Nivea Fruity Shine

3.8

on 5/12/2013 7:01:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Only reason I give 4 stars and not 5: This isn't really a lip balm. My lips got dry this winter, although I was using this product every day couple times a day, they still got dry, and I could still peel off the dead skin off my chapped lips (they stayed that dry.)

Now the pros: I LOVE the scent, feel, look, and color of Fruity Shine Cherry. It gives a great red-ish color. For someone who has a pale skin like me, red can look like an overly bold color to wear during the day. This red isn't that bold, it looks pretty natural in the sun light. The shiny part is at a level that it doesn't scream, "I'm wearing lip gloss!" but it still shines and even gives a little volume to lips via the shine factor. The lines on my lips also look pretty less than it normally is. Unlike lip glosses, this isn't sticky, which is a big plus.

Bottle is also great. I like the fact that it is so small, I can just put it in my jean pocket when I'm walking my dog without carrying a bag.

I recommend.

on 3/7/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have it in Cherry and it is my favourite tinted lip balm!

It provides a nice wash of colour to my lips. It looks really natural and the colour is buildable. The cherry smell is pretty strong but it does not bother me as it goes away soon after application.

I'm quite satisfied with its staying power, and it lasts for a fairly long time (not taking into account drinking and eating).

It is not super moisturising but does a decent job. Applies really smoothly and is non sticky.

Definitely a steal at its price!

on 2/3/2013 8:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this in the cherry flavour, while in India. Couldn't decide between the pink guava, raspberry and the cherry tint, lol!
This is more of a lip tint than a lip-balm. It does not seem to have any soothing effect for the lips,nor does it protect from cold sores, chapping or scaliness.
It gives an attractive color+sheen to the lips and spf protection - or so it claims.

The long list of ingredients is not a likable aspect for me. Also, after applying this tinted balm, my lips feel drier!
Overall, a 3.5/5.

on 1/18/2013 12:40:00 PM

I've been using this product for 5 years now and i have it in strawberry flavor. I've tried the cherry but it's too red for me. I love this and I can't go to work without it. I think im addicted to it. Seriously! :) so that's why i need to make this review. What i love about this is the color and shine. It gives a natural red lip look with a sexy shine without overdoing it, not too glossy.. The scent is ok, taste fine. And for 5 years I never experienced any cracks or dryness on my lip. The shine doesnt last that long but the color stays unless you eat and drink. But I dont care, I can always touch up. I just love how it make my lips red naturally :) I hope nivea wont get rid of this. Very nice product! definitely would always repurchase! :)

on 12/23/2012 2:37:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

You can't go wrong with a nivea lip product in my opinion as they're all really moisturizing and feel good on your lips. With that said, this balm is colored a dark red color similar to the packaging, but when you put it on your lips, the color is so sheer it's hardly noticeable. It almost might as well be a clear lip balm because the color hardly does anything. I have tried the non-colored ones by nivea so when I tried this, I was looking forward to the color showing up on my lips so I was disappointed. It smells like a nice subtle cherry scent. The actual balm is fine but I might just go back to the other ones by nivea because there's nothing special about this one that makes it better than the other ones.

on 11/27/2012 5:54:00 AM

I have this in cherry, it has a deep red color with shimmer, but the color is really sheer, and the shimmer doesnt show up, everytime i wear it my lips look healty and it's brighten up my look. I love this stuff, non sticky, moisturizing, non greasy, smeel and taste amazing, SUPER cheap, nice packaging. On day, I put a sheer layer of this, moisturize my lips in an air conditioner room, on night I put a really thick layer of this and on the morning I peel of the dead skin, lips look beautiful and healthy. must buy product.

on 10/12/2012 8:56:00 PM

i own the strawberry and the guava flavours and i adore them. they smell great, give a subtle tint and moisturize well. i have repurchased and will continue to do so. the price is great!

on 10/12/2012 8:53:00 PM

I think that the product is to sheer and shiny for my taste. The smell and application is wonderful but the taste is so artificial. I would recommend only using this product on special occasions or dates, but not for everyday usage.

on 9/1/2012 7:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i would suggest the cherry one as i have that and pink guava. the latter has an artificial smell to it. the cherry one is less disturbing and the color is more obvious. its shiny but without visible sparkles.its like watery but not moisturing enough by its own. it has spf 10 ! cherry one is quite flattering on me (dark hair, dark eyes, medium beige skin).

on 8/1/2012 3:31:00 AM

I've always had a problem with lip balms, most of them are always too oily and feel very heavy on lips. This is the first one I use that doesn't feel heavy, has a lovely reddish sheen, and smells wonderful. It's also super affordable and lasts really long. Love! <3

Popular Lip Treatments