Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 3/9/2015 3:18:00 AM

My HD foundation for everyday! It's one of the only foundations that I've repurchased multiple times and will continue to repurchase. First off, the texture is amazing- it's really different from any other foundation I've tried (I've tried a lot and a lot of them feel heavy on the skin for me). The texture is gel-like so when you apply it, it feels really fresh and light going on the skin. I have combination, acne-prone and super sensitive skin and I've never had a problem with breakouts with this foundation. If anything, my skin's texture looks and feels better after I apply it (I think the vitamins in the ingredients have something to do with it).

I'd say it's medium coverage but you can build it in thin layers up to full coverage. I love how it feels super weightless and soothing on the skin (almost like a gel moisturizer) but gives really good coverage. The first time I used it I was surprised at how little concealer I needed after! The finish leaves your skin looking really fresh and healthy- kind of in between dewy and matte. I usually set my makeup with a light dusting of powder just to keep shine at bay. It's amazing to use on days where you're looking tired because it really makes your skin look glowing.

The scent is also amazing- it's mild but really refreshing (it's almost a fruity scent but not overpowering at all). Side note on the scent- if you're feeling tired in the morning, it's a good pick-me-up when you're applying your makeup. Packaging is also super light and convenient and the little nozzle dispenses just the right amount. Overall, LOVE this foundation and will continue to repurchase.

on 3/6/2015 11:37:00 AM

I can't describe how happy I am. It was a spontaneous decision to buy it, but I believe it was faith:
1. Color: Number 52 Vanilla is just the perfect colour for me. It's funny because it worked on all of my friends too. I think it would be a NC 15-20. I don't really like the MAC foundations because the colour looks so fake. This colour actually looks like a realistic skin colour. It's neutral to yellow toned.
2. Fragrance: It may seem as a strong fruity fragrance when you smell it, but after you apply it on the face it disappears. I asked my sister to smell my face to be sure (i know, creepy) and she said she can't smell anything at all.
3. Stayping power: I have dry to normal skin with oily T-zone. I got home after 9 hours and it was still looking amazing. (i used powder for my t-zone)
4. Finish: It's a slightly dewy finish, but it doesn't look fake or glittery. It literally looks like healthy glowing skin.
5. Coverage: I would say a light to medium coverage because it's definitely buildable. I love that it doesn't cake at all.
6. Other: It looks really natural, but it covers imperfections quite well. If you touch your face you can't even feel like you've got foundation on, it feels like your skin. Also, I have sensitive acne-prone skin with redness problems and it didn't break me out or irritate me.

I am pretty sure I found my perfect foundation and it isn't pricey at all.

on 3/5/2015 2:51:00 PM

Firstly I adore this foundation, if you have dry skin then this is the foundation for you! That is a bold statement but as someone who has bought and tried more foundations than I care to admit I think this far outstrips some of the higher end foundations I have tried. If you have oily skin I would steer clear of this but for those on the drier side it is perfection.

The consistency is gel like and reasonably thin. I think this applies best with a damp beauty blender but you could use a brush if you preferred. This is one of the few foundations that doesnt suck all of the moisture out of my skin and gives a nice finish.

The coverage is fairly sheer so you can achieve a nice natural look (you could possibly build this to almost medium with several layers). The only downside is its lasting power but in all honesty if you require a moisturising foundation I think you have to forgo longevity. With a primer and light powder this usually lasts up around 5-6 hours (ish).

on 3/5/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Let me just start with saying that i almost never write reviews. I will do this only when I am very very impressed and with this foundation I can really say so.

I have very dry skin and I have tried several foundations until I found this one. My god, this thing is amazing. It makes my skin glow (not in a greasy way), lasts all day and actually feels comfortable on my skin. I am from Northern Europe and my skin is very fair, especially during winter and their colours 51 and 52 (I am mac NC15) suit me perfectly, even when I am not tanned. I have also very acne prone skin, which means most of the foundations make some spots appear here and there, but I had never any problems with this foundation It actually cleared my skin up! I am using this with the primer and set everything with healthy mix powder (which is also amazing!) I recommend this product highly. It is better than MOST high end foundations and it is not that expensive either. I live currently in Belgium and i got it with 13.99 Euros, which is cheap. Love the smell of this foundation as well, SO FRUITY!

I hope this will never ever get discontinued!!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was looking for something a little bit lighter in texture and coverage for the colder months and purchased this on a whim. No regrets! This stuff gives a light-medium coverage, but is definitely buildable. Upon initial application it looks like a second skin, really natural and polished. Once my oils peek through throughout the day, I'm left with a really nice and healthy lit-from-within glow. I tend to have an oily t-zone but with primer and powder, I'll only feel the need to blot at around the 5hr mark. For application I use a damp sponge (RT) and find that this achieves a more natural and dewy finish. Even when paired with a brush, this foundation applies smoothly and effortlessly without setting too quickly as you work it in. My new go to winter foundation!

on 3/1/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this after hearing fave reviews about the product, however it really did not suit me at all! I was unable to get any samples so took the plunge and got a full sized bottle, at a cost of £10.99 its the higher end of the drugstore price scale for foundation. I found that whilst the appearance of the foundation on your skin was good it didn't have any staying out and after using it for a couple of days I broke out. I would strongly advise you get a sample before purchasing!

I've used dior and clinique and many others but this is the BEST. Its light and feels as though your face hasn't got any foundation on but...wow, it makes skin look super radiant and I've got very sensitive skin with a slight pinky tone. I am using No 52 which is light enough for winter, spring and in early summer, I'll switch to a slightly warmer shade. An amazing product, made by the same company that make Chanel.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation, I use 52 in the winter and 53 in the summer. I works really well for my dry skin - my skin usually sucks the moister out of foundations within a couple of hours, but with Healthy Mix Serum it doesn't happen. The only con is that it doesn't last for as long as it promises. I'd say 4-5 hours before you need a touch up. But great value and smells fantastic. When ever I run out, I buy a new one.

on 2/23/2015 9:45:00 PM

My go-to foundation for winter, for when my skin is dry. This caught my attention for its gel serum formula smells wonderful, coverage is light and very bendable i apply this with a beauty blender sponge, so if you need extra coverage you can use a concealer. this also reduces my problematic redness areas , around my nose and my cheeks. This can be purchased at Asos when its not out of stock. the bottle is very slim comes with a pump which is always a plus.

on 2/23/2015 11:49:00 AM

OMG! Where do I start! So I googled some swatches as I am an nc30 and the shade that repeatedly kept coming up was shade 53. I bought it however it looked slightly ashy. Anyway, the foundation is amazing! It gives a nice glowy finish without looking oily. Id say the coverage is light to medium however it is buildable. I have a few acne scars on my jaw and it doesn't cover them too well with just one layer of foundation. I have to say this is my favourite foundation by far! I have had Nars sheer glow which i didn't think was glowy at all! I absolutely love this foundation. I set it with Mac mineralize skin finish in medium plus and the finish is uhhhhhh amazing! It does not look cakey what so ever! I would highly recommend this product to everyone! Im not too sure how it would sit for extremely oily skin, which I used to have but thanks to roaccutane i no longer do! But seriously if you are looking for a foundation that is glowy and looks amazing then buy this one! If you want that extra flawless skin then top it of with Mac mineralize skin finish and you won't regret it!