Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro‐Vitamin B‐5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avocado Oil

on 1/23/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Bought this at Rite Aid, BOGO. I will never buy sulfate free shampoo again. My hair is oily and I have to wash daily so I thought I would try to help it out by trying this. It left it feeling not clean. It's not worth it. I lost just as much color down the drain as I normally do and still had dirty feeling hair. Big, bad, evil sulfate wins the day. Won't buy again.

on 1/10/2015 5:49:00 PM

I absolutely love this shampoo. I have long wavy hair, which is pretty thick due to the amount of hair but actually quite fine in texture, and this works really well for me. It's marketed specifically for Afro hair, but it's fantastic for any type of hair that's prone to dryness and frizz.

The most wonderful thing about this shampoo is the list of ingredients, there are many products that claim to have "natural extracts" etc, but this is the real deal. It contains:
Deionized Water,
Coconut Oil
Shea Butter
Aloe Vera Leaf Juice
Argan Oil
Pro-Vitamin B-5
Rosemary Extract
Sea Kelp Extract
Vitamin E
Guar Gum
Honeysuckle Flower and Japanese Honeysuckle Flower Extract
Avocado Oil
...and that's all! It contains no SLS, which is a known irritant and is found in virtually all shampoos, shower gels and soaps, and it's fantastic for sensitive skin. I have eczema at the back of my neck and it's almost completely cleared up since I started using this.

It also seems to have brought back more of my natural curl and shine, which is probably due to the healthier washing process. Normal shampoo strips your hair of oils and then conditioner coats the hair with waxes to make up for this, which means that the hair doesn't go through it's natural process of producing healthy oils to protect the hair. This shampoo makes your hair look and smell fab and it doesn't strip the oils out, so there's not really a need for the same amount of conditioning. I use a wee bit of conditioner at the ends of my hair (because it's long and finer at the ends, so it tangles a bit) but I use it before the shampoo, and this seems to work much better. It's a much better and healthier way of caring for your hair, you'll notice a difference!

The only problem seems to be getting it here in Scotland, I think to buy it in the US it's about $10, which is about 6 or 7, but it's not available in any shops here, I have to order it online which costs 12, so almost double the price, ouch. I think it's worth every penny though, it's well worth ordering in the UK and for that price in the US, you're getting a bargain!

on 1/10/2015 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

after years of trying the best and most expensive salon products and then more natural organics versions never quite getting the results i wanted ( not to mention aging changes to my hair) intill i tired this! love it! makes my hair feel lightly conditioned and allows me to use a med-lightweight conditioner rather then heavy duty one to make my ends feel softer and smooth but always made my roots greasy and heavy. the smell i adore now but at first remembering it took some getting used to...anyway i wash day and at nighttime and this shampoo keeps the condition of my hair the same not strippped. only wish it came with pump but i copped one from a throw away cleanser bottle so no biggie highly recommend doing that! this line ofter hoes on sale at sallys or walgreen and rite aid for bogofree or boho %50 off or even b2get one free so keep ur eye out! ps got my boyfriend using it even he likes it no conditioning after!

on 1/10/2015 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Never have I had a Shampoo truly be so great. I have course, frizzy, thick, dry hair. I've tried countless shampoos that either don't cleanse enough, never lather, dry my hair out from over cleansing, or tangle my hair. This shampoo does neither of those. It evenly lathers nice, cleanses perfectly once and rinses as soft as a conditioner. After using I noticed my hair become shinier, more manageable and soft! My only con and upsetting is that my when my hair is dry the roots can appear oily from slight heavy build up residue of the product.

on 1/8/2015 10:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have color treated/grey hair. I tried this thinking it would be just what I needed, moisture and sulfate-free. Unfortunately I had to shampoo my hair the next day. It left my hair with a residue and basically dirtier than prior to washing it. I used it again a few times to make sure that the shampoo was the problem and unfortunately it was.

on 12/25/2014 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was really excited for this shampoo because I wanted a sulfate free shampoo for my hair so I got it at target and I have my hair blue so I wash my hair once or twice a week and this shampoo made my hair oily the next after I washed it. It felt like I didn't wash it for months. It was pretty pricy so I was upset that it didn't work out like I hoped.

on 12/10/2014 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I generally hate shampoo because it's makes my hair feel like straw, but I'm in loooove with this! It has an oily texture and doesn't strip my hair at all. This product is so easy to distribute over my scalp and smells heavenly. Highly recommend to those with thirsty hair!

on 11/12/2014 6:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok.. so this shampoo was interesting experience for me.

First time I tried it, I used it with another conditioner and my hair felt so coated with moisture/grease that it felt like I hadn't washed my hair in months. Then I tried it again without conditioner, and was met with still, excessive moisture, but much, much better than before. I did try this product out in the summer though, so it may have a different reaction during the winter or fall.

Who I would recommend this to would be people with extremely dry, brittle and/or with ratty, matted, tangly hair. This would add so much moisture back into your hair.

I've never had any problems with dry hair, I guess my natural hair oils like to flow, so this product wasn't for me. I gave it 3 stars because of the smell and price.

on 9/16/2014 4:12:00 PM

LOOOVE this product. I love that it is organic. My skin has a bad reaction with parabens so when I find an organic shampoo I get so happy! I have fairly relaxed caucasian hard with slight wave to it. I dye my hair a fairly dramatic red color and in a little over a month it hasn't faded more then it usually does. its usually hard for me to find an organic shampoo that doesn't strip my color like crazy! AND THE SMELL. UGH. gurl. GET.IT. for those complaining that it doesn't later: its very similar to a cleansing conditioner. Not alot of lather but the lather you do get is VERY luxurious and rich feeling. this shampoo and the paul mitchell tea tree shampoo will definitely be my favorites for awhile :) I recommend them both. LOVE.

on 8/23/2014 9:02:00 PM

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this after reading about the brand and products. I have curly, relaxed Caucasian hair. Since I also color my hair, I am very careful what I use. I never use drugstore shampoo, but since this is sulfate free and I'd read such glowing reviews, I decided to try it. Unfortunately, I didn't like anything about it.

It did not lather at all and felt like trying to wash with a conditioner. It left a thick coating on my hair that I couldn't rinse out, although I really tried. Once my hair dried, it was crunchy, like I had used too much product in it.

I figured I should give it another try, but the second attempt was the same as the first. It just isn't for me. I didn't care for the scent either.

I really wanted to like this, but I just didn't.

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products