Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes with white tea extract

2.9

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua (water), aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glycerin, camellia sinensis leaf extract*, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, tocopherol, citric acid, parfum (fragrance)**, xanthan gum, polyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/caprylpolyglyceryl-4 caprate, dicaprylyl carbonate, caprylyl/capryl glucoside, glycine soja (soybean) oil, benzyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate, phenoxyethanol, amyl cinnamal, citral, citronellol, limonene, linalool *White Tea Extract **Natural Fragrance

on 4/29/2014 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The main thing that I really like about these towelettes is that they leave me feeling clean. It has a nice tea scent, and I don't feel like I have a layer of chemicals on my face. They work nicely with my skin, and they helped clear up a few blemishes on my forehead last summer. They do remove makeup, but it can take some scrubbing to get heavier eye makeup off. I do tend to just use a different towelette for days that I am wearing more makeup and use these for lighter days. They are also very refreshing after working out.

on 4/15/2014 4:49:00 PM

In general Burt's Bees products have worked very well on my sensitive skin so I gave this a try. I expected these towelettes to not irritate my skin, but unfortunately they do burn (even the ones FOR sensitive skin)! It removes makeup just fine though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm a rather lazy make up remover. Sometimes at night I don't feel like washing my face and doing the whole nightly ritual so I picked up these. I really liked the little door to keep them moist which was the selling point really. Unfortunately the throw away point was how bad these suckers burned. I have a sensitive face so a lot of stuff stings or burns or turns me all splotchy and red. This being a "natural" product I didn't think I would have an issue. How wrong I was. It didn't even really get off all my eye makeup either. So I end up looking like the match maker from Mulan (with bloodshot eyes) and have to wash my face anyway. I would just stay away.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I purchased a small package of these at Target recently because I find cleansing towelettes to be a better buy than plain old makeup removing wipes. Sometimes in a pinch I do not have the ability to do my entire face routing, especially when I'm at work and need to go somewhere right afterward. I really liked these; they are inexpensive, smell nice, the packaging is pretty, and I felt they didn't dry me out too much if used alone. Mostly I used these simply as a makeup remover, but occasionally as my "face wash". I did notice they stung, but only slightly over sensitive areas/blemishes. I would definitely re-purchase, but there are some good cleansing towelettes popping up I've noticed that have multiple uses!

on 1/20/2014 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this for traveling since I liked the packaging and my skin hasn't reacted to other Burt's Bees products. Unfortunately this burned and turned my face red, and my skin isn't that sensitive. Maybe it burned because of the benzoyl alcohol? Regardless, I would not recommend this to anyone.

on 12/26/2013 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

These have a wonderful citrus tea-like scent, but they do sting a bit on my oily but sensitive skin. Nothing overly redness inducing, but more of a slight burning sensation. I am not sure which ingredient could be causing that. It does remove eye makeup well for me so maybe I will just stick to using these for that purpose than as a facial wipe. I am a little bummed because these seemed promising and I usually have fair luck with most Burt's Bees facial products. Luckily these don't break me out and have a good amount of saturation for me. I would not repurchase once I use up my package.

on 11/5/2013 12:52:00 AM

I was exited to try this product because I wanted to switch to something more natural. It is upsetting that it didn't turned out to be what I was expecting. I really wanted to like this product. It smells amazing and the packaging is Very nice!! Unfortunately, it broke me out. as I was removing my eye makeup, it would burn my eyelids badly! It was a tolerable pain but not nice for something that is meant to be gentle especially for the eye area. I would never purchase this again.

on 10/6/2013 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love the Burt's bees line and scents of their products but this was just bad. Stung my eyes and over powering fragrance added that was so by pleasant I hold my breathe. Will not repurchase wanted to love but elf wipes are so much better at fraction of the cost

on 10/2/2013 11:09:00 PM

I haven't tried a lot of Burt's Bees skincare products, but these were on sale so I decided to try them out. These wipes are really good for removing makeup at the end of the day. The first thing I noticed about these was the scent -- they have a kind of sweet white tea scent that isn't super strong, but it does linger on the skin for a little while. The wipes are pretty sturdy -- I never had an issue with them ripping or tearing, and one wipe was the perfect size to remove an entire face of makeup. These didn't irritate my skin at all, including the eye area. These took off my eye makeup just fine, unless it was waterproof. Waterproof mascara or liner will barely budge with these wipes, so you'll need a separate product for removing those. One of the best things about this product is that it has a plastic closure that seals shut instead of a sticker closure. This kept the wipes moist for much longer and made them easier to travel with.
I don't think these are the most amazing face wipes ever, but they do a good job. I'd recommend trying them out, especially if you can get them on sale.

on 9/27/2013 4:24:00 PM

I feel l have prematurely aged myself due to all the rubbing from these since they are no where near saturated enough. Also they are bad at removing even light makeup. They are however a good size and non-textured which is important. I say stick with olay, ponds and neutrogena, so much better! at least they are better than the Yes to range where they are small, thin and dry. I don't like towelettes that feel stingy since it counter intuitive to their purpose.