November 20, 2014 | 1661 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is my absolute favorite *body* lotion! I first tried this after an ex-boyfriend confessed that he uses this lotion to keep his hands from chapping. After buying my own bottle, I fell in love with this lotion (but sadly, NOT with the guy).

It has a light but super moisturizing texture, no fragrance, no color, and no mineral oil. This is honestly better than all other drugstore body lotions combined.

$10 for the 16 oz pump bottle is a decent value, but the price seems to creep up more and more each year. That's why I frequently buy generic versions of this as long as the ingredients are identical.

I don't recommend using this as a face lotion though; the macadamia nut oil is likely too rich for all but the driest of faces.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Non-greasy claim? FALSE. I found this made my face incredibly oily in a short amount of time. Though, because it seems to give my skin too much moisture, I have resorted to putting this on my legs and hands now that it is Autumn.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Mryberry

I don't like to use the term "holy grail" product, because it seems so over the top, however, this is as damn close to a holy grail product (to me) as it can get. I can't not have this lotion in my bathroom. I use this stuff everywhere at anytime of the year and it's yet to fail me. It leaves your skin moisturized and glowy but never oily. I even use it on my face at night and during the day when I'm feeling dry (usually in the winter as I have combo skin). It absorbs quickly, leaves skin heathy and moisturized for even the most sensitive skin. I try Nivea or Jergens every once and a while, but I ALWAYS come back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by maddison123

Use this all over my face and body. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2014 2:07:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirlLover1234

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff has saved me! I remember using a different moisturizer before this one, it made my skin dry somehow.. But this one has never done that! It also last you A LONG time. All I need is about a dime size for my whole face. It doesn't smell weird & the packaging is average. Nothing amazing but nothing bad either.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Arbybarbie1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Great stuff, been using it for years and have been meaning to leave a review.

I apply this every morning before I apply foundation. I love that it's fragrance free as well as being paraben free. So many lotions for your face contain fragrance and it's completely useless plus it irritates the skin. This is lightweight and hydrates well. I use it all over my body. Sometimes I put this on my face overnight if I'm dry, but that doesn't happen too often because I have oily skin. This does not cause breakouts for me. I love that it also doesn't irritate my legs even when putting on right after shaving.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Shony101

I have oily-combination skin and wouldn't normally go for a product like this but this winter my face became extremely dry so I decided to get a more moisturising lotion. After hearing so many good reviews about cetaphil I decided this product was the way to go and boy was I wrong. This stuff gave me clusters of super painful pimples in places I've never had problems before (cheeks and chin) that I'm still battling to get rid of. My forehead became covered in tiny little bumps which I also can't get rid of. It's been almost two months since I used this and I still can't get my skin back to how it used to be. Will defiantly not be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
-fragrance free
-very moisturizing
-very affordable and you get a very generous amount for the price. 11 dollars for 16 oz is great
-easy to find, walgreens, cvs, kmart, walmart, rite aid ect.

CONS:
-clogged my pores and gave me some cystic breakouts on my cheeks. pretty painful and i'm still trying to get them cleared up
-it feels very greasy to me, i always feel like my pillow cases are sticking to my face and it doesn't feel like it absorbs into my skin. Dry or normal skins would probably love it, but my oily-combo skin didn't, even though this is meant for all skin types.
-i tried this one thinking it would be lighter than the daily advance moisturizer which was also too rich but i didn't find much of a difference between the two. I think they should make one for oily/acne prone people!
-doesnt do well under makeup. makes my foundation and primer very hard to blend and work with and I feel like my face got even oilier throughout the day.

All in all I won't be using this on my face ever again but I think it could work nicely as a body moisturizer. Cetaphil is supposed to be a good brand for problematic skin and my own dermatologist recommended it to be as well but this wasnt the right face moisturizer for me. I personally prefer Cerave's moistuzer over this one because it's lighter and not greasy. Everyone's skin is different so it might work for you but I wasn't too impressed.Sorry!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by jinitakalaiya

I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I decided to use this product due to the pharmacist at Boots preferring this over Vichy. I totally regret buying it! Broke me out after 2 days of using it. I got large cystic acne which stopped when I was on tertacyclin. My spots are large, red, hard and really painful :( Stopped using it immediately and just using homemade remedies to calm my poor skin....It leaves the skin feeling oily and heavy. Clogged my pores and too thick as a facial moisturiser. Wouldn't buy the product ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by krose03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get really bad eczema in the winter and summer when conditions can get extreme and this moisturizer works wonders for me. I buy the round tub of it and it lasts forever. Usually moisturizers make my eczema worse or don't help at all but this didn't irritate it and it gradually started to let up and now I can finally say I haven't struggled with it in a long time. I would definitely recommend this for someone with dry skin problems it's a great product.