July 25, 2014 | 1987 users online

Sunscreen - Biore - UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen SPF50+ PA+++

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:45:00 AM More reviews by jonny4

A sunscreen that is lighter than some of my oil control moisturizers. That's how light it is. However once applied you will still be able to feel a very light layer of it on your skin. This is actually a good thing because it means this sunscreen won't melt off the moment sweat a little bit. Not a sunscreen for the outdoors though.

Some reviews and blogs mention that this sunscreen can be removed with regular cleansers. But the instructions on the packaging tells u that a makeup remover is recommended for removal. So to be on the safe side I use a cleansing oil to remove this sunscreen.

Edit:
I have tried the new 2014 version and the main difference is the texture. You can actually feel a light powdery layer after it has fully absorbed. Oil n shine control is a teeny bit better than the older version. The sunscreen is also a bit more substantial so it won't melt off so easily in humid weather. It is still a favourite of mine for daily use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2013 2:57:00 AM More reviews by Natashia

Very light and feels powdery when applies . Does not leave a white cast . Good for oily skin .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Jaded81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has a pleasant light citrus scent, non-greasy, does not leave a film or white cast, and leaves the skin wonderfully soft and hydrated. Those with oilier skins may not even need to use a separately moisturizer underneath.

However, it does not provide sufficient UV protection as it only protects against UVB & UVA2 Rays. Also, it is worth noting that it has a high alcohol content and uses chemical sunscreens only - Octinoxate & Uvinul A Plus.

Actives: Octinoxate & Uvinul A Plus.

Others: Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Acrylates/C10-30 Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Agar, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Sodium Hyaluronate, [grapefruit, lemon & Orange extract] Citrus Grandis, Citrus Medica Limonum, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis, Xylitol, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Fragrance

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by walkinbyfaith10

This is by far the best sunscreen I have ever used! I've searched high and low for sunscreen that has high spf and claims to be non-greasy/dry-touch, and most have disappointed. I discovered this one through my cousin from Taiwan, and since my first try, I've been hooked! This particular sunscreen is made of a water base, so it does not at all have the greasy feel that other sunscreen has. Once you put it on, it really just dries like as if you've only touched water--and this is not exaggeration. It also has a light citrusy scent. I've been able to find this product on eBay for about $13 and the cost of it equates to other drugstore brands, so this is definitely a steal for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 5:59:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

Japanese sunscreen is very overwhelming so I was glad to discover this a year ago from Makeupalley. I am on my third tube of this stuff. I even recommended it to my cousin-in-law and she loved it so much that she got it for herself.

It smells fresh and citrusy, is a so light and watery (as the name suggests). I don't love that it is a chemical sunscreen but it is perfect if you're not so picky. I think it is impossible to break out from this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I bought this as a base instead of the one I wanted, and I have to say, as a sunscreen it's ok, but as a base it's not that special. It's not thick and gross but also doesn't have the well known UVA and UVB blockers, doesn't feel super especially moisturizing since it's a sunscreen not a lotion, it's just overall 'ok'. It doesn't seem to clog me like some sunscreens can, but it's quite pricey so I don't think I'll buy again.

Update: I know ss is important, but so many just make me feel gross and clogged and slick. So because of that, I might buy this again. I definitely want a better primer (though this isn't bad, and I don't prime everyday. Actually, I almost never do) to use when I really want that done up look, but as a daily ss to protect myself yet not cause issues, I might have to reconsider getting more of this or something similar in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 6:09:00 AM More reviews by emysiu

No white cast, no greasiness! It really does sink into your skin quite easily. It's the only sunscreen I've put on that doesn't feel like I'm putting on sunscreen. While I wish that it had better oil-control, I'm willing to trade that off for the other great pros of this sunscreen. I will definitely be reordering on Amazon and be buying more on my next trip in Asia.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 4:25:00 AM More reviews by strawberrynkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked this up randomly at a Tokyo store. There was so many and I couldn't read the properties. Biore Aqua Rich was the only one with the sample bottle to tried. I thought it was light and non-sticky and I decided to buy it. I love this stuff. It's the only facial sunscreen that I ever liked. This is incomparable to any drug store sun screen in N.America. It's smells great and it's perfect base for make-up application, especially in the winter. This is definitely not moisturizing enough for my dry skin in the winter, but works well in addition to my other moisturizer with SPF.

Buy it, you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2013 12:54:00 AM More reviews by risathompson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I quite like this sunscreen. It spread like a dream, non sticky, and no white cast. My only gripe is that it's totally made up of chemical sunscreen, and does not protect against UVA1. Its main sunscreen ingredient ~ octinoxate ~ is absorb by the skin and degrade with exposure to sunlight, so reapplication is very crucial.
Nonetheless, it is oen of the most cosmetically elegant and affordable sunscreen I have used. I usually go for all physical sunscreen, but on days where I wear heavier makeup, i would use this under my foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by screamstyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love everything of this product! Baby blue packaging.. Price wise.. Effectiveness everything. Dint break me out or irritate my skin. Its just perfect for the 365 hot humid days where i live .. For a oily girl like me its just heavenly! Dries real quick ! Moisturizes while not being sticky at all! My husband uses it too! He has got normal to dry skin! He likes it as well!