BeneFit Cosmetics They're Real

3.4

2058 reviews

Water (Aqua), Paraffin, Polybutene, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Vp/Eicosene Copolymer, Acacia Senegal Gum, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Tetrasodium Edta, Butylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Laureth-12 Sulfate, Glycerin, Potassium Sorbate, Sericin, Calcium Chloride, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tilia Tomentosa Bud Extract, Citric Acid, Bht, Sorbic Acid. [+/-: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891)]. N° 05827/N

on 7/18/2015 11:01:00 AM

I found this mascara to be extreme in both its benefits (no pun intended) and its drawbacks. The benefits: It does give a thick, dark coat of mascara and definitely adds volume. If you apply it carefully and twirl the brush just so, it lengthens and curls slightly. Drawbacks: I have short lashes, and they end up simply clumping together unless I apply multiple coats sparingly and build up slowly, making sure I go all the way to the ends of the lashes and finally reapplying to just the tips. It also flaked some and was exceptionally difficult to remove.

Bottom line: For me the cons outweighed the pros. I can get this mascara to work well, but the method is too cumbersome, and there is a large margin of error. I bet that if you have naturally long lashes, this would work better, but for my short ones, it has a high probability of making a clumpy mess.

on 7/18/2015 1:23:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

LOVE this mascara very defining! This adds really nice length and curls evenly!

on 7/17/2015 7:26:00 PM

It gives my lashes the perfect volume and length, lasts a long time.

I got this in the travel size at sephora after using the travel size badGal lash till is was finished. This was out brand new so i took a chance on it. Initially I hated it, it was clumpy and did nothing good for my lashes. However after a couple of uses it got much better. My lashes looked thick and fluffy it was amazing! The only downside I have to say was it flaked under my eyes which was a pain. I don't know if I'd take the plunge to buy the full size tube but i definitely would buy the travel size tube again.

on 7/14/2015 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

the best mascara i have ever used; none will ever compare. the length it gives is amazing, the volume is to die for, and it still manages to hold a curl! i honestly can't say how many of these i've been through and i will always repurchase!

on 7/14/2015 12:32:00 PM

Recieved this in my birchbox, LOVE. I already had mascara on and put it over the elf lengthening and volumizing mascara, BEAUTIFUL! On its on it is beautiful too! I like the end to get the little inner corners. It Volumizes and lengthens and just makes my eyelashes POP. They do not however, Curl naturally. I curl my eyelashes regardless but without curl it doesnt at all and i dont believe it says it curls? not sure. LOVE

on 7/12/2015 7:00:00 PM

Im not impressed with this mascara, if you have naturally curly lashes it may work, in my case low the curl, my lashes had a little more volume and yes, lenght, meh...but flats as a brick. For me it doesnt worth the price. Also its a pain in the neck take it off, very disappointed.

I actually really liked this. I bought the brown mascara and it was exactly the right look for me (having blue eyes). I found it natural-looking, easy to apply, definitely long lasting.
The only problem I had was that the applicator was quite large and I prefer to have a smaller wand but it's still useable. Recommended :)

I have to agree with the majority of these reviews - this mascara is just kind of "eh". I've found that i only really like it when its layered with another mascara. I'll use a volumizing mascara and then coat the tips of my lashes with this one to add extra length. Definitely not worth the price or hype in my opinion. I gave it two stars because the brush is really good about reaching all of your lashes and the color was a very dark black.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I didn't have any issues with clumping with this, but I also could not tell that I was wearing mascara. My eyelashes are naturally kind of intense. I can see this working nicely for someone with less intense natural lashes that want to step it up a notch and not look like they're wearing a lot of mascara.

Video Reviews & Tutorials