Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

4.4

on 2/26/2015 6:42:00 AM

So I just had this super buzzed sunscreen from an Asian company (got it online as I live in the UK) and unfortunately, another bluff for me (got quite a few this year so far! And we're only in March...)
I have put it right in my skin since it's supposed to be a chemical sunscreen, and after that my foundation, powder etc. By the way, Ben Nye Classical setting powder is another big disappointment.

Anyways, I've been feeling my skin itchy and tight the whole morning. When I looked at my face 3 hours later, there you go, the same oily noise as usual. I have sensitive, combination skin, dry cheeks and oily t zone. But my skin is NOT oily, must state that.

I was recommended this sunscreen as it's supposed to be smooth and all that, matte... but hasn't worked for me. I guess for people living in very humid countries, or very oily skin type... would work. But not for sensitive skin. It does sting and irritates even using a light moisturiser under this crap. Have Hydreane Light (specific for normal to combination skin) which I think is the best for my skin type, and still feel my skin burning.

Guess I should have known better. Maybe is kinda suitable (although I doubt it) for very humid, hot, sunny places, but the worst decision if you live in London or any other similar European environments.

So avoid using this SS if your skin is dehydrated (no matter if it's dry, combination like mine or oily) or you have very sensitive skin. My advice? ALWAYS avoid SS containing alcohol. That's the worst thing you can do to your skin in the long term. Trust me.

on 1/9/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This sunscreen is THE sunscreen for people who hate sunscreen...aka me. I've always hated applying the recommended amount of sunscreen because it leaves white casts and smells funky. But with this stuff, none of that happens. No white cast. Citrusy, pleasant smell. Dries in half a second. Smoothens skin. SPF 50. Get this. It's amazing. I got my grandma into using it and she loves it!

on 12/29/2014 4:36:00 PM

This sunscreen is the best sunscreen I've ever used.

It has great SPF, a good PA rating, and is so cosmetically elegant that it makes me excited to apply sunscreen.
It has a light, gel-like texture and a mild citrus-y smell, and feels very refreshing when you apply it. It dries down to a matte finish and has absolutely no white cast. It also does not break me out and I have acne prone skin.

However, it has quite a bit of denatured alcohol in it, so if that is something you avoid or you have drier skin, this sunscreen may not be the best for you. Also, the fact that I can't purchase this in a brick and mortar store is a bit of a con.

Overall, an amazing sunscreen. If you are someone who has been averse to using sunscreen out of fear of greasiness/white cast/breakouts, then I highly recommend that you try this one.

on 11/19/2014 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been using the Biore sunscreen for three months now and I like their product. The sunscreen dries to a matte finish which is excellent for early mornings where you may not have time for your sunscreen to absorb fully. It's spf 50 and has a pa +++ which is great for protection against the sun's damaging effect on the skin. I apply 1/4 tsp of it on my face, if you apply less of it, you run the risk of not getting the advertised spf 50 and pa +++.

On to the negatives. First of all, the strong alcohol's odour sometimes stings my eyes. My face gets an odd finish after applying it, it looks too matte at times and my face feels very dry and tight. I wish this sunscreen was pa ++++ to get better ppd protection.

I currently have three Biore sunscreens coming to me in a few weeks, however, I may turn t another sunscreen afterwards. One more moisturizing and a pa ++++. The Hada Labo creamy uv gel is next on my hit list.

on 11/10/2014 12:19:00 AM

i love this for how simple and effective it is. i was looking for a comfortable and effective sunscreen for my oily skin in everyday use. but most products i found was irritating to my skin due to the multiple benefits they claim to deliver: whitening, anti-aging, color correction etc. this is my holygrail sunscreen: comfortable, no frills, does what it is supposed to do and affordable.

on 11/6/2014 11:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my all-time favorite sunscreen for 3 reasons. First, it layers beautifully under foundation, and doubles as a primer. Second, I have sensitive skin and this doesn't irritate at all. Third, the cost is so reasonable for something so cosmetically elegant.

I only experience this drying effects of this formula in the winter. To compensate, I tap a few drops of safflower oil into the skin first.

I just wish I could translate every word on the packaging and bottle.

on 11/3/2014 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE THIS! This is by far the best face sunscreen I've tried! I have tried a lot! I have been using an everyday face SPF for about 10+ years now.

Reasons why I love thee:
Non-greasy! It does not leave a yucky film on my face, and does not make my face shiny
Great consistency, absorbs easily and does not leave a white cast
High SPF and PA rating
Did not cause me breakouts

Downside is that they don't have it in our country so when I go to HK or SG... I hoard this!!! Happy to have stumbled on this in one of the beauty blogs

on 10/29/2014 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I picked up 3 tubes of this when I was staying in Japan. It only cost about 円650, which is about $6.00 US. It wears like a lotion and is very easy to spread. I was looking for a sunscreen like this because US sunscreens are very thick and clog the pores.

The SPF is amazing! I've used Aveeno sunscreens that are 50 SPF or higher and still got burned or tan lines. This Biore product blocks out sun completely, makes your skin soft, and is easy to spread on the skin. I've also used it on my face without breaking out.

I don't know about the waterproofing quality since I don't swim.

on 10/29/2014 3:21:00 PM

I've used up five tubes of this sunscreen. I love to use it during the summer and it is non-drying, yet not too rich. Good values too. I wish major drugstore/sephora would carry this since it's hard to find in the US

on 10/3/2014 9:40:00 AM

super nice....non greasy at all good for daily use in super hot country like Malaysia.