The Body Shop Chamomile gentle eye make-up remover gel

2.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 7/31/2010 10:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Wow - im really surprised by the bad reviews on this product.
I used to use the MAC eye makeup remover but it got a little expensive for that small bottle & when MAC had run out one of the ladies there suggested I try this Body Shop camomile product whispering 'its the same thing'. So off I went & purchased this product & ive never looked back! It wipes away the daily makeup like a charm & eyeliner etc is removed with a gentle cotton bud/q-tip. I really have only praises for this product & it seems to last forever!! I have NEVER experienced burning eyes from this product at all.

on 5/7/2010 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Although it doesn't say in the title but the one I've got is supposed to be a waterproof make up remover... the only thing waterproof that I use is eyeliner and this couldn't remove it at all. It stung my eye area a lot. I don't think that I would be able to use this again.

gsv

on 7/24/2009 1:13:00 AM

Worst product ever! Although, I got it as a gift so I can't comment on price, but did this ever sting! And it made my eyes puffy, as if I'd been crying the whole night. I do not recommend this nor would I repurchase.

on 4/27/2008 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm surprised at these poor ratings people! I love this makeup remover, all it takes is a squirt of this to a Q-tip and my makeup is removed quickly and smoothly. The gel is also kinda moisturizing. loves it

on 12/15/2007 10:39:00 PM

The worst eye makeup remover EVER! Doesnt remove make up and also stings my eyes. I am very dissapointed. Never go near this stuff!!

on 10/16/2007 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Not as irritating as typical eye make up removers. Still stings, and after washing off it still stings... removal power is comparable to Cetaphil - so i'll stick with that.

on 4/8/2007 4:50:00 PM

I wanted to try this gel, not the remover in the same camomile line, because I just think that gels take away makeup mutch better than the removers. I really like this one! It isn't harsh or anything, it's really calming. It take a while before you're makeup is gone, but once it's off, it's off! Really nice, and I will continue to buy. But I WILL buy the remover too, just to see how that works out too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

a product that supposedly stings my eyes...when it stated that its "gentle"...
wat realli bother me is the fact that it can't remove my eye make up entirely...a great disappointment...
its time to search for yet another remover...

on 8/10/2006 3:07:00 PM

Oh my goodness, this is quite possible the WORST product I have ever tried.
My first clue not to use this ANYWHERE near my eyes was the warning label that said to avoid the eye area. I mean, isn't an EYE MAKEUP REMOVER supposed to go near your eyes? I mean, this wasn't a SUPPOSITORY and I didn't know it, was it, LOL?
I applied this to a cotton pad, gently gliding over my eyelids and OUCH--it's the same effect as squeezing lemon juice on a paper cut. YIKES! Maybe a better analogy is putting nail polish remover on top of a paper cut--that sting. This is awful. My eyes swelled up, turned red and looked like I had a bad case of pink eye. To call this a "GENTLE" product is utterly ridiculous. I shouldn't forget to put that this DIDN'T remove my Bare Escentuals Waterproof Mascara either! I will stick to Lancome BiFacil! continued >>

on 7/29/2006 10:06:00 AM

I bought this product since I like gel eye makeup remover - they are usually gentle and easy to use. However, this one is an overall average product. It is not as gentle as it claims.

The tube says : "If product gets into eyes, rinse with clean water." Hummm, hello? This is an EYE makeup remover. No matter how cautious I am, yes it is possible that the product gets into my eyes. And by the way, it stings and burns. I'm not 100% sure but I think that since I use this makeup remover, my eye area is drier than usual.

It does not remove all the makeup. When I wake up in the morning, I always have some mascara smeared all over even if I cleanse my eyes thoroughly with a cotton before bedtime.

Bottom line: average efficiency, not so gentle product... well I won't buy it again I guess. continued >>