April 21, 2014 | 1973 users online

Mascara - BeneFit Cosmetics - They're Real

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by echokitten

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love the formula on this mascara. It's true that it is clumpy with multiple coats but if you're careful you can get it just right with a single coat anyway. I tend towards 2 coats myself and I love that the end of day raccoon eyes are non existent practically. I hate the EOD fallout that most mascara formulas have for me. I'll pitch a tube after 2-3 uses just because of that. This one is easy to remove as well with my DHC olive cleansing oil. I am about 1/2 way through my first tube and this will be my new go-to from now on. The only drawback is the price. I'm sad that I have to pay $24 for a tube of mascara...but if it means I'm using it to the end...so be it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by aliciabanwell

This mascara is super lengthening, but it tends to get quite clumpy with multiple coats. But, I have found that using Maybelline The Rocket first, then adding a coat of this works amazing!! I have super short natural lashes, and some people have asked me if my lashes are fake when I wear this combo! I just get the sample sizes from sephora as apposed to buying full size!!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by marmaladecat

I loved how my lashes looked wearing this, really well-lengthened and with good volume. I found the brush really helped me get to all my lashes and the mascara applied easily with no clumping.

However, frustratingly it smudges under my eyes after a while every single time I use this. I wasn't sweating or wearing it in hot weather, so it is definitely the mascara. No to a re-purchase because it's an 19.50 mascara and for that price I don't want smudging. Shame because otherwise it's excellent.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:35:00 AM More reviews by Shanneefurr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've this in the sample size and was really excited to use it because I LOVE BENEFIT but it disappointed me so bad!

Talking about the brush, it looks great but it really HURT when I put it on though I like how it looked. I can't use too much pressure, really.
Never mind, I was telling myself 'no pain, no gain'.

Guess what? I was only out for a 2 hours and it already smudged under my eyes. I just couldn't believe it man. Will never use this again.

Why Benefit why? Don't ever disappoint me again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by CarolinaGirl50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was amazed at how it looked on the SA at Sephora so I bought a tube. I loved it it was the best mascara Ive ever used. I don't do second coats. After it gets older though it starts to get the usual problems any mascara does. My only problem with it is the bristles on the wand are sharp and you have to be very careful. Sephora has it in the smal size too so I'm getting that next. I don't wear mascara often now and it always gets dried out after awhile and I toss it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by RubyThursday

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have short, straight lashes that don't really hold a curl well, so I'm constantly on the look out for a new mascara that's going to work miracles. This is pretty damn close, but unfortunately not it.

It does give my lashes amazing length and volume, but it also makes them clumpy and irritates my contacts. The product seems to dry up really quickly too.

I won't be repurchasing, mainly because of the price. I think there's probably cheaper mascaras out there that do just a good a job. I've just got to find them.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by LizzyBerry

I received a cute sample size of this from Sephora as one of my Birthday gifts this month. I would of never bought it otherwise just because I'm really content and happy with my Revlon Photoready 3D Volume mascara and I'm never paying over $12 for mascara. I splurge on my face washes and stuff like that but not mascara - it's just not worth it for me.

I do like this mascara but I feel like so much of a good mascara is just in the brush applicator. When I run out of this sample I'll save the brush head, sanitize it and use it with my Revlon mascara. The actual liquid was kind of annoying though, it was all goopy and hard to take off with my eye make up remover. I rarely have trouble getting mascara off with this remover but this stuff was just a goo-ey mess. I'm such a lazy person at taking make up off too - whatever is quickest for me is what I'm sticking with.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by nicoleligia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay mascara. I have short straight lashes and it just made them very clumpy and dry. Plus, I've never had a mascara that flakes soooooo much! And the price? Not feeling it. Gave it my sister who also hated it. It got congealed inside the bottle after I had it a little over a month. Maybe I had a bad bottle? Overall, I did NOT like. I believe there are far better options a the drugstore!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by norachoi

PROS:
After reading reviews on MUA, I was really sceptical about this product... but I bit the bullet and tried it anyway. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised by how well the mascara worked. It's quite good for lengthening. I only applied one coat and an extra coat on the outer lashes and there were no clumps at all.
CONS:
My complaints are the price!!! and how it isn't waterproof. it smudges quite easily actually. My eyes teared up from yawning and I rubbed my eyes a bit and ended up with the awful raccoon eye effect. :/
I also found that the mascara was in a glob at the end of the wand. Didn't affect too much how it works.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by brittanysc1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually am not that picky about mascara, but this one made me pay a little more attention to what I'm putting on my eyelashes. It gave me one big, clumped together spiky lash on each eye; NOT cute. I'm glad I finally found the MUFE Smokey Extravagant mascara instead!