September 19, 2014 | 1820 users online

BB Cream - Bobbi Brown - BB Cream SPF 35 PA+++

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2014 8:57:00 PM More reviews by marquiseazzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this, so I'll probably update if it ends up clogging my pores... I recently moved to Chicago, where this past winter was especially BRUTAL, and coupled with going off BC my normally oily skin has turned impossibly dry. I've used Bare Minerals (very light application) for a bunch of years, and between the weather, newly regularized hormones, and a 30th birthday coming up, my skin took a nosedive into bone-dry desert territory. It seems any and all powders, even applied with the lightest touch, started sinking into fine lines I didn't know I had. I looked dull, old, and sad. But I hate the feel of foundation, and I admittedly have pretty decent skin already - aside from dry flaking and one or two cysts during my period. Not so bad. Dullness is the issue here.

I tried this cream at the Bobbi Brown counter, and was SHOCKED (audibly shocked - I sort of yelped to the makeup artist) at how glow-y my face became. Instantly - my face looked like it had dropped five years. It just glided effortlessly over my slightly enlarged cheek pores and laugh lines, almost totally diminishing them. The Bobbi concealer stick (also purchased) hid a few old acne scars, and the BB cream on top just blended them away. Wearing the cream and the concealer underneath, I walked around town in 80 degree weather for a few hours and the glow just kept improving. It stayed put, with no setting powder, didn't settle into my lines or pores, and did not dry out at all. It felt like I was wearing nothing. The effect is very subtle - an idealized, blurred version of my own skin. So - pretty much perfect. It may be too soon, but I'm thinking HG material.

UPDATE - Still awesome. It hasn't broken me out in the slightest - when I was using Bare Minerals I got many, MANY more pimples. It looks fresh for about 6 hours on me, with a little nose-powdering. Fantastic product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this product but there are cheaper options with similar results. I usually use MAC studio fix or LAncome dual finish for daily use. I wanted to try lighter foundations, so I bought Bobbi brown BB cream and Loreal True Match. I used both in different days and I liked the results but seemed to me like similar products. Then I used Bobbi Brown BB cream in half the face and True Match in the other half. I noted minimal difference initially and after 4 hours both products have almost vanished. If I have to choose, I will buy the cheapest one, L'oreal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 12:31:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this. Good coverage and high SPF. Great color (I use the fairest shade). Not as thick or covering as some of the thickest BB creams--I am thinking of Dr. Jart and Boscia, but color match is a little better. I have deluxe samples of these thicker ones and use them when I am in the mood, and currently I am using Smashbox because I bought it in a JCP sephora where Bobbi Brown was not available and I needed one. Smashbox has about the same consistency as the Bobbi Brown, but lower SPF and the color/coverage of the Bobbi Brown is superior. Bobbi Brown BB is my favorite of all the ones I have tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by erinlee86

I really liked this product. If you are after full coverage then this is not the right product for you. This BB cream really evens out skin tone and basically feels like you are not wearing any make up at all. You can build the BB cream up, but the finish will never be a full coverage look. At first when you apply the BB cream you will think it will be quite cakey, however once blended in and absorbed it is quite natural looking. People really will not be sure if you are wearing make up or not. I think this is great for everyday type of wear, or if you are the type of person who gets a little worried about going bare faced to the beach, this is perfect for you. It still gives you some coverage, without looking like you've got war paint on. I think you should use your fingers with this one. I found with the sponge it soaked up too much of the product and this product is quite expensive in Australia, therefore you want it to last. I would purchase it again for summer time as it's light weight and literally take 2 minutes to apply. You don't need anything else added really. I would say this is more suitable for dry/normal and maybe combination skin, but not oily. The product is quite moisturising and could look a little slick later in the day if you have a lot of shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

I've tried several brands of BB cream (including Smashbox, Estee Lauder, Stila) and this one by Bobbi Brown is definitely my favourite. It gives very good coverage and matches my skin perfectly (I bought it in Light), unlike other BB creams, which have tended to be too dark or too orange.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Vf94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely worth buying...
I bought this on a flight to use up my pounds so I was quite curious to see how this product worked for me... I bought medium which is pretty much a perfect match for my skin - I thought I was very fair and the lighter colour would suit me. The consistency is good, nothing to complain about. Feels a bit thick before applied but evens out and leaves a light, dewy finish on the skin. No it doesn't give good coverage but I didn't expect that from a bb cream.. A bit of concealer on my redness sorts out that issue. Since buying this has become my everyday product and since I live in a very warm climate i am very impressed at the fact that it lasts for hours.. Doesn't slide off the skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 9:26:00 AM More reviews by amandamorgan

I have been using this stuff for about a week now, and I am in love. This BB cream has such beautiful coverage. It feels pretty thick when you apply it but turns weightless once blended with the fingers. It lasts ALL day. I don't even powder this stuff and it lasts from 7am to 10pm. Crazy. The shade extra light is a perfect match for me, and I can't wait to use this in the summer. If you don't have perfect skin don't rule this out because its not full full coverage. Use a heavy coverage concealer, like the Mac Pro Longwear for under the eyes, sport conceal any blemishes and you will be good. This gives a medium coverage in my opinion but I love how natural it looks. I don't have one bad thing to say. GREAT!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Allouqua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It gave me pimples... Mind you my skin isn't sensitive and never gets a pimple.
Usually I can put any normal foundation on without any issues whatsoever. It might be some "natural minerals" they put in since the only other time I had issues with a foundation was with bare minerals.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by aysays

My new obsession. My friends noticed the difference in my look immediately. Don't need a foundtion or bronzer anymore. You don't feel it on yr skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by sarah1993

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this BB cream. It is excellent for everyday wear - not too heavy however manages to even out my skin tone and create a natural look. Being a BB cream, obviously it doesn't cover all my blemishes, however I just use a bit of concealer and finish with some powder. This BB cream lasts all day and I only have to blot about once or twice.
The only downfall I can mention is the price - $60 for a tiny tube. I would repurchase however as it is the best I am yet to find.