Moroccanoil Restorative Hair Mask

3.4

Water Deionised (Aqua), Cetearyl Alcohol & Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cerearyl Alcohol (CS90), Canola Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol and Ceteareth-20, Shea Butter, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, PG-Propyl Silanetriol (proposed), Argania Spinoza Kernel Oil (Argan oil), Butylene Glycol, Acetamide Mea, Steareth-2, Caryocar Brasillense Fruit Oil, Fragrance (Supplement), Peg 60 Almond Glycerides , DMDMH, Citric Acid, D&C Red No 17, D&C Yellow No.11.

on 8/3/2013 2:48:00 AM

i really like this product. i have medium thickness, long, wavy hair that i regularly lighten and it was really feeling the damage! this product makes it so much softer and more manageable. i bought it as a treat for myself and was slightly horrified at the price, but as only a small amount it required, it's worth it! and the smell is AMAZING.
although it says that heat isn't required, i find i get the best results if i leave the mask in for about 20mins and use a warm hair dryer to really melt in the product. when i was it out my hair feels soft and silky! however the results don't last very long which is why i only give it 4 stars. overall, i really like it and find it is quite effective on my hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

NOT worth the price. I get this half off, and even at the $25 I paid for it, I felt like I was being taken advantage of. This did NOTHING for my hair... nothing! I noticed not a single improvement whenever I used this. In fact, it made my hair tangled and very sticky. I was hopingthis would be BETTER than Joico K-Pak, but I was sorely disappointed, especially for the insane price tag. I finished the jar but most certainly will NOT be repurchasing.

on 5/22/2013 2:55:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This isn't a very penetrating deep treatment at all, my hair still had knots when I got out the shower! It smells lovely I love how all Moroccan oil line smells, the redken extreme anti snap deep treatment is wayyy better than this

on 3/31/2013 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine

It's a shame that some people don't understand how to use or indeed know what a protein reconstructor is. Well firstly it isn't a hydrating product, a reconstructor's purpose is purely to bond protein to the hair and thus to strengthen it. These reconstructors are suited to those who chemically process their hair or use a lot of heat stylers. Folks in this category, well your hair is technically damaged (no matter how healthy it looks) so you have to counteract that damage by regularly applying a protein treatment.

Good reconstructors like Moroccan Oil restorative must be followed up with a moisture conditioner to get the softness back into your hair. If you use this product properly (and let's face it, it's too expensive not to use properly) then you will see results.

Oh, and you can't use this sort of treatment every day, you'll get protein overload! Most of us will need more moisture than protein.

Moroccan oil's product is a decent offering, certainly not the best mid strength protein I've used, I'd have to give that to K -Pak, it's got more keratin and protein in it for a start. Saying that though the MOR is a good treatment, my hair feels soft, silky and lush, and most importantly strong. Strong hair = hair that retains length and grows which is what most of us want.

I'll take a lippie off for the price, it's really not worth 30.45 to be honest, but I'll see how long the tub lasts me.

on 1/26/2013 3:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've given this mask a red hot go a few times now but it just doesn't do anything special. It does smell amazing but my hair doesn't feel any better than if I were to condition it normally.
I'm not a fan of the lumpy texture personally, I feel like I'm dipping into a tub of sucked out fat at a liposuctionist's surgery, if it weren't for the gorgeous smell it would have gone in the bin a long time ago.

on 12/7/2012 1:48:00 AM

love this mask, i use it along with the shampoo and conditioner and it has made a tremendous difference.

on 12/6/2012 10:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Products like these are really not worth the money and do not acutally repair damage as they claim to. I've tried so many and EVERY time I go back to, and sticking to using unrefined virgin coconut oil. I do a half hour treatment once a week on damp hair and I've seen incredible results from less frizz, softness, shine, moisturized scalp and definitly less breakage compared to just a healthy "shine" when using this product.

on 12/6/2012 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have thin shoulder length hair, that is growing out. In the winter the top of my head gets little fuzzies, and my hair is in need of moisture. I buckled and spent $$$ on this hair mask, because I am a devoted moroccan oil brand fanatic. I am thrilled! The smell, the quality of my hair changed as soon as it was rinsed out. I only used about 1 and 1/2 table spoons on towel dried hair. This is the softest it has ever felt... I do reccomend though, leave it on for 15-20 mins instead of 5mins. Your hair needs a gallon of water- not just a sip! I do not enjoy the packaging and the price. But other than that- it was wonderful.

on 10/29/2012 2:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I regularly color my hair. It usually is a bit dry but nothing my Moroccanoil Treatment doesn't take care of. Then I bleached the ends of my already exhausted long hair for an ombre color. Oh my... So dry and damaged. So much breakage! I have been using this for almost two weeks, 3x the first week, now down to 2x. (It's now been 3 weeks of use.) Made a HUGE difference. Yes, you should use a conditioner after to add some moisture. I do not. I use the Moroccanoil Treatment after towel drying and then comb it trough with a detangling comb. My hair feels and looks SO much better its absurd. It does smell wonderful and the smell lingers. Make sure you like the smell of Moroccanoil (I love it). :) I have not used the Kpak from Joico that gets rave reviews yet because this leaves my hair looking beautiful and smelling great. I don't need to fix what ain't broke. I might try the Kpak when this runs out, just to compare, but seeing as this is a huuuuge tub, it's gonna be a while before I run out!! Will update if anything changes.

on 10/29/2012 2:05:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Unfortunately, I really did not find that this did much for my hair. It smelled great but really didn't do much else. Disappointing and I will not be repurchasing.

Top Rated Moroccanoil Products