March 2, 2015 | 1696 users online

Mascara - Tarte - Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Really surprised at how good this mascara is! Despite liking Tarte as a concept and brand, I've been repeatedly disappointed with their products. With that said, my mother received this in a gift set and refrained from using it. She passed it on to me, while I was in mascara limbo, and I began using it immediately.

This is an effective mascara. It separates lashes in a naturalistic way, amplifies volume and length, and refrains from clumping. It also works well with other mascaras layered.

I will repurchase; this is perfect for every day. For an evening or more dramatic look, this works will a more fibrous mascara layered on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by Ellieolifer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Hands down, my holy grail mascara! You guys will not be disappointed. I just cant say enough good things about it. It works so beautifully! It adds so much length and volume at the same time and does not clump. At a first glance at the brush, i didnt think it would work as well as it did, and o boy was i surprised. My lashes are thick, dark, perfectly separated and long! Amazing mascara and is definitely worth the money!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 4:43:00 AM More reviews by Laski

Wonderful mascara!! Gives my lashes serious volume, length, lift and tints them deeply black, without clumping at all. And last but not least: It doesnīt flake, doesnīt smudge - it seriously lasts ALL day! The only negative point I have: It dried out quite quickly, which is a pity. Thatīs the reason I only give 4 lippies. I will definitely buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2014 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Lauren10409

Very nice mascara. Definitly gives volume without the clumping.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Nessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good for creating thick, long lashes. Holds up well to all day wear without smearing or irritating my eyes! Cute packaging..a bit expensive considering mascara is only good for 6 months though

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Chelle329

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite mascara!! And I've tried them ALL. This one allows you to build multiple coats, and applies smoothly and evenly over every lash. Lengthens and thickens. And absolutely does NOT flake or smudge. You can apply lightly for a daytime look, or the multiple coats for a fake eyelash appearing evening look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by margomiller

This stuff was just decent but you will get the same (if not better) results with a drug store mascara! not worth the money at all. tube is stupidly huge haha

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by HollyWould123

I really wasn't a huge fan of this. I didn't hate it enough to throw it out or anything, but couldn't wait to replace it with something else. I absolutely love every single Tarte product I've ever used, except this one. The formula is dry-ish and barely coats my lashes even after 2 applications. Since so many applications is needed to achieve even a minimalistic look, obviously my lashes clump up during the process! I did like how it made my bottom lashes look for some reason, and the packaging is adorable. Definitely not running out to buy more but am open to other Tarte mascaras in the future! I'd probably give this away if I got a sample of this or it came in a set (like this one did).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by jlaper

I really, really like this mascara. As stated before, the bamboo tube is adorable and not terribly cumbersome to handle, and the formula thickens really well and lengthens slightly. What really made up my mind on purchasing this mascara again has to do with the fact that it does not clump on my lashes, nor does it leave soot on my lids as the muggy NY summer grinds on. Virtually every other mascara I've used, both high end and drugstore would migrate in the heat, leaving me with raccoon eyes. Not Amazonian Clay. It loses a star overall for price and for me, difficulty of removal. Soap and water doesn't touch it- you will need an oil based remover to clean this off of your lashes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 10:50:00 AM More reviews by materialface

I didn't purchase this mascara, I received a sample size in Sephora's 500 point perk Tarte package.

pros:
- packaging is cute. the bamboo-esque tube is charming
- the wand is straight and simple. no curves or anything. sometimes, the simpler the better
- the amount of product that comes out is perfect, almost to a minimum which I like. There is ZERO excess product that comes out that you have to wipe off. Good on ya Tarte! this is a major plus.
- I don't have raccoon eyes at the end of the day with this mascara

cons:
- doesn't hold my lashes' curl
- doesn't give a lot of volume to my curls which I usually like. the effect i get is a very natural, clean look with this mascara. I don't get spider lashes with clumps in it. so i use this when i don't want to wear much makeup.