Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 3/5/2015 3:31:00 AM

It holds curl extremely well and it doesn't smudge, but otherwise it's quite average. Not much length OR volume. Makes lashes feel stiff. You've got to be careful removing it. If you press too hard with cotton pads - can say bye bye to a good number of lashes. I recommend splashing some water on it first to soften it up, and only then go with eye makeup remover on a cotton pad. It's heavily scented. Surprisingly I kinda like the scent, but it can be described as a powdery "old makeup" type.

on 2/10/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

LOVE this mascara! Amazing product, been using this and They're Real and find I keep reaching for falsies flared instead!

Great product for an AMAZING price!

on 2/10/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

All it does is clump your lashes, and didn't volumize or add length at all. The worst mascara I've ever tried, and that's saying a lot because I've tried every mascara out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It was a good mascara, nothing bad to say except the occasional flaking...But there are so many mascaras similar or better that I will not repurchase as of now.

on 12/30/2014 5:15:00 PM

Used this for a while. Its ok if you don't curl your lashes, gives you an upturned kinda look. Not fantastic in any way tho

It was not waterproof, but after showering it would not come off and I had to scrub it with makeup remover.

on 12/7/2014 3:02:00 PM

This is seriously my favourite mascara ever. I've tried a lot of mascara, many many many drugstore brands including most of the L'Oreal, revlon, covergirl and other maybeline ones, makeupforever smokey, benefit they're real and badgal, dior show, and probably more that I can't recall right now! The falsies is probably the last mascara that I've spent my own money on though, and I've repurchased this too many times to count (I found NINE old mascaras in my cupboard the other day because I'm a makeup hoarder hehe). Anyways, this mascara does literally everything that I could hope a mascara should do. I'm obsessed with having big, long black lashes, but they CANNOT be clumpy or spidery looking in the slightest, as this happens so often when people try and get super long lashes. I'm a bit of a makeup perfectionist so if something doesn't look right, it makes me super frustrated and I have to either re-do it or fix it until it's the way I like it. The falsies is the only mascara that I've found that not only gives me the look that I want, but holds the look all day without and flakes or smudges at all. Flakey and smudgy mascara is THE WORST. I think it's also important to note that I spend almost all summer working outside (doing physical labour most of the day, mind you!) and also wear this mascara almost every day and it holds up great. I've also used the waterproof version of this mascara and it's great too, but I hate how hard waterproof mascara is to take off so I avoid it if I can. Anytime I've tried other mascaras in the past few years (free samples or borrowing from a friends) I've been disappointed that it never ever lives up to The Falsies. I've converted quite a few friends to this mascara too. If you've never tried it, at least give it a shot. I always get mine for around $7 which is a good price if you ask me, and I often find it on sale or can get my hands on some maybelline coupons. I will keep rebuying this till the end of time. If they ever discontinued this, I honestly don't know what I would do....

on 11/11/2014 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I've used most of the Colossal Volum' Express range, but this is my absolute least favorite. I love the BRUSH...absolutely LOVE the brush!

I have short but curly lashes. This mascara goes on well enough, but it it takes LOADS of applications to get the Falsie look.
I have to put on at least 5 coats before I see the length and volume. By that time, it's flaking...

Won't lie - first time I used this, I got 2 compliments on my lashes (that's big for me. I never get comp'd on lashes, ever!)
Sadly, that day has never repeated itself. I have to put on loads and loads of mascara before i get my desired look. I often fail...but knowing i have something on it ok i guess.

I wouldn't buy this again. I actually ended up using this brush with another colossal mascara!
My favorite from this range is Cat Eye. A definite must try for anyone loving the brushes!!

on 10/8/2014 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I tried this mascara because the store I was shopping at didn't have Voluminus Butterfly by Loreal (which is actually my favorite and you can read my review on it) and I actually had to stop using it after about a month. It clumps and flakes TERRIBLY. If I was out in the humidity it started depositing underneath my eyes which is not a good look, especially since I already have dark circle problems. I don't think the bristles on the brush are long enough either. My eyes also felt irritated when I wore it (probably from the flaking). I would not recommend this.

on 10/2/2014 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

If you want a mascara that can double as an eyeliner by the end of the day, then get this.

This smudged WAY too much on my eyes. Topping that, it didn't do anything to them. The only way i knew I was wearing mascara was at the end of the day, when it smudged around my eyes and made me look like I put eyeliner on.

It's a 'no', in my book.