Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

on 3/11/2015 9:14:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

This thing is the devil. I have it in "Always Red" which is the most beautiful color, deep rich true blood red. I like the feel of this on my lips as it is pretty lightweight and nondrying.

However.

This stuff has NO staying power at all. I don't know how the rest of you are doing it but I absolutely can't eat or drink anything with this on or it smears all over the place. I got so frustrated that I stopped using it for a few months. Today I was lured back into its siren song. ..seriously, that colour...only to be disappointed yet again. I carelessly took a swig of water in class and BAM my friend was like "your lipstick smeared." :( Are you kidding me? What. Anyway, will probably have to toss this unless I want to walk around like a drunk clown...

on 3/11/2015 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my HG I absolutely love this lip stain! It goes on creamy and dries within mins and stays matte all day long! I'm very picky with lip stains because most dry out your lips or make your lips look very chalky but this doesn't. They have great shades I just wish they had more. I always get compliments when I wear these lip stains. My favorite one is called marvelous mauve and it's beautiful!!!! Seriously this buy you won't regret!!! Definitely worth the $13

I'm a huge fan of cream lip stains over lipsticks because they're long-wearing and apply nicely. I decided to try Sephora's Cream Lip Stain in Infinite Rose because I needed a new nude one and it's probably the best lip stain I've ever tried!

It's lightweight, easy to apply, has a bit of sheen, and lasts all day. Most lip stains I have are not moisturizing but this one has avocado oil so it softens your lips a bit. I absolutely love this particular colour and would love to try more. It's $16 CAD which is a little more than I usually spend on makeup products, but every penny is worth it.

on 2/18/2015 10:28:00 PM

People need to talk about these more! They're sooo good. I own the Anastasia Liquid Lips, the Stila Stay All Days, the Hourglass Rouge, and the Kat Von D Everlasting and the Sephora ones are the ones with the BEST formula. The color range's kinda limited (the new colors are super pretty, though) but it's the most comfortable formula for liquid lipsticks out there. I have Marvelous Mauve, Pink Souffle, and Always Red (i've gone through 3 tubes of this already). I'd repurchase forever. 13$ is way cheaper than what I pay for the Stila or Anastasia ones. They wear for a solid 6-7 hours without budging, and actually take touch-ups pretty well. They fade gracefully (unlike the Hourglass ones, which get crumbly and leave the outer rim only after 3 hours).
Possible dupes:
Marvelous Mauve = Stila's Patina
Always Red= Stila's Beso
Pink Souffle= Anastasia's Lovely

on 2/16/2015 6:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I would definitely buy this again but in a different shade. While the bright red (01) looks amazing on most people, I feel like it's way too dramatic for me. It lasts for a long time however it tends to start fading after you eat anything!

on 2/16/2015 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this in "Marvelous Mauve" after seeing it on a social media forum. It's similar to several other long-lasting lip cream formulas, but I prefer this one.

The formula is creamy and doesn't dry my lips out. I apply over a moisturizing lip primer, and let this product set. Once it has set, I apply a gloss over. The result is very natural and excellent for daily day wear.

The shade "Marvelous Mauve" is slightly pinker (warmer?) and more natural than Stila's Patina. I will repurchase this product once I've finished it.

on 2/16/2015 6:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG!
I have the 03 and it's the perfect pink-red lip color! On an everyday basis, I just stain it on my lips and this tube lasts me forever!

on 2/9/2015 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

I have the colors 04 endless purple, 02 beige, 07 dark berry. These are the discontinued shades, but as I understand the formula is the same as the new ones and as the shades that never left. The 04 and 02 are creme formula with a matte finish and 07 is a shimmer shade with a matte finish. What I look for in a lip product is longevity, comfort of wear and opacity. These lip creams give all three. They last for hours, through drinking and light snacking and lots of talking. I teach and its so hard to keep lip color on when I'm constantly talking. My solution is to use one of my sephora cream stains as a base and layer a similar matte lipstick over the top, the combination easily lasts 6 hours. The combination can be drying but I prep my lips every night with the agave lip mask from bite beauty, also, I'll adda little lip balm in the center of my lip (driest area) if I need to. The formula has never flaked on me either. These are winners.

One con: the packaging of my purple one broke, its still usable but the outer cap comes off of the inner car, similar to when you have a square nail polish top and it comes off to reveal the circular one underneath.

on 2/3/2015 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I just got this in the mail today. Got it based on great reviews from different sources.
Bought the color cherry blossom.
Yuck. I don't like anything about it.
I DO believe that it is long lasting.
The color looked exactly as if I rubbed pepto bismol over my lips..same neonish pink that looked dry and very chalky.
I'm sure I could find a shade I like better but I don't want to...too flat and chalky looking.
Will return it.

on 1/25/2015 9:25:00 PM

Bought this one day while I was browsing through Sephora and its my new fave lippy! You get a nice matte finish which I love. I like the application of the product and it can stay on throughout the day with little touch ups when you eat and drink. The price is cheap, would buy again and recommend to anyone. The only problem I have is I wished they had more colors!