September 30, 2014 | 1904 users online

Eye Primer - Australis - Eyeshadow Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2012 4:36:00 AM More reviews by paralleluniverse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this eyeshadow primer, but it's not my HG. It certainly does make eyeshadows more vibrant and eyeliners last a lot longer! Also makes anything on my eyelid pretty close to smude-proof! One bottle has lasted me about 6-7 months. The packaging is very cute - a bright pink tube with a black lid. However the tube is a hassle - it's very hard to get all the product out, and I also like to see how much product I have left...but the packaging doesn't allow this. The primer is also hard to depot because the packaging is so hard.
The price of $12.95 is a little steep although you can get it for $3 cheaper when there are sales on at Big W, Kmart etc. However, I prefer my Etude house Proof 10 Eye Primer which retails at $6.30 online on eBay since it also allows me to see how much product I have left. But overall, not a bad eyeshadow primer at all! Certainly does a good job, and I would repurchase if it was on sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by kandymonsta

I love this eyeshadow primer! A little amount of this primer goes a long way. I pop this on before I use cream eye shadows and it prevents them from creasing as well as prevent me from getting oily lids. Definitely a staple in my makeup collection!
Overall, it's very affordable and a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by GlitzyGremlin

Love everything about this product! The packaging is just so pretty, formula is so soft, has a nice subtle smell, applicator goes on well and last but not least I love that it's cruelty free :) a HG product for sure!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

I am 100% amazed by this - led to it by Chloe Morello and I will never look back! I have MAC prep & prime for eyes and hardly ever use it because of its white hue. This on the other hand is only AU$12.95 at Priceline and has NO colour at all!
It has a doefoot applicator and only a tiny bit is needed so it should last ages.
Incredible price!
If you look at the ingredients, it does contain some dimethicone and when you put it on it will have a slippery feel to it, not creamy like most primers. But then 3 seconds later, it has set into a 'pushy' feel, which is perfect for holding eyeshadow and eyeliner!
You will know what I mean by the feel when you test it out - its not tacky, sliippery, sticky, none of that. It sets into this colourless matte base which simply refuses to be rubbed off. When you put eyeshadow over the top, it stays there, like velcro, but still allowing you to blend, or push the product a little bit.
An amazing cheap product!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60, BeneFit Champagne, Bobbi Brown #4, MUFE Sand/Desert
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:14:00 AM More reviews by AliceJessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

FINALLY!!! I have been looking high and low for something to stop my oily lids from gathering eyeshadow in the creases and ruining my hard work!
I decided to give this a go, despite it being considered a budget brand and I was OVER THE MOON to find that it does its job to perfection.
I have worn this everyday for 8 hours with no fading whatsoever, just a dab on each lid, gently massage it in and BOOM. Eyeshadow will not budge. Honestly I cant even blend it out if I leave it on my lid too long during application.
I also have sensitive eyes and this is gentle as can be! Big plus :D
Packaging is super cute, I love how Australis make all their products look alike (MAC inspiration?) Hot pink bottle with a black lid and doe foot applicator. Price was around $19 at Farmers NZ but I got this in a buy 1 get 1 half price deal :)
I love it so much I bought another! I recommend this to all NZ'ers and Aussies!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

This is a brilliant bargain eye primer, nothing I have tried comes close to this. I have dry skin but my eyelids are always greasy and this makes my shadow last all day for 10hrs or more. I can even wear pencil or cream liner which is usually a no go for me as it usually ends up in my crease within 5 mins of application. Brilliant product in that weird pink shiny package. Get some!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is honestly so amazing. It does everything a primer is meant to do and it's super cheap! definitely recommend this to people on a budget.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2012 10:02:00 PM More reviews by carolinecaz

Wow, very impressed with this silicone based eye primer. I have really oily skin/lids and I can't really wear dark eyeshadows without them either creasing, fading away or transferring to my lower lash line by midday.

PROS:
- It's a sheer based formula, so it doesn't add any colour, which is my personal preference. I'm not a fan of the primers with colour in them because they tend to be a bit too pale and add the wrong sort of colour to your lids.
- Tried lining my eyes with brown and black shadow and both lasted all day without transferring or creasing.
- Despite being a sheer primer, it still allows eyeshadows to show up as true colours (i.e. what they look like in the pan).
- I've tried using this with cheap shadows and they look great and last very long with this primer.
- Very cheap, I got this for $AUD12 at Priceline

CONS:
- Not sure if this is a con but it is silicone based which some people with really sensitive skin might not like. However, I think the problem most people have with silicone is that it breaks them out...which isn't (or shouldn't be) a problem on one's eyelids.
- On the packaging it says it has 10mL which isn't a lot but for the price and use it's fine. It's just the container kind of feels light and when I tried digging into the container with the bottle applicator I couldn't seem to scoop out much...so not sure how long this will last me. Not that you really any more than a dot on each eyelid.
- I've tried looking for it online but it seems you can only get it in Australia

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 3:04:00 AM More reviews by lizzea

I was a bit skeptical that this would be any good and it applies a little greasy at first however it does dry matte and it has kept my shadows put for longer than without primer. Its pretty affordable compared to other primers at least and seems to be good value so far!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2011 5:49:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is simply fantastic.
I am not familiar with UDPP or TFSI but now don't even feel the need to try them. This stuff holds on to shadow, good or cheap quality, doesn't crease and my eye makeup lasts well throughout a workday. Looks as fresh at the end of the day than at the start.
Something like $11 a pop which is much less than the others mentioned.
I'm quite thrilled! Would be great in tube form.