TheBalm Betty-Lou Manizer

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, Ptfe, Silica Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Iron Oxide (Ci75470).

on 5/31/2013 10:22:00 AM

I really like this bronzer. The packaging is SO cute (it was actually what pushed me into buying this product!). I am a bit of a bronzer junkie, I am really fair skinned so I use bronzer to get my glow instead of hitting up the tanning bed or sunbathing. This bronzer definitely strattles the line between luminizer and bronzer. When I use it I do not use a luminizer with it. I like to contour my face with bronzer and I do NOT think that this product is a good contour bronzer. I use a separate more matte bronzer (Dior) to contour, then I apply a blush and then put this on top of the blush to luminize and bronze just my cheeks. It is too shimmery to put anywhere other than my cheeks (I leave it off my nose and forehead). I think this is a great bronzer though and definitely the packaging is so cute that it is worth the money to me!

on 4/10/2013 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always use a bronzer, but when my makeup is too matte, this gets the call and I use it on the high points of my face. Other than that, can't see much use for it since it is far too shimmery for contouring.

on 4/10/2013 5:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I like this a lot. It's a great bronzer and highlighter in one (I prefer glowy bronzers rather than matte bronzers).

PROS:
- I think this looks great on more tanned skin, and it gives me a really healthy sunkissed glow. For reference I'm a NC25.
- The quality of the bronzer is great, and was a lot better than I expected.
- The packaging is cute (just like all TheBalm products).
- The price is reasonable - I got this for AUD$25 with a free mascara.

CONS:
- Might be too dark for lighter skin tones.
- I don't know if I would repurchase because I want to try out other bronzers.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this as a slight highlight on my warm skin.
The product is sooooo rich that all I need is a dab with a fan brush.
I bought it at TJ MAX for 10 bucks!!

on 4/8/2013 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This could definitely be my HG bronzing compact! I am still in school and so I am a drugstore-only type of girl, so the only thing I can envision knocking Betty-Lou off its pedestal would be a venture into much more expensive brands later in life. This bronzer is amazing. It is very finely milled- it goes on so smooth and flawlessly, and the satin finish is incredible. I get compliments on it all the time when I wear it; with my neutral skintone it comes off gorgeously and I'm in love. You could use this product as an all-over bronzer, layered with blush, mixed with foundation, or as a highlighter, depending on your skintone or how you mix up your cheek combinations for the look. The tone of it is quite warm but not orange. The packaging has a cute retro feel, comes with a huge mirror and you get soo much product. 10/10 guys. I love the Mary-Lou also.

UPDATE: I still continue to love this bronzer alongside MAC MSF. It is heavy on the shimmer scale but so fine and blendable that it can be sheered out or built up to suit my wants for that day. Can be used as a highlighter in summer, and is gorgeous on the eyes.

on 3/5/2013 6:12:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

I shall happily hop on the bandwagon- this is a god-send!
I have South Asian NC47-50 skin and this makes a wonderful highlighter. I'm thrilled that there are no pinkish, reddish, or orangeish undertones in the product- it's just a nice 9ct glow (not 18ct because that's too bright) that looks lovely on skin colours with an olive or yellow undertone. I think this might look orange on fair-medium skintones and/or skin with red undertones (as commonly seen in pics on online makeup blogs ).

I'm not sure yet if it's long-lasting or not, as I've only tried it out today a couple of hours before having a shower. I hope it will last fairly long! My only regret is buying another product and passing this off earlier. I'm talking about Nars Orgasm Illuminator- that overly glittery, useless mess! But that's another story...

Update: Wore this for 11 hours today on the tops of my cheeks, and along the centre of my face and it mostly stayed on, so I'm impressed! Also made my almost-high cheekbones pop nicely!

on 2/1/2013 2:42:00 PM

It is nice, I used it more as a blush that a bronzer. I took out a star just because I think there is too much shimmer and I find there better bronzers out there.

on 1/19/2013 11:20:00 AM

I've never tried this brand until I got this bronzer. Its a average sized mirrored compact with a shimmery medium gold bronze pan. The color looks very pretty in the compact, but on my medium olive skin, it looks orange. I think this would look better on a darker skinned gal, but its way too obvious and too sparkly for my taste.

on 10/13/2012 12:14:00 PM

It's. So. Pretty. Haha it really is! I got this on Hautelook since I haven't been as lucky as others to find this at TJ Maxx or Ross. I'm warm toned and on the medium tan side, and this looks so great on my skin. It's a nice golden sheen that isn't glittery, but gives off a nice glow. I don't use this as a bronzer though, it's more like a highlight/blush deal that just gives a pretty glowy color to your face. You could use it as a eyeshadow too. It's not chunky at all, and glides on really smooth. And it's huge! I would buy another, if I ran out...but it will probably last me forever lol.

on 10/8/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

If you want a finely milled, golden-brown highlighter/bronzer in one, you will probably like this. I can see this as being rather dark for fair, fair-medium skin. The shimmer is gentle, not OTT, especially if you use a good brush to apply. The texture is smooth as butter, for a powder, and it melds well with other makeup, rather than looking caked on or powdered. Very easy to build up, should you wish to. It makes a great eyeshadow, too. I love this and it's my new go-to when i wanna look healthily tanned. It replaces blush, highlighter, and eyeshadow on lazy days, and looks nice.

Popular Bronzers