December 17, 2014 | 1749 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I didn't purchase this mascara, I received a sample size in Sephora's 500 point perk Tarte package.

pros:
- packaging is cute. the bamboo-esque tube is charming
- the wand is straight and simple. no curves or anything. sometimes, the simpler the better
- the amount of product that comes out is perfect, almost to a minimum which I like. There is ZERO excess product that comes out that you have to wipe off. Good on ya Tarte! this is a major plus.
- I don't have raccoon eyes at the end of the day with this mascara

cons:
- doesn't hold my lashes' curl
- doesn't give a lot of volume to my curls which I usually like. the effect i get is a very natural, clean look with this mascara. I don't get spider lashes with clumps in it. so i use this when i don't want to wear much makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 10:43:00 PM More reviews by calliethrutchley

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is one of the best mascaras I have ever used! I already have long lashes, but I find that it makes them even longer while separating without making them clump. I really do love it! I recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

This is a pretty nice mascara.

What I like about this mascara is it separates lashes very nicely while giving them length without clumping AT ALL.

The only flaw is it doesn't add a lot a lot of length to your eye lashes.

Might buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 3:51:00 PM More reviews by makeupjenn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I always told myself I wouldn't fall for high end mascaras especially after being so dissapointed with benefits they're real. but I got a sample pack from tarte with this mascara in it, and I love it. it kind of feels like there's not much product on the wand, but that's what I love that it's such a dry formula but it doesn't flake or anything. it lengthens and separates beautifully, although I usually do another coat of a bit of a thicker mascara, but I love it as a base to get the lashes how you want them. most definitely looking to purchase the full size

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 1:33:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have used two full sized tubes of this thru different Tarte combo gifts. I must say, I usually think every mascara on the market is barely "meh" but this one is actually pretty nice! Coats my lashes well and makes them look more thick and lush. I do have a favorite drugstore brand I use (Jordana) but this one is alright too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2014 8:29:00 PM More reviews by JuliaCote

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this for the most part. It's probably not my favorite mascara in the world...it doesn't separate as well as I'd like and sometimes gets a little flaky at the end of the day, but it definitely added quite a bit of volume to my thin, sparse lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by jccmz

This was a nice mascara but not right for my "Asian" (thin, short, point straight down) lashes. I liked the formula and how it looked on my lashes but it wouldn't hold a curl. Also, I have eyes that tear easily from allergies or even when my friends make me laugh (which happens a lot because my friends are awesome), and this mascara ran when my eyes teared. Then I would have a mess around my eyes. I had to return it, even though I loved how it made my lashes look when freshly applied. My lashes would droop fairly quickly and the mascara would run on me. The packaging is unique and quite nice, even if a bit huge. I think if you can wear regular mascara, you might like it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by KathleenS

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst mascara I have ever used. I would give this a zero if I could. Maybe I got a bad tube but it does absolutely nothing. I mean nothing. It is like using a spoolie on my eyelashes with no product whatsoever. I thought it might work on my bottom lashes but even that is worthless. I am swearing off HE mascara forever and sticking with the cheap stuff from the drugstore.

Very disappointing.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by Giron0922

This mascara is good if you are looking for a natural look, the formula is a bit dry but it does separate lashes and defines them well. Overall it's a good mascara but I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 10:39:00 AM More reviews by cha1291

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

i love thiss! love that its not filled with chemicals and the wooden tube is cool. makes my lashes longest they been so far and one coat is all u need and volume is pretty good. price wise not sure id buy this to often but its a awesome mascara any tarte mascara really is