October 21, 2014 | 865 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Fruity Shine

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Kalya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the cherry flavour, while in India. Couldn't decide between the pink guava, raspberry and the cherry tint, lol!
This is more of a lip tint than a lip-balm. It does not seem to have any soothing effect for the lips,nor does it protect from cold sores, chapping or scaliness.
It gives an attractive color+sheen to the lips and spf protection - or so it claims.

The long list of ingredients is not a likable aspect for me. Also, after applying this tinted balm, my lips feel drier!
Overall, a 3.5/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by maemae13

I've been using this product for 5 years now and i have it in strawberry flavor. I've tried the cherry but it's too red for me. I love this and I can't go to work without it. I think im addicted to it. Seriously! :) so that's why i need to make this review. What i love about this is the color and shine. It gives a natural red lip look with a sexy shine without overdoing it, not too glossy.. The scent is ok, taste fine. And for 5 years I never experienced any cracks or dryness on my lip. The shine doesnt last that long but the color stays unless you eat and drink. But I dont care, I can always touch up. I just love how it make my lips red naturally :) I hope nivea wont get rid of this. Very nice product! definitely would always repurchase! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

You can't go wrong with a nivea lip product in my opinion as they're all really moisturizing and feel good on your lips. With that said, this balm is colored a dark red color similar to the packaging, but when you put it on your lips, the color is so sheer it's hardly noticeable. It almost might as well be a clear lip balm because the color hardly does anything. I have tried the non-colored ones by nivea so when I tried this, I was looking forward to the color showing up on my lips so I was disappointed. It smells like a nice subtle cherry scent. The actual balm is fine but I might just go back to the other ones by nivea because there's nothing special about this one that makes it better than the other ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 5:54:00 AM More reviews by clarissaaa

I have this in cherry, it has a deep red color with shimmer, but the color is really sheer, and the shimmer doesnt show up, everytime i wear it my lips look healty and it's brighten up my look. I love this stuff, non sticky, moisturizing, non greasy, smeel and taste amazing, SUPER cheap, nice packaging. On day, I put a sheer layer of this, moisturize my lips in an air conditioner room, on night I put a really thick layer of this and on the morning I peel of the dead skin, lips look beautiful and healthy. must buy product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by shamima

i own the strawberry and the guava flavours and i adore them. they smell great, give a subtle tint and moisturize well. i have repurchased and will continue to do so. the price is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Jenniiehsz89

I think that the product is to sheer and shiny for my taste. The smell and application is wonderful but the taste is so artificial. I would recommend only using this product on special occasions or dates, but not for everyday usage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by nesslee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i would suggest the cherry one as i have that and pink guava. the latter has an artificial smell to it. the cherry one is less disturbing and the color is more obvious. its shiny but without visible sparkles.its like watery but not moisturing enough by its own. it has spf 10 ! cherry one is quite flattering on me (dark hair, dark eyes, medium beige skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by mallee

I've always had a problem with lip balms, most of them are always too oily and feel very heavy on lips. This is the first one I use that doesn't feel heavy, has a lovely reddish sheen, and smells wonderful. It's also super affordable and lasts really long. Love! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2012 6:37:00 AM More reviews by Ccm05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm finding for a great lip balm that will suit the needs of my lips..
I found Nivea Fruity Shine in Strawberry, It smells sweet like Strawberry,

Its packaging was easy to twist up and down. It was pretty good.

Its texture glides smoothly onto your lips. It lasts up 3-4 hours. even after eating,its still there,when the lip balm was removed on your lips,it leaves your lips a slight tint of soft red color. Before I sleep, I put it onto my lips, and the next morning, it is silky smooth and has a touch of soft red color!
It has shimmer particles on it so you can build up the color you want.
It has a light,non-sticky texture. It has a sheer coverage and you can build it up like a lipstick. It leaves my lips super moisturized! So far, I will be repurchasing this and try its other flavors :)
It is one of the best lip balms I ever used and its not so expensive as other lip balms.
Hope you enjoy this review!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2012 5:01:00 AM More reviews by Zoezarzar

I actually got the pink guava because it was most reviewed and i also ended up getting the strawberry one too. I love these lip balms they smell amazing. I love the little tube they come in, but the only thing i can see going wrong with theses tubes is that if you lose the lid. But i guess that could happen to any lipsticks/balms. The pink guava is a perfect colour for me that i can wear out casually and to school for a nice gloss on my lips. I always get complimented on my lips too. If I had to say anything bad about this product the only thing i could say is that they are a bit too shimmery for me but i can deal with that.