Sephora Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

4.4

Isododecane, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polybutene, Petrolatum, Cyclohexasiloxane, Kaolin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Aroma (Flavor), Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Propylene Carbonate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tocopherol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Benzyl Alcohol. May or may not contain (+/-): Mica, CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 15850 (Red 6), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 75470 (Carmine).

on 7/14/2015 4:01:00 AM

have a discontinued shade, a metallic dark berry color. lasts a long time, no need for a liner. good formula. can ball up or flake off if you apply too much.

on 7/11/2015 7:36:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Love, love , love this product! I have the colour Marvellous Mauve. The staying power of the lipstick is seriously incredible. I can drink and eat and never have to worry about getting the lip liner effect from my lipstick. There is no transfer what so ever. I put this on in the morning and that's it no second application, nothing. It just stays there on my lips looking all pretty :). Also the smell is awesome, it smells like vanilla cupcakes! I need the whole colour range in my life!!

on 7/1/2015 6:24:00 PM

I got Always Red 01, and it's pretty much a dupe for Lime Crime's Red Velvet so just save your money and get this one if any of you have an aversion to Lime Crime. It's matte, but not 100% matte like the infamous Ruby Woo, vanilla scented, creamy and quite long-lasting. I would say it's a darker and less vibrant as Ruby Woo. More of a true red leaning blue-toned. Overall a good buy for the price and even better if the color suits you.

on 6/30/2015 8:06:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

These are awesome! The fact that they have a thicker, creamier texture than most liquid lipsticks do (before they dry down, of course) means that they are easier to apply precisely, and don't make as much of a mess. They dry to a beautiful, velvety-looking matte finish. While almost all liquid lipsticks make your lips feel dry, these are slightly less drying than the other brands I own.

Also, if you've been looking for the much-hyped Stila liquid lipstick in Patina (constantly sold out at Sephora and Ulta), the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in #13 Marvelous Mauve is almost an exact dupe!

I'm giving them 4 stars instead of 5 because the longevity isn't quite as good as some other brands (I got maybe 5 hours of wear before some pretty significant fading occurred), and because they aren't completely transfer proof; even after they dry, they can budge/smear a little if you aren't careful.

on 6/30/2015 6:54:00 AM

I love these lip stains , I have always red and m mauve ,great color , texture and longevity definitely purchase more shades soon

on 6/29/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've had my eye on this stuff for quite some time. Word on the street is that it's an excellent dupe for stila's Stay All Day Lip Liquid, at about half the price. So, with my gift card in hand, I made my way down to my local Sephora to try it in True Red (01).

The formula is almost exactly like stila's. The scent is the same and the shade is an almost exact due to Beso. Beso is just a bit deeper but honestly, it's not that noticeable. It's easy to apply, it wears well, and it has definite lasting power. It doesn't dry my lips out, nor does it flake or ball up - all positives in my book!

The shade itself lives up to its name - True Red. It's a blue based red that would work well on any skin tone. I definitely plan on purchasing other shades. I can't see myself shelling out $22 for stila when I can get the same thing for $13 (oh and I believe you get MORE product in the Sephora brand). Definitely will purchase again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Review for Always red 01

I am a huge fan of MAC's ruby woo. the colour is perfect on me but I somehow manage to get it all over my face and I've eaten half the tube in less than a month. I wanted a dupe that would at least not transfer, not necessarily last all day, but just not transfer so I don't have to be paranoid that I have some on my upper lip or chin or forehead (yeah, I don't know how I do it either).

This is not a dupe for Ruby woo as some may suggest, I guess I'm super fussy because I can tell the difference. It just doesn't look as good on my warm skin as RW. AR is a shade deeper and a hint warmer than RW. It's still vibrant, but RW has a lot more POP, neon almost. I'm wearing RW on half my mouth and AR on the other: RW almost looks lighter like it has pink in it compared to AR. Also, although they are both matte RW isn't as "flat(?)" as AR. RW has a powdery finish while AR is just matte. RW actually makes my lips look a little bigger while AR makes them looks thin (Is it all in my head?). AR almost looks like more of a dark brick. AR is totally gorgeous though if you can pull it off and it doesn't transfer (Last factor: good. I did get it off with my plain glycerin soap, no oil needed)

Licking my lips AR feels chalkier but I should really train myself not to lick my lips when I have lipstick on anyway.

In Toronto Sephora came to about $18 CND and MAC came to about $22 CND. So the price diff isn't really a factor. will finish the tube but won't repurchase. I'd rather train myself to wear RW without touching my face if I can't find a better dupe.

Gonna try Maybelline 14hr in ravishing rouge as we don't seem to sell non stop red here in Canada (why? don't canadian girls deserve the same access to products as American girls? Maybe i'll try amazon ).

UPDATE:
Ravishing rouge is a pretty lame red. Not vibrant or intensely pigmented as the ads seem to suggest. It`s more of a berry red. Mehh, could do without. HOWEVER....I tried loreal infallible lipstick in infallible red 211. I wrote a review on it.

on 5/20/2015 9:02:00 AM

After hearing so many great reviews on this product, I was really excited to finally try it. The shade I got was in Marvelous Mauve, quite a Kylie Jenner color if you ask me. It is also a beautiful nude shade for any girl with a deep complexion - so I thought why not to try it?

I really loved the way it applied, quite smooth and effortless. You got to have a steady hand not to go over-board with it, because it sets quite fast. I found that 2-3 min later it was sitting on my lips quite well and felt fantastic. But only at first..

If you generally don't suffer from dry lips, then you will love this lip cream. However I am quite sensitive and what I felt when wearing this product was that my lips were getting quite uncomfortable with every other hour that I wore this. People also say it is a great smudge proof product that doesn't leave a lip print. In my opnion it does and moreover - if you put 3-4 layers on - your lips start getting sticky and gloopy. On a 4-5th hour I would totally remove this from my lips because I just couldn't stand that uber dry feeling anymore. And of course - the day after I would only wear a thick moisturizing balm to kind of restore their normal condition.

Comparing this product to other similar ones on the market - I think this one was the most drying. It also accentuates all the cracks on the lips, so if you have a mature skin - I don't think it will suit you at all.

If you need more thoughts on this product, this beauty review below I find is helpful.

on 5/11/2015 2:51:00 PM

$13 for these and I cannot get enough of them! Seriously, I've tried dozens of long last stains from high-end stores, and drugstores and these are the BEST. They go one smoothly and you can quickly clean up any mistakes before the color sets. It stays on forever...thru eating, coffee, talking, etc. I apply at 6am before leaving my house and the color is still vibrant till lunchtime. I usually reapply midday. The only thing I would caution is do not apply a gloss, lip balm, chapstick or anything on top of this stain - it will smear. I did that once & I looked like the Joker from Batman. Happy lippies here! Highly recommend.

on 4/27/2015 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Sephora has some seriously underrated products. Always Red is my go to red lipstick. After trying on several different ones, including some much more expensive ones, I found that the Sephora one looked the best. It was the most bright red, was super matte, and best of all, it doesn't budge. It can look a little messy if applied without lipliner, but that's true for any red. I love the color on it's own, and if I want something more wine colored, I pair it with a maroon Wet and Wild lipstick, and it looks beautiful and stays on all night.