase this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by BeautVogue8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the Burt's bees line and scents of their products but this was just bad. Stung my eyes and over powering fragrance added that was so by pleasant I hold my breathe. Will not repurchase wanted to love but elf wipes are so much better at fraction of the cost

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I haven't tried a lot of Burt's Bees skincare products, but these were on sale so I decided to try them out. These wipes are really good for removing makeup at the end of the day. The first thing I noticed about these was the scent -- they have a kind of sweet white tea scent that isn't super strong, but it does linger on the skin for a little while. The wipes are pretty sturdy -- I never had an issue with them ripping or tearing, and one wipe was the perfect size to remove an entire face of makeup. These didn't irritate my skin at all, including the eye area. These took off my eye makeup just fine, unless it was waterproof. Waterproof mascara or liner will barely budge with these wipes, so you'll need a separate product for removing those. One of the best things about this product is that it has a plastic closure that seals shut instead of a sticker closure. This kept the wipes moist for much longer and made them easier to travel with.
I don't think these are the most amazing face wipes ever, but they do a good job. I'd recommend trying them out, especially if you can get them on sale.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

I feel l have prematurely aged myself due to all the rubbing from these since they are no where near saturated enough. Also they are bad at removing even light makeup. They are however a good size and non-textured which is important. I say stick with olay, ponds and neutrogena, so much better! at least they are better than the Yes to range where they are small, thin and dry. I don't like towelettes that feel stingy since it counter intuitive to their purpose.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 9:36:00 PM More reviews by GothqueBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

these towelettes do what they're supposed to do and just that. they take a few minutes at wiping my eyes free of eyeliner. They eyeliner I use likes to stick around and very little is needed to give one raccoon eyes so that I expected. With one swipe my foundation is completely off though so that's a plus. I switched to these because the Simple ones I was using previously made my face sting and feel gross, sticky, and irritated after and I have found these too make my face and eyes sting for a while. Almost like if i had rubbed my face raw except it'd b just gently wiping my face the first time. Maybe i need the white ones instead for sensitive skin. I'm pleased with these and I would repurchase but I'm still looking for something better

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by shushiroll

Best part about these - the packaging. The plastic lid actually keeps the towelettes from drying out, unlike other towelette containers that only have stickers to keep the air out.

I go back and forth on these so really it's like a 3.5. The cloth is much softer and thicker than the ones from Say Yes to Carrots (Cucumber version), or Pond's. My facial skin likes the cloth when I only use one towelette. If I use two, which is how many I like to use when wearing a lot of makeup, my skin turns red, and starts to sting.

These also seem to dry out my cheeks. I do have sensitive skin, and dry cheeks, so with these two issues, I do have trouble finding towelettes that don't irritate my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Diorxo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I'm on a search for cleaning wipes I decided to pick these up.. They were on sale and I've heard so many good reviews I decided to try them out. The package is cute the wipes do not get all dried out, which is great. However I can't say the same on my skin. I do have sensitive skin and I love Burt bees products so I'm not sure why this isn't working well with my skin. They also smell terrible, can't even explain but it is a very strong smell. The package says it removes dirt oil and makeup and it definitely doesn't do a good job of that. I try to use these wipes before i wash my face. They burn my eyes and my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by cassiekay05

ok, i use this product in conjunction with burts bees gel cleanser, and i have to say that I'm a fan of this combo. i use the facial towelette first to remove my foundation, then the gel cleanser to fight the acne. i would NOT recommend using the wipes to remove eye makeup, however. i just use Sephora makeup remover for my eyes. the smell is somewhat medicinal, but it's not overpowering (for me anyway). the wipes do tend to dry out my skin, but i always use moisturizer after anyway. i will probably repurchase these just because of the reasonable price and how they work with my other burts bees product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

Great at removing facial debris. Not so great at removing eye makeup. Burned my eyelids something fierce and while there are some reviewers who didn't experience the same and verbally state that they can't understand why some individuals are experiencing stinging because they have the most sensitive skin and didn't get the same outcome. Sorry ladies but not all skin is the same so we're all going to react differently. Irks me to no end when I read such nonsense. Anyway, the only way I could stop the burning was to immediately rinse my eyes with cool water. I'm bummed that I cannot use them on the eye area but they are fine on the rest of the face. I will use up what I have but will not repurchase in the future.