Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

3.7

Water, Glycerin, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil (Macademia Nut Oil), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearoxytrimethylsilane, Stearyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Farnesol, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

on 12/26/2014 6:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have very dry and sensitive skin and find a hard time finding a good body lotion. I usually end up with the following outcomes:
1. Contains fragrance causing me to break out in ezcema.
2. Is just not moisturising enough and I am dry and flaky again within the hour.
3. Is too thick or gets absorbed too quickly leading me to use a quarter of the bottle/tube in one go in order to cover my body adequately.
4. It is just too expensive or the product amount is too little for me to continue purchasing in the future.

This is not a luxurious product; it does not have a lovely fluffy creamy texture or feel like silk on the skin. It is not a deep moisturising cream, which makes me feel like I have the skin of a goddess. BUT I find it reliable and for that I am thankful and have yet to find a better option. I enjoy that it is both fragrance free as well as petroleum free as I find they do not moisturise my skin effectively when they do contain petroleum or related ingredients. I love that this spreads easily on the skin and I have to rub little in order for it to absorb. I also love that it moisturises my skin and it continues to stay hydrated until the next day. Most of all - I love that you can buy it in a litre bottle, which means it will last me a while until I need to repurchase. I go through body lotion like crazy and will use multiple pumps each use so this is an affordable option for me.

Very basic, but very reliable.

on 12/23/2014 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I am so overly obsessed with Cetaphil. I have suuuuuper dry and sensitive skin, (which Cetaphil specifically makes their products for), so I am in love. I use my gentle cleanser morning and night. After cleaning my face in the morning, I follow up with a liberal amount of this lotion. When cleansing my face in the evening, I use the Cetaphil gentle cleanser and then follow up the heavier Cetaphil cream (see profile for review of the cream). This lotion is nice and light, but strong enough to keep my face moisturized all day. I do not break out much, just the occasional stress spot but nothing major. I have been pretty blessed with really clear skin. I do, however, get really bad reactions to skin products if my skin rejects it (redness, flakes, etc.).
HIGHLY recommend to anyone with the same skin type as me. It is kind of pricy in my opinion, but you get so much product so it's worth it :)

on 12/12/2014 4:21:00 AM

I have used the cetaphil moisturizing lotion for chronic dry skin, sensitive skin that is fragrance free and non- comedogenic 200ml with cap.

*Reminder: Remember to buy lotion with cap if you are to use the lotion on face. And store it below 25 degree c.

I had use it for less than a weeks but at least more than three days already. But till now I still think it nothing happening on my face and never breakout.

*Skin: Oily or Combination skin if want to use this product I said must use Lotion for oily and combination skin as it is more water based.

* I just use this cetaphil moisturizing lotion for chronic dry skin after cleansing my face with my face cleanser that I always use and after apply the lotion in the morning I will use a sunblock that I always use.

From the first time I use this on my face till now still happy with this product.

on 12/10/2014 7:49:00 PM

This product is GREAT for the body, but NOT for the face. While it is very hydrating everywhere else, facial skin is left feeling too oily (after a few uses) as this product is a tad heavy. I tried it on my face since I use Retin-a, which is very drying, so I assumed the product would work well at night. Nope. Tried it for a week, and afterward it left my face an oily mess. No amount of blotting seemed to clear up the oil. And by the end of the week, my forehead started breaking out. For now, back to the old moisturizer which simply isn't hydrating enough, and this one too much.

on 12/2/2014 2:13:00 PM

I've tried SO MANY moisturizers and none seemed to help my dry (sometimes) flaky skin, I use both the lotion and cleanser and its my HG I use it everyday to remove makeup or just to wash my face and it leaves my skin baby smooth no dry patches, I also use this lotion or the Cetaphil "facial lotion" before foundation and it works AMAZINGLY I am truly happy and in love, whenever I see this stuff on sale I snatch it up cuz its about $12 a bottle but it lasts awhile. its a nice think consistancy not thick and NO SMELL lol but you can't even tell I have dry skin with the combination of this the cleanser and the facial moisturizer. love love love.:)

on 11/22/2014 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used this for a month. Made my skin itch. Broke me out. The nice red ones too.
In my late teens I tried this exact lotion which broke me out. Recently I needed a good lotion. Good reviews, okay, so I try. I apply on my face, it smells familiar. Then I realise its the same lotion with a different look.
Okay the formula may be different today. Nope. Still broke me out today.
It was very moisturising though.

on 11/20/2014 9:22:00 PM

I have horrible skin - it's sensitive and extremely acne-prone. I rarely find myself loving any facial moisturizers because they either don't work or feel heavy/greasy on my skin. Cetaphil is amazing though, my face drinks it up like water and it never "feels" like there's anything on my face. Will always repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought a big thing of this when I saw it at Costco the other day and I am so glad I did. I have combo skin that produces oil throughout the day but is generally dry between my eyebrows, around my nose and mouth, and on my cheeks. I was adding olive oil to my last moisturizer because my skin was freaking out about the cold weather and getting dry patches (I was using the Nivea mattifying day cream). I put this on my face after having a shower and HOLY it feels like my face took in a big gulp of water. The packaging said it was for normal to dry sensitive skin but it works wonderfully for me. Will definitely be repurchasing.

UPDATE: When I first applied this I had no active breakouts and my skin had dry patches, so on the first application it felt wonderful. Here I am, about two weeks later, with a LOT of breakouts and some really painful ones too. The only new thing added to my face has been this moisturizer, I loved it and from my review above I did love it, but alas my skin does not.

on 11/11/2014 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Two words: too greasy! I had high hopes for this for my sensitive rosacea skin, but it's just too greasy for my oily skin. It didn't feel too bad when I applied it - a bit thick but it seemed to absorb ok. But very oily only a few hours later... I might try it at night time, but think there's a chance it even be too oily overnight too. So I wouldn't recommend for oily or combo skin at all. Shame.

on 11/9/2014 6:03:00 PM

This is a super average product that I find very over priced and therefore would not puchase again. It is so so as far as being moisturizing and smells dusty or stale or something.