April 17, 2014 | 1925 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Fruity Shine

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Jenniiehsz89

I think that the product is to sheer and shiny for my taste. The smell and application is wonderful but the taste is so artificial. I would recommend only using this product on special occasions or dates, but not for everyday usage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i would suggest the cherry one as i have that and pink guava. the latter has an artificial smell to it. the cherry one is less disturbing and the color is more obvious. its shiny but without visible sparkles.its like watery but not moisturing enough by its own. it has spf 10 ! cherry one is quite flattering on me (dark hair, dark eyes, medium beige skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by mallee

I've always had a problem with lip balms, most of them are always too oily and feel very heavy on lips. This is the first one I use that doesn't feel heavy, has a lovely reddish sheen, and smells wonderful. It's also super affordable and lasts really long. Love! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Ccm05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm finding for a great lip balm that will suit the needs of my lips..
I found Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry, It smells sweet like Strawberry,

Its packaging was easy to twist up and down. It was pretty good.

Its texture glides smoothly onto your lips. It lasts up 3-4 hours. even after eating,its still there,when the lip balm was removed on your lips,it leaves your lips a slight tint of soft red color. Before I sleep, I put it onto my lips, and the next morning, it is silky smooth and has a touch of soft red color!
It has shimmer particles on it so you can build up the color you want.
It has a light,non-sticky texture. It has a sheer coverage and you can build it up like a lipstick. It leaves my lips super moisturized! So far, I will be repurchasing this and try its other flavors :)
It is one of the best lip balms I ever used and its not so expensive as other lip balms.
Hope you enjoy this review!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Zoezarzar

I actually got the pink guava because it was most reviewed and i also ended up getting the strawberry one too. I love these lip balms they smell amazing. I love the little tube they come in, but the only thing i can see going wrong with theses tubes is that if you lose the lid. But i guess that could happen to any lipsticks/balms. The pink guava is a perfect colour for me that i can wear out casually and to school for a nice gloss on my lips. I always get complimented on my lips too. If I had to say anything bad about this product the only thing i could say is that they are a bit too shimmery for me but i can deal with that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 12:14:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in cherry and strawberry. They both smell quite nice. The stick can be easily twisted out and back. The cherry one is a very reddish color with very subtle shimmers where as the strawberry one has this pinkies red shade. On my pigmented lips, the strawberry one seems too sheer and the cherry one just gives me that extra shade and shine.

Both are very nurishing. They are not sticking and leaving ugle color residuels around the edges of my lips. The stick is a bit thick so percise application can be a bit hard. It takes time to get use to it.

Each one has 4.8g of content which can last quite a while. The price is less than $3 here at my local drug store. i can also pair it up with my lip stain or lip gloss to create different looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wrote a seperate review for the pink guava flavour, this one is for the strawberry. This is my ultimate everyday lip gloss, I'm on about my 10th tube - LOVE IT.

The GOOD: lovely colour, smells good, nice shine and shimmer without being glittery or sparkly, smooths and softens. Plus it's super cheap and lasts ages.

The BAD: none, although if you are looking for something to really moisturise this is probably not for you. But for day to day shine and a little moisture this is perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 4:46:00 AM More reviews by chocolatte1

I have the Pink Guava version and the taste is a little sweet - which I like! The smell is really nice, too - like what pink guavas would smell like, I imagine. The packaging allows you to scratch and sniff before purchase just in case you do not like the scent - pretty thoughtful of Nivea!

I love the SPF 15 and how I can combine this with my other lip balms which lack SPF 15. It gives a nice gloss, nothing shimmery and has staying power for up to 2-3 hours. The stick is a bit thick and it took me a while to get the hang of applying it without brushing the skin outside my lips. Colour-wise, it gives a very light pink tinge which makes my lips look naturally healthy.

I'd love to repurchase this in other colours and flavours!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have the Fruity Shine Cherry Lip Care one.
At first I was a little scared to try it because I've seen other reviews on here about people saying it's too red. I think on lighter skin tones it might be too red, but for me it's just right. It's not bright, it's just a sheer red. It just brightens up my whole face.
The only problem is sometimes because of the sparkles it feels a little rough on my lips.
Two weeks after I started using this lip balm, I started getting pimples around my mouth. I think I just have sensitive skin. I'm going to retry the lip balm and see if it irritates the skin around my mouth again.

Update: This lip balm has been giving me pimples around my mouth. I think I may be allergic to something in this formula. Definitely not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2011 12:17:00 AM More reviews by sthom87

Finally the hunt for a red tinted lip balm is over! It was so much harder than you'd think it was. It was only $3.99 and I was prepared to pay significantly more than that if I found one. I didn't want a sticky gloss and for the day time red lipstick isn't always appropriate. This fulfils both of those criteria. I wouldn't mind it being the pigment being a tad stronger, but for $3.99, I'm not all that fussed!