Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

I do Korean ombre lips sometimes and the colour 03 strawberry kiss looks so stunning. The formula blends really well and it really lasts for a meal on me, which I am pretty satisfied. Usually lipsticks/stain/gloss only last on me for one or two hours. I own 03,07and 13 they get compliments from friends when I wear those. Be sure to moisturize your lips before applying and definitely try out this amazing product.

on 7/20/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I've only worn Always Red from this line, and I probably won't stop. First off, it's a simple package which I like, nothing to complicated. It goes on like lip gloss would, similar applicators to those from your childhood. It's easy to fix a mistake with this before it dries and even if it dries, I find just a little vaseline will make it go away without staining my skin. It mattes wonderfully and it's long lasting, I maybe touch it up after 4 hours. Also I've been swimming with it and A+, same colour I had before I got in the water. It's odorless, and the Always Red is super super super red. I will say though, it is a bit drying on the lips so I usually go over with either some chapstick (sometimes before) or with another bright red lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because I saw the color on a friend and it looked good on her. I got the same color as her Always Red. I was kinda hesitant because it was a stain and I have never had a good experience with stains. They tend to fade or dry out, and just not look good.

I tried it and loved it! The product goes on so soft and creamy. It has really good coverage and a little goes a long way. Its pretty easy to control where the color goes. It really does last all day with the same vibrancy as when I first put it on. It also smells really good like vanilla cake. Yummy!

on 7/14/2015 4:01:00 AM

have a discontinued shade, a metallic dark berry color. lasts a long time, no need for a liner. good formula. can ball up or flake off if you apply too much.

on 7/11/2015 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love, love , love this product! I have the colour Marvellous Mauve. The staying power of the lipstick is seriously incredible. I can drink and eat and never have to worry about getting the lip liner effect from my lipstick. There is no transfer what so ever. I put this on in the morning and that's it no second application, nothing. It just stays there on my lips looking all pretty :). Also the smell is awesome, it smells like vanilla cupcakes! I need the whole colour range in my life!!

on 7/1/2015 6:24:00 PM

I got Always Red 01, and it's pretty much a dupe for Lime Crime's Red Velvet so just save your money and get this one if any of you have an aversion to Lime Crime. It's matte, but not 100% matte like the infamous Ruby Woo, vanilla scented, creamy and quite long-lasting. I would say it's a darker and less vibrant as Ruby Woo. More of a true red leaning blue-toned. Overall a good buy for the price and even better if the color suits you.

on 6/30/2015 8:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These are awesome! The fact that they have a thicker, creamier texture than most liquid lipsticks do (before they dry down, of course) means that they are easier to apply precisely, and don't make as much of a mess. They dry to a beautiful, velvety-looking matte finish. While almost all liquid lipsticks make your lips feel dry, these are slightly less drying than the other brands I own.

Also, if you've been looking for the much-hyped Stila liquid lipstick in Patina (constantly sold out at Sephora and Ulta), the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in #13 Marvelous Mauve is almost an exact dupe!

I'm giving them 4 stars instead of 5 because the longevity isn't quite as good as some other brands (I got maybe 5 hours of wear before some pretty significant fading occurred), and because they aren't completely transfer proof; even after they dry, they can budge/smear a little if you aren't careful.

on 6/30/2015 6:54:00 AM

I love these lip stains , I have always red and m mauve ,great color , texture and longevity definitely purchase more shades soon

on 6/29/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've had my eye on this stuff for quite some time. Word on the street is that it's an excellent dupe for stila's Stay All Day Lip Liquid, at about half the price. So, with my gift card in hand, I made my way down to my local Sephora to try it in True Red (01).

The formula is almost exactly like stila's. The scent is the same and the shade is an almost exact due to Beso. Beso is just a bit deeper but honestly, it's not that noticeable. It's easy to apply, it wears well, and it has definite lasting power. It doesn't dry my lips out, nor does it flake or ball up - all positives in my book!

The shade itself lives up to its name - True Red. It's a blue based red that would work well on any skin tone. I definitely plan on purchasing other shades. I can't see myself shelling out $22 for stila when I can get the same thing for $13 (oh and I believe you get MORE product in the Sephora brand). Definitely will purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Review for Always red 01

I am a huge fan of MAC's ruby woo. the colour is perfect on me but I somehow manage to get it all over my face and I've eaten half the tube in less than a month. I wanted a dupe that would at least not transfer, not necessarily last all day, but just not transfer so I don't have to be paranoid that I have some on my upper lip or chin or forehead (yeah, I don't know how I do it either).

This is not a dupe for Ruby woo as some may suggest, I guess I'm super fussy because I can tell the difference. It just doesn't look as good on my warm skin as RW. AR is a shade deeper and a hint warmer than RW. It's still vibrant, but RW has a lot more POP, neon almost. I'm wearing RW on half my mouth and AR on the other: RW almost looks lighter like it has pink in it compared to AR. Also, although they are both matte RW isn't as "flat(?)" as AR. RW has a powdery finish while AR is just matte. RW actually makes my lips look a little bigger while AR makes them looks thin (Is it all in my head?). AR almost looks like more of a dark brick. AR is totally gorgeous though if you can pull it off and it doesn't transfer (Last factor: good. I did get it off with my plain glycerin soap, no oil needed)

Licking my lips AR feels chalkier but I should really train myself not to lick my lips when I have lipstick on anyway.

In Toronto Sephora came to about $18 CND and MAC came to about $22 CND. So the price diff isn't really a factor. will finish the tube but won't repurchase. I'd rather train myself to wear RW without touching my face if I can't find a better dupe.

Gonna try Maybelline 14hr in ravishing rouge as we don't seem to sell non stop red here in Canada (why? don't canadian girls deserve the same access to products as American girls? Maybe i'll try amazon ).

Ravishing rouge is a pretty lame red. Not vibrant or intensely pigmented as the ads seem to suggest. It`s more of a berry red. Mehh, could do without. HOWEVER....I tried loreal infallible lipstick in infallible red 211. I wrote a review on it.