October 21, 2014 | 1841 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2014 8:38:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

PROS:
-fragrance free
-very moisturizing
-very affordable and you get a very generous amount for the price. 11 dollars for 16 oz is great
-easy to find, walgreens, cvs, kmart, walmart, rite aid ect.

CONS:
-clogged my pores and gave me some cystic breakouts on my cheeks. pretty painful and i'm still trying to get them cleared up
-it feels very greasy to me, i always feel like my pillow cases are sticking to my face and it doesn't feel like it absorbs into my skin. Dry or normal skins would probably love it, but my oily-combo skin didn't, even though this is meant for all skin types.
-i tried this one thinking it would be lighter than the daily advance moisturizer which was also too rich but i didn't find much of a difference between the two. I think they should make one for oily/acne prone people!
-doesnt do well under makeup. makes my foundation and primer very hard to blend and work with and I feel like my face got even oilier throughout the day.

All in all I won't be using this on my face ever again but I think it could work nicely as a body moisturizer. Cetaphil is supposed to be a good brand for problematic skin and my own dermatologist recommended it to be as well but this wasnt the right face moisturizer for me. I personally prefer Cerave's moistuzer over this one because it's lighter and not greasy. Everyone's skin is different so it might work for you but I wasn't too impressed.Sorry!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:09:00 AM More reviews by jinitakalaiya

I have very oily, acne-prone skin. I decided to use this product due to the pharmacist at Boots preferring this over Vichy. I totally regret buying it! Broke me out after 2 days of using it. I got large cystic acne which stopped when I was on tertacyclin. My spots are large, red, hard and really painful :( Stopped using it immediately and just using homemade remedies to calm my poor skin....It leaves the skin feeling oily and heavy. Clogged my pores and too thick as a facial moisturiser. Wouldn't buy the product ever!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:04:00 AM More reviews by krose03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get really bad eczema in the winter and summer when conditions can get extreme and this moisturizer works wonders for me. I buy the round tub of it and it lasts forever. Usually moisturizers make my eczema worse or don't help at all but this didn't irritate it and it gradually started to let up and now I can finally say I haven't struggled with it in a long time. I would definitely recommend this for someone with dry skin problems it's a great product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have combo/oily skin. I cannot use this product on my face because it makes me break out. So I use this for my dry patches on my body (elbows and knees).

I wouldn't repurchase this because I prefer other lotions for my body.

EDIT: I would repurchase this lotion to use for my body. The weather has been so goddamn hot in my state (Hawaii) and this lotion is awesome to use after the shower. It is non greasy and soaks into the skin quickly without feeling thick or slimy.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Let's talk about what makes the "perfect" moisturizer.
First of all, does such a thing exist? Well, I guess not, since everyone has different skin and tolerances to fragrance. But I think everyone can agree that you need certain qualities in a lotion to make it suitable.
One: the smell. Ok, some people love heavy perfumes (earthy, floral, fruity, etc) and others (like me) HATE fragrances. Cetaphil is free of any scent, which makes it ideal for my purposes, but even if you like the smell of lilacs or apples lingering on your skin, you can always use actual perfume. So the odorless aspect IMO gives a point to cetaphil, since you can add but don't have to subtract.
Two: the consistency. Being a lotion, this is more water-based than oil-based as creams are. It is a little watery and takes a minute or two to really absorb, but is doesn't leave any stains on fabric and ultimately, hydrates pretty well. It feels different than something like St. Ives or even Suave, which may absorb faster but leave a strange, sticky feeling behind, almost like plastic coating the skin. You may not have to wait long but even in the shower, mineral oil lotions seem to cling. This one rinses off and doesn't really feel like anything. If it seems heavy in summer, it can be used in small amounts, which solves the problem while leaving skin soft. Of course, if you prefer those quick-acting lotions, this may not be for you.
Three: the packaging. Let's face it, we want to be hygienic. Cetaphil comes in tubes and pumps, and even a travel size squeeze bottle. You don't have to worry about contamination. I hate jars. They're just not that practical. These, however, are the portrait of convenience. Score! Male or female, you can carry a small one with you most anywhere without worrying about the jar spilling out its contents, or unsanitary hands reaching inside. Every product should be like this!
All in all, I give this lotion two thumbs up. I love the zero fragrance, it doesn't feel like plastic, hydrates well and goes with me everywhere. It may not be the greatest creation of mankind but it's a basic lotion that makes no promises other than softer skin.:)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by daniellecwz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion. It is affordable with a large amount of product that will last you a while and simple but it works very well. It keeps my body smooth, soft, and i've had dry bumps on my upper arms for years but after using this lotion, the bumps went away and my arms are left very smooth. It got greasy when i tried using it on my combination skin face but it works well on my body.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by KammSnow13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It broke me out! And after applying it my skin becomes super greasy and oily. It does have good hydration. I wouldn't buy it again

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Being on the acne.org regimine dried me out horribly, so this was helpful during the horrid hellfire phase of that skin care routine. After my face started calming down a bit, I found that I had to cut back the use of it on my face, as I noticed small breakouts on my jawline. I started using this just as a body lotion and for that, it is AWESOME. If I use something with fragrance and all the other nasty ingredients, my skin gets really irritated and splotchy. This leaves my skin nice and smooth and there is absolutely no irritation.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 5:54:00 AM More reviews by xxsaphxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ok let me fill you in on my skin history.
I have tried so many skincare products. You name it I've tried it. I broke out really badly about a year ago and my skin has been terrible since. I was looking here on MUA and I found Cetaphil. It was raved about, so I went down to my local chemist and bought a pack with the Oily Skin Cleanser, this moisutrizer and Benzac AC 2.5% gel.
I went home and tried this out before I went to bed. It was nice. Absorbed after about 30 seconds. Not a very strong smell which is great.
Now, a month and a bit later, my skin has never looked better! It's incredible! Keep in mind that I had huge blind pimples all over my cheeks, terrible scarring and blackheads all over my forehead and chin.
My skin now is so smooth, I barely ever get pimples now (apart from when I am on my period, thanks hormones!)
It wasn't just the moisturizer that cleared my skin (it was also the Oily Skin Cleanser and the Benzac AC 2.5% gel), but this helped. It's cheap (compared to other brands) and it really works!
Good product, Cetaphil!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 10:51:00 AM More reviews by elijes

Great no frills moisturizer! I tend to only wear it at night as it does leave a greasy film on my skin, but I never wake up with dry patches.