TheBalm Betty-Lou Manizer

Mica, Isoeicosane, Polyethylene, Boron Nitride, Polyisobutene, Ptfe, Silica Synthetic Wax, Dimethicone, Iron Oxide (Ci75470).

Amazing not too sparkly and lasts forever all you need is a dot

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like the highlighter version, there is a ton of product in here. This product has 2 uses for me - use in the eye area as a shadow, or as a bronzer for a bronze sheen on the cheeks. This bronzer plays well with the light as in it gives a flash of bronze rather than a heavy orange look. This is great because I wasn't after a more tan look, just a more sunkissed look. The first time I applied it LIGHTLY on my cheeks I was scared because it looked so metallic. When I blended it in though it looked more like a sunkissed look rather than a clown look. I was pleasantly surprised. You HAVE to be very light handed with this bronzer, I think its going to very easy to overdo and end up looking like the tinman. All in all, its a beautiful goldy leaning bronze bronzer which can be used both as an eyeshadow and a bronzer. If you are after a sunkissed sheen rather than a product to make your face look more tan, this product is for you. I would not repurchase because I cannot imagine ever running out and by the time I run out I will want to try something different :)

I dont know why i even bought this, is so shimmery for a bronzer!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

EEK, finally getting around to writing some reviews about my most loved makeup, this is one I was most excited for. I have been using this for about a month now. I am all about the year round sunkissed, glowing, bronzed look - no matter summer, spring, fall, winter, you name it..it's my fav makeup look to rock. I think its timeless. Anyway, I had been eying this bad boy for quite some time, I own the MaryLouManizer and absolutely love it, but I wanted something with a bronzey tone for the days I'm feeling I want to add an extra pop to my bronzey-godess look ;). This is a golden glow, with bronzey undertones. I am an NC25-30 and it flatters my skintone really well, I'll do the usual all over bronzing, blush on the apples, and this is my last step, I will take a small skunk brush and run this over the apples of my cheeks, over my blush and it pulls the look together SO well. I literally look like I am radiating from within, after I have been in the sun :). SO pretty! This will also last me a lifetime, you need the smallest amount. If you are contemplating buying this - DO IT.

I really like this bronzer. The packaging is SO cute (it was actually what pushed me into buying this product!). I am a bit of a bronzer junkie, I am really fair skinned so I use bronzer to get my glow instead of hitting up the tanning bed or sunbathing. This bronzer definitely strattles the line between luminizer and bronzer. When I use it I do not use a luminizer with it. I like to contour my face with bronzer and I do NOT think that this product is a good contour bronzer. I use a separate more matte bronzer (Dior) to contour, then I apply a blush and then put this on top of the blush to luminize and bronze just my cheeks. It is too shimmery to put anywhere other than my cheeks (I leave it off my nose and forehead). I think this is a great bronzer though and definitely the packaging is so cute that it is worth the money to me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I always use a bronzer, but when my makeup is too matte, this gets the call and I use it on the high points of my face. Other than that, can't see much use for it since it is far too shimmery for contouring.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I like this a lot. It's a great bronzer and highlighter in one (I prefer glowy bronzers rather than matte bronzers).

PROS:
- I think this looks great on more tanned skin, and it gives me a really healthy sunkissed glow. For reference I'm a NC25.
- The quality of the bronzer is great, and was a lot better than I expected.
- The packaging is cute (just like all TheBalm products).
- The price is reasonable - I got this for AUD$25 with a free mascara.

CONS:
- Might be too dark for lighter skin tones.
- I don't know if I would repurchase because I want to try out other bronzers.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love this as a slight highlight on my warm skin.
The product is sooooo rich that all I need is a dab with a fan brush.
I bought it at TJ MAX for 10 bucks!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This could definitely be my HG bronzing compact! I am still in school and so I am a drugstore-only type of girl, so the only thing I can envision knocking Betty-Lou off its pedestal would be a venture into much more expensive brands later in life. This bronzer is amazing. It is very finely milled- it goes on so smooth and flawlessly, and the satin finish is incredible. I get compliments on it all the time when I wear it; with my neutral skintone it comes off gorgeously and I'm in love. You could use this product as an all-over bronzer, layered with blush, mixed with foundation, or as a highlighter, depending on your skintone or how you mix up your cheek combinations for the look. The tone of it is quite warm but not orange. The packaging has a cute retro feel, comes with a huge mirror and you get soo much product. 10/10 guys. I love the Mary-Lou also.

UPDATE: I still continue to love this bronzer alongside MAC MSF. It is heavy on the shimmer scale but so fine and blendable that it can be sheered out or built up to suit my wants for that day. Can be used as a highlighter in summer, and is gorgeous on the eyes.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

I shall happily hop on the bandwagon- this is a god-send!
I have South Asian NC47-50 skin and this makes a wonderful highlighter. I'm thrilled that there are no pinkish, reddish, or orangeish undertones in the product- it's just a nice 9ct glow (not 18ct because that's too bright) that looks lovely on skin colours with an olive or yellow undertone. I think this might look orange on fair-medium skintones and/or skin with red undertones (as commonly seen in pics on online makeup blogs ).

I'm not sure yet if it's long-lasting or not, as I've only tried it out today a couple of hours before having a shower. I hope it will last fairly long! My only regret is buying another product and passing this off earlier. I'm talking about Nars Orgasm Illuminator- that overly glittery, useless mess! But that's another story...

Update: Wore this for 11 hours today on the tops of my cheeks, and along the centre of my face and it mostly stayed on, so I'm impressed! Also made my almost-high cheekbones pop nicely!

Top Rated TheBalm Products