September 20, 2014 | 1157 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these brushes, they are so soft and affordable. When they first came out i received this set as a christmas gift, and it really was my starter kit. A few years later i have many more brushes from several brands and these are still brushes i come back to, i especially love the brow brush and I've never felt a need to purchase another! Also the smaller detail brush is wonderful for putting shadow on my lower lash line or inner corner. The only brush I'm not really a fan off is the liner brush, which is thicker than the line's individually sold liner brush and WAY too thick. A nice winged liner is a go to for me and I'll sometimes go for a thick and pronounced line on my eye but even this liner brush is difficult to manage for the precision i want. Despite that, i still love these brushes and i would still recommend them! They're incredibly soft, and I've never had any issues with shedding. Plus they're an amazing price!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by mka87

Out of the 5 brushes issued in this set, I use two - the accent brush (for lining shadow under my eyes) and deluxe crease brush (which I use as a clean brush for blending existing shadow in the crease). The other brushes serve no purpose for me. Occassionally I have used the angled eye brow brush but I find it too large and dense for my sparse, thin brows. (Currently looking to purchase the MAC 266 as an alternative). All in all, not exactly cost effective. I don't wear eye shadow everyday so I suppose they are sufficient enough but nothing I'd write home about. Once again, I have No7 brushes I reach for first, and with a five pound Boots voucher (No7 occassionally issue them) the brushes work out at a couple of pounds each which is more cost efficient.

For me, RT is nothing special. I can see why people like them, but they just don't work for me, I'm afraid.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by aliciabanwell

I can't get enough of these brushes I LOVE THEM!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by ao35

The packaging is cute especially the little stand for the brushes! The brushes are really soft~

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome!
After reading and hearing a lot about those real techniques brushes i decided to give it a try, once i only had 2 MAC holiday brush sets (the stroke of midnight ones) and one flat foundation brush.
I must say it positively surprised me, the brushes are so soft, very easy to clean (i use MAC brush cleanser).
I cant tell if they shed with time or not because i only have them for like... a month, but the quality is very good, and the price is very very very good.
The only thing that i didnt like in this set was the brow brush.
Is too thick and the bristles too hard for a brow brush, the result on the brow is not so natural with them, i feel like as the brush is thicker, the product that you use (like powder shadow for the brows) doesnt penetrate in the brow the way they should.
So i much prefere the MAC one that i have. Softer and slim.
I didnt tested it for gel eyeliner, but i have the impression that its not good for it too, too thick.
Even with this con, i would buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by Lforde46

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was never really picky about brushes; I just used the ones that come with palettes (Urban Decay Naked 2&3) or in kits (Bare Minerals) except for a small brush set I bought when I sold Mary Kay that was actually pretty decent. I bought the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush to apply liquid foundation and LOVED IT so I decided to upgrade my eye shadow brush collection as well.

This is a marvelous basic collection, in varying sizes that will help you accomplish all but the most complicated of eye looks. The quality is excellent and the brushes are soft and apply smoothly. I've washed mine a few times with no shedding or breakage.

Be careful, these brushes are a gateway drug! Because of my new found appreciation for high quality brushes I've now purchased a set of Coastal Scents, Sigma, and even a few Mac brushes!

The only thing I didn't care for was the little holder it comes in; not sure why that was added unless that's a thing for some people. I could use it for travel but I think I'd buy a holder specifically made for a larger collection instead. Doesn't take away from the quality of the brushes, I think it was just unnecessary. Would definitely recommend.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:12:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Excellent and very affordable brushes. These brushes make my eye makeup flawless. They're incredibly easy to clean. All you have to do is use Johnson's baby shampoo. I've had my set for 2 years and they're still like brand new. They NEVER shed. The set even comes with a little case that can turn into a stand.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by knitknit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Excellent brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by Caish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This set is worth it just for the base shadow brush. I'm not going to say its a mac 217 dupe because it isnt, but it it the same shape as the 217 but the bristles are synthetic, softer and fluffier so it gives a different effect. I like to use the base shadow brush to apply my highlight, transition and eyelid shade and then ill take the mac 217 and do my crease and blend everything out. The slanted brush in this kit is great for eyebrows. The delux crease brush is oversized and i havent really found a use for it, I'm trialling it with my transition colour but i have small eyes and its hard to be accurate with it. The other brushes in the set i havent really used but its nice to have them incase i want to play around. I bought them from iherb rather than paying double in priceline in australia

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely SPECTACULAR brush set! Best I've ever used!
First off, I'm quite selective when it comes to what brushes I use on my eyes. I rarely use powder shadow - usually only cream, so I find applying and blending with my fingers to be much easier. That being said, these brushes are fantastic for uses other than on the eyes!
The Deluxe Crease Brush is my go-to for blending my under eye concealer. It's perfect for that! The Base Shadow Brush is excellent for applying highlighting powders atop my cheekbones and under my brows. The Brow Brush is great for softening the look of harshly defined brows (which is perfect when going for a 90's grunge look with large brows). The Fine Liner Brush is amazing for applying lipstick. Seriously, just try it.
The case in which these brushes come is amazing too. I love how it doubles as a stand, which also makes drying them post-cleaning much easier as well.
These brushes are soft, dense, and truly well-made. I've already got the Expert Face Brush, which I adore, and now after purchasing and using this starter kit, I'm thinking of going out and grabbing more RT tools.
Bravo, Ms. Chapman!!