April 16, 2014 | 948 users online

Treatments - Estee Lauder - Idealist Even Skintone Illuminator

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Benzgirl79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has done a fantastic job of evening out my skintone over the past two months, so far I'm really liking this product.

I have combination dry, sensitive skin that is prone to irritation and break outs if I use the wrong products - very surprised I can use this. For the first half hour or so after a shower, my face is red and splotchy. As soon as I apply this (after my Clarins Liquid Bronze self tanner), my skin evens out almost immediately and them I'm ready for my foundation. No need for an additional moisturizer. It pairs very well with the self tanner because the product itself has a bit of a goldish shimmer that isn't garish, but looks more like a golden glow afterwards. I've noticed that since I started using this, my foundation stays on a lot longer too so for me, it almost acts as a primer as well.

To date, I've never purchased a full size bottle - I keep buying the samples off ebay, I just picked up 3 little bottles for under 20 dollars. I use quite a bit of the product every day and am still on my first bottle.

My big test of this product will come in the fall/winter when my skin is very dry and irritated - I will continue to use and update if anything changes but so far, this stuff has been fantastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

I had initially received a sample of this product as part of a gift bag and after a few weeks of continuous use, I had noticed a visible difference in the texture and overall appearance of my complexion. For the record, I do not have acne-prone skin. But when I do break out due to stress, the lone zit (cyst type eruption) that emerges can leave a lingering mark that takes some time to fade. It has taken less time in doing so since using this product. I had applied the serum SPARINGLY to the major areas of my face after makeup removal and cleansing (forehead, tip of nose, chin and cheeks) smoothing it over evenly, then finishing up with my usual layer of moisturizer and eye cream (both on mornings and evenings). So far, it has kept my skin smooth and even toned, as promised. Just purchased the full sized bottle.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/2/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by Dannigiirl

My biggest skin issue is my acne marks/scars. I heard so much rant and rave about Estée Lauder's Even Skintone Illuminator serum and read so many success stories, I figured I'd give it a shot. To start out I only purchased the 1oz bottle which was around $60 at the time just because I wanted to try it out. There were 2 other sizes; a 1.7 oz which was $90 and a 3.4 which was $140. They all were a bit pricey for me but definitely worth a try to help build my self esteem. This serum is more watery in consistency than "jelly-like", which I didn't really like at first. I feel that the silicone texture helps blur the look of my pores. I used this product for almost 9 MONTHS and didn't see any sort of improvement in my skin. The only good thing I could point out was that the redness in my skin diminished a little, but nothing involving my marks. When I applied the serum it actually stung and kind of burnt my face for about a minute, but I dealt with it. The scent is so strong and smells like cucumber citrus, which I don't mind but it gets overwhelming. It had a very luminescent glow that was sort of a yellow tint and the only upside to that was it gave my skin a glow but only before I applied my foundation. I also noticed that I started to break out from this even more due to all the dang fragrance and parabens in this product. I will never repurchase this product and other people I've talked to said they had similar side effects and no results. What a waste of money in my book!! In 9 months I had purchased over $200 (after I bought the 1oz for $60 which only lasted 1 1/2 months, I bought the 3.4oz for $140 that barely lasted me 6 months!) and using it day and night I ran thorough it like hot cakes! I don't recommend this serum and Estée Lauder, you need to step up your game and quit putting so much fragrance in your products!! It's sickening.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 11:21:00 PM More reviews by JLsunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really liked the idea of using a product that would illuminate and make my skin glow but this product did not do it for me. It in fact made my imperfections stand out and dried out my skin. I was not pleased with the results and will not purchase again. I would not suggest to people who have acne break outs, this will only make it worse and cause irritation.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by tequila29

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Basically this product does not live up to its claim. I used it religiously for several months and saw no difference on my cheeks. I have some splotchiness and unevenness but I can't say this product helped at all. I probably have 2/3 of a bottle left so I will use it on my navel to see if I can see any visible improvement in fading the dark line I have that runs from below my belly button down. I doubt it will work but what else can I do with this glittery cream?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by AoomAoom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this together with ANR and it has just been 2 weeks but my redness is faded away a lot !!! Woww, I'm surprised by that, today I can even wear a thin layer of Double Wear to show my skin. Thank you Estee Lauder. Gonna try more of their products.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by LisTan

I have been using this serum for a 3 months now, and I think I can safely say it doesnt really have much of an effect for me. It does make the skin feel softer and smoother, and works well for the oily parts of my face (doesn't make it break out or oilier).My problem areas has always been my chin (darker tone) and my cheeks (red and splotchy). There is definitely a visible difference in the redness of my cheeks but it has not helped me with my uneven skin tone on my chin (darker tone than rest of the face). A mediocre product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 3:12:00 AM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing special about this. Does not even skintone. However it is good for people with dry skin, it makes skin feel smooth soft and hydrated. would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Nickydfg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hi. any people that say any of the EL treatments make u 'break out' are not reviewing ur EL product. As per EL's site all off their products are non-acnegenic and will not cause any type of inflammation. U should check out what else u r using or find a separate acne treatment for your 'troubled' skin. Check EL's website for info. Do ur research.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by coursey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate this product. what a waste of money. it had so much silicone in it, no wonder it's only good enough to be used as a primer. I see no difference with skin tone or pores after using this. it has a lot of that mica crap in it and cause my skin to flare up with some acne. stay away from this product if you have oily skin. their advanced night repair serum is better and actually works to fade my acne scars and maintain clearer smoother looking skin.