April 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Bronzers - TheBalm - Betty-Lou Manizer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Nirhtuc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I shall happily hop on the bandwagon- this is a god-send!
I have South Asian NC47-50 skin and this makes a wonderful highlighter. I'm thrilled that there are no pinkish, reddish, or orangeish undertones in the product- it's just a nice 9ct glow (not 18ct because that's too bright) that looks lovely on skin colours with an olive or yellow undertone. I think this might look orange on fair-medium skintones and/or skin with red undertones (as commonly seen in pics on online makeup blogs ).

I'm not sure yet if it's long-lasting or not, as I've only tried it out today a couple of hours before having a shower. I hope it will last fairly long! My only regret is buying another product and passing this off earlier. I'm talking about Nars Orgasm Illuminator- that overly glittery, useless mess! But that's another story...

Update: Wore this for 11 hours today on the tops of my cheeks, and along the centre of my face and it mostly stayed on, so I'm impressed! Also made my almost-high cheekbones pop nicely!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 2:42:00 PM More reviews by peronce

It is nice, I used it more as a blush that a bronzer. I took out a star just because I think there is too much shimmer and I find there better bronzers out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 11:20:00 AM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never tried this brand until I got this bronzer. Its a average sized mirrored compact with a shimmery medium gold bronze pan. The color looks very pretty in the compact, but on my medium olive skin, it looks orange. I think this would look better on a darker skinned gal, but its way too obvious and too sparkly for my taste.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by julieejuicee

It's. So. Pretty. Haha it really is! I got this on Hautelook since I haven't been as lucky as others to find this at TJ Maxx or Ross. I'm warm toned and on the medium tan side, and this looks so great on my skin. It's a nice golden sheen that isn't glittery, but gives off a nice glow. I don't use this as a bronzer though, it's more like a highlight/blush deal that just gives a pretty glowy color to your face. You could use it as a eyeshadow too. It's not chunky at all, and glides on really smooth. And it's huge! I would buy another, if I ran out...but it will probably last me forever lol.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

If you want a finely milled, golden-brown highlighter/bronzer in one, you will probably like this. I can see this as being rather dark for fair, fair-medium skin. The shimmer is gentle, not OTT, especially if you use a good brush to apply. The texture is smooth as butter, for a powder, and it melds well with other makeup, rather than looking caked on or powdered. Very easy to build up, should you wish to. It makes a great eyeshadow, too. I love this and it's my new go-to when i wanna look healthily tanned. It replaces blush, highlighter, and eyeshadow on lazy days, and looks nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by RutgersGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

Love this luminizer on my NC42 skin. I have tons and tons of highlighters/luminizers and this one is truly unique. It's a golden, kinda bronzy (but not too bronzy) shade. The shimmer is very fine which I like. You only need a tiny bit to get results. Love this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/24/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by hummiemd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product doesn't work for my medium warm skin tone. Product appears coppery orange, which I find very strange since TheBalm products usually work perfectly with my skin tone. I think this product would work best for those with fair or dark skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by MitchieCatalano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I only use this on my chest area because it's really shimmery and gold based so it doesn't go well with my undertones but on the body is beautiful!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SAA2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this!!
hands down this is the best until now!
I use it as blush, for me it's too dark to use it as a highlighter.
And there's no way I'm gonna use this all over my face.
I love it as a blush, it gives that pretty glow!
And you really don't need too much!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by kristynrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Purchased this in a set at Marshalls. I've only swatched it on my hand so far but it seems to give a nice glow. I think this would be ok for fair skinned people as long as you apply it lightly. In the kit I purchased it comes with a mini brush to help blend it in.