November 25, 2014 | 1903 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile gentle eye make-up remover gel

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2010 7:17:00 AM More reviews by Ethabella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Although it doesn't say in the title but the one I've got is supposed to be a waterproof make up remover... the only thing waterproof that I use is eyeliner and this couldn't remove it at all. It stung my eye area a lot. I don't think that I would be able to use this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/24/2009 1:13:00 AM More reviews by gsv

Worst product ever! Although, I got it as a gift so I can't comment on price, but did this ever sting! And it made my eyes puffy, as if I'd been crying the whole night. I do not recommend this nor would I repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by emma90

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm surprised at these poor ratings people! I love this makeup remover, all it takes is a squirt of this to a Q-tip and my makeup is removed quickly and smoothly. The gel is also kinda moisturizing. loves it

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by nyork

The worst eye makeup remover EVER! Doesnt remove make up and also stings my eyes. I am very dissapointed. Never go near this stuff!!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2007 7:43:00 AM More reviews by krystalchan

Not as irritating as typical eye make up removers. Still stings, and after washing off it still stings... removal power is comparable to Cetaphil - so i'll stick with that.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Flummig

I wanted to try this gel, not the remover in the same camomile line, because I just think that gels take away makeup mutch better than the removers. I really like this one! It isn't harsh or anything, it's really calming. It take a while before you're makeup is gone, but once it's off, it's off! Really nice, and I will continue to buy. But I WILL buy the remover too, just to see how that works out too.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/29/2006 11:44:00 PM More reviews by luvwannie_oppa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

a product that supposedly stings my eyes...when it stated that its "gentle"...
wat realli bother me is the fact that it can't remove my eye make up entirely...a great disappointment...
its time to search for yet another remover...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2006 3:07:00 PM More reviews by nicksmommy03

Oh my goodness, this is quite possible the WORST product I have ever tried.
My first clue not to use this ANYWHERE near my eyes was the warning label that said to avoid the eye area. I mean, isn't an EYE MAKEUP REMOVER supposed to go near your eyes? I mean, this wasn't a SUPPOSITORY and I didn't know it, was it, LOL?
I applied this to a cotton pad, gently gliding over my eyelids and OUCH--it's the same effect as squeezing lemon juice on a paper cut. YIKES! Maybe a better analogy is putting nail polish remover on top of a paper cut--that sting. This is awful. My eyes swelled up, turned red and looked like I had a bad case of pink eye. To call this a "GENTLE" product is utterly ridiculous. I shouldn't forget to put that this DIDN'T remove my Bare Escentuals Waterproof Mascara either! I will stick to Lancome BiFacil! continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2006 10:06:00 AM More reviews by emiliejolie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product since I like gel eye makeup remover - they are usually gentle and easy to use. However, this one is an overall average product. It is not as gentle as it claims.

The tube says : "If product gets into eyes, rinse with clean water." Hummm, hello? This is an EYE makeup remover. No matter how cautious I am, yes it is possible that the product gets into my eyes. And by the way, it stings and burns. I'm not 100% sure but I think that since I use this makeup remover, my eye area is drier than usual.

It does not remove all the makeup. When I wake up in the morning, I always have some mascara smeared all over even if I cleanse my eyes thoroughly with a cotton before bedtime.

Bottom line: average efficiency, not so gentle product... well I won't buy it again I guess. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2006 5:14:00 PM More reviews by stingrae1625

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am using the liquid version of this, like many of the other reviewers on here...i've never even seen the gel one. Anyway, I think it deserves at least a chance...try a sample first. I have had no problems whatsoever with this product! It doesn't sting, makes my skin feel moisturized and refreshed and takes off ALL makeup! I will definitely buy it again, but given that SO many ladies have had problems, i think it's a safe bet that you should try it before you buy it. UPDATE:: after using this product for some time, and after having been introduced to Lancome's Bi-Facil, i realize that this product stinks. i'm decreasing my rating from 5 to 2 lippies. i don't know why i ever liked this - it stings the crap out of my eyes now and does NOT remove waterproof eye makeup even a little. i lost a lot of eyelashes scrubbing with this junk. i think before i was using non-waterproof when i first tried it. bi-facil is MUCH better.