October 23, 2014 | 1207 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Estee Lauder - Day Wear Sheer Tint Release SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I got a generous sample of this product, and because I'm very fair in winter and I'd like to get a bit of a (sunless) tan for spring I'd thought I should try this.
Well, I kinda liked the product itself: nice scent, I love the lightweight moisturizing effect and scent, overall another great daytime moisturizer from Estee Lauder.
But... the colour of this sheer tint on me is really way off! I'm NW15 and on me this turns way too orange. Nothing like sheer tint, I looked like I'd overdosed on spray tan.
I can get away with it when applying a foundation on top of it, to tone down the orangeness, but the reason I was interested in this product in the first place was because I'd like to use this in the summer instead of a foundation or tm.
So, I like the product, that's why I'm giving this 3 lippies, but this does not adapt to my skintone.
You really need to try this one before buying. I think this might work much better on darker/ warmer skintones.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this product, but I didn't love it, and think you can find better for less. I didn't really feel it was all that moisturizing. I wore a moisturizer under this product (and I'm combo/oily, although I think my skin was going through a dry phase when I was using this). The finish was matte/natural. It didn't do much for my skin in terms of look or texture. Basically, I used it for a month or two, got bored with it, and got rid of it. It's really nothing special, which is too bad, because in general I love EL. If I were to do it again, I'd spend the money on Laura Mercier's TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by mohayes1402

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There is so much about this product to love. On my normal/combination skin it is a lovely light moisturiser (on top of my usual), it illuminates, it smells lovely and fresh... it would be a holy grail for me IF the colour wasn't so difficult to work with!

I am fair skinned (about NW20 in MAC, shade B10 in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) and even though this is supposed to adapt to all skin tones it just doesn't. Only when I was really tanned in the middle of the summer could I get away with this and even then had to spread it down my neck. Such a shame as it is otherwise a beautiful product.

The price is pretty outrageous. I like high end and have make up from Chanel as well as EL but this is overpriced in my opinion.

Estee Lauder PLEASE make this is in a lighter shade for us pale girls!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2011 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Tinka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I have been quite enthusiastic about this product for a while and used two and a half tubes. Partly because Sheer Tint Release gives my skin a radiant look and a bit of a tan and partly because of the marketing texts that promise instant younger looking skin, a ton of age defying ingredients and the usual blabla I hardly believe, but love to fall for.

Unfortunately, for what it actually does - giving your skin a tan and really light coverage - this products is pricey! Also, it makes my skin extremely oily within one or two hours - even when using setting powder, so I suppose this product is especially nice for very dry skin.

I suspect Sheer Tint Release caused me to have break outs as well. This, combined with the overwhelming perfume and dosage of other skin unfriendly ingredients made me decide to - if only this time - stop falling for EL's 'too good to be true' promises.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 12:40:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

edit2: So despite my terrible review, now that i'm ALMOST through the original bottle (a year later), I rebought this. You see, i tested it at the counter, and I think they actually may have reformulated it slightly--it doesn't go dirty brownish-ORANGE anymore.
I did a side-by-side comparison, as there is still some in my old bottle (i did not use it daily as i realized how bad it made me look)--- there is a definite difference in the two--my new bottle swatches less dark and not dirty brownish-orange at all! In fact, it's more of a beige-toned bronzed effect than the other one, and blends into skin better. They DEFINITELY changed something about this product, it's impossible that it's the same as it was a yr ago (2011) when i got my first bottle. Also i actually look bronzed but not orange. Rating going up. Btw the other thing they changed is significantly decreased the fragrance, the smell has been toned down, which to me is not good, but might make others happy.

Edit: the best thing about this product is the colour of the tube and the cucumber scent.
Saw pics of me with this on, I looked AWFUL!!! As though i'd smeared a mix of dirt and grease on my face. I look better with no makeup on, and plain
moisturizer!! What they did is put drops of very cr@ppy drugstore foundation that oxidizes in the little gray balls that burst onto your skin. Rating is going down. Oh it looks better with a bit of bronzer to give shape to the face, and make the muddiness more 'glam' than grimy.

But honestly i was looking for a one-step tm that wouldn't require extra stuff to make it work. note to self: never trust an estee lauder sales rep again. Almost every EL item that i own (& i own a lot, mostly gifts from ppl, some that i bought) SUCKS.
I know Nicola from pixiwoo really loves this product, but i actually think hers is a different version, the one that got discontinued-- as the packaging is different.
Original review:
Smells good, moisturizes well. But the "tint" provides a tanned look which doesn't look natural or pretty in the least. This coming from someone who is already naturally tan.

Not worth price tag, in my opinion. I will use it up since I already bought it, but I mix it with a paler foundation--and I don't see the point of TM if you're gonna be using foundation anyway! DO NOT RECOMMEND.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2011 10:26:00 AM More reviews by vrag

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking for a tinted moisturizer and this one was suggested for me at a department store. I was told by the sales person that it was like a "magic moisturizer", as it would transform into the exact color of the skin when applied. And what a disappointment!!! My skin tone went into a deep orange-brown, like if I´d had a really bad self tanner accident. I used it for 3 days and then realized, that this TM will never work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2011 6:10:00 AM More reviews by Nicky1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is great for every type of skin I have tried a lot doir, Chanel etc but this is by far the best you just look like you have been in the sun so natural no orange.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by kristiannarj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I always swore by my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer, but i heard some good reviews on the EE one and decided to try it, since i thought it would match my skin tone. I'm naturally tan, so what this product did, was make me look even tanner than i already am..everyone complemented me on how nice and tan i looked and how good my skin was. I cant say i was very pleased though.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2011 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The first thing I noticed about this TM was the smell. It smells like watermellon... in a chemically enhanced way. So... not a real watermellon but the way a watermellon would smell if it was made in a factory in Florida.

The SA was very pushy with me about getting this TM. It's her job, right? I just wanted a bronzer. I was given TWO sample jars of this stuff and told to come back later.

I'm not coming back.

To be frank... this TM turned me RED. It was far from flattering.

On the plus side it does feel cool on the skin and is easy to apply... though I've never had issue applying a TM.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by danammelvin

I love love love this product! Besides Advanced Night Repair, this is hands down my most fav product. It comes out white and then matches your skin tone, so you have the perfect tint. And unlike other tinted moisturizers which are actually pretty thick or heavy like a foundation, this one is super light-weight and is even layerable on other moisturizers. Like on days where I am feeling particularly dry, I put on some regular day wear moisturizer and then put the Sheer Tint one over top. This product evens out my skin and gives me a glow.