Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

If you have already good skin with very few blemishes and no dry patches, this foundation will look great on you. However, even if you have the smallest dry patch this foundation will cling and accentuate it; to the point where you have to wash it off and start over. This is the same if you have larger pores or blemishes, as it will just draw more attention to these areas then hide them

on 6/26/2015 10:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I actually love this foundation. My HG is the Healthy Mix, but lately I've found it wasn't lasting on my skin as well as it used to, and I think it's because my skin has dried out a bit. Read the serum formula was better for dry skin so I picked it up. I should have bought it off ASOS for NZ$22 but I didn't want to wait 2 weeks for it to get to me so I got it from Farmers for NZ$40... the price is ridiculous and I will be buying online next time. Anyhow, when I first tried it on my skin it looked like it just disappeared, barely any coverage but it did make my skin tone even. I applied another layer and it didn't cake up at all, it just gave a bit more coverage and still looked nice and dewy and fresh. It lasted ALL day and didn't break up or fade off. I like this for every day makeup too, 1 layer is good for every day use. Very happy!

on 6/18/2015 3:34:00 PM

Perfect Foundation for me. Highly recommend it if you have dry skin like I do. It provides a lovely light and natural coverage which is exactly what i was looking for.

on 6/10/2015 4:03:00 PM

I LOVE THIS, I use it most days. Melts into my skin like butter. Can't live without it. Although it could be less expensive, I mean 11 pound wtf? I still need to eat.

on 6/9/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Been using this for the past 3 weeks off and on, it is a good "Ready to go" base if you want light coverage and like the 'all in one' type of product. I can apply quickly and be out the door with a touch of lipstick or mascara in minutes flat. Looks great, nice and dewy but holds on to the skin. For dry pals, this is a great formula but of course be sure to moisturize beforehand. Smells a bit too fruity for me and was worried it would break me out but so far, so good. Not much of a "long wear" formula, ie, you will need to touch up throughout the day.

on 6/7/2015 11:11:00 PM

The formula of this serum foundation is a gel-like texture that glides over dry patches and blends into the skin easily for an even, natural, glowy finish. I have dehydrated, somewhat dry skin and sometimes suffer from acne. Unfortunately, my skin tends to be overly dry or even peeling in areas after frequently treating spots on my face with acne medication. During these days, my skin really needs a foundation that is hydrating and doesn’t cling onto dry patches. It’s the worst when you’re not only having a terrible skin day, but your foundation accentuates the problematic areas of your skin. This is the perfect foundation for me on those types of days. It gives a light-medium, dewy coverage, covers up most of my redness and freckles (which I prefer), makes my skin look even and fresh, all while covering my problem areas and bringing radiance to my less than perfect skin. The finish of this foundation reminds me a lot of Nars Sheer Glow, but with a bit less coverage. As far as wear goes, I don’t find that my skin gets too oily throughout the day while wearing this. If I am able to powder about 5-6 hours in, I do, and it looks flawless again. However, I’ve worn this for 12+ hours without any re-powdering or touch-ups and my skin still looks pretty damn good by the end of the night. I find that after many hours of wear it can tend to rub off a bit along my jaw line where I touch my face the most as well as crease and become oily around the edges of my nose… but that’s to be expected with just about any foundation.

on 6/3/2015 3:23:00 PM

I have the 2nd lightest shade because the lightest one is not sold in my country, it matches me ok, it's not 100% perfect, but I never really find my exact match in the drugstore either. The coverage is nice and the formula is alright, kind of like a gel. I use a moisturizer + moisturizing primer with it and I had no problems with it sitting on my dry patches or breaking me out. Every review on youtube said that it has great coverage, like medium coverage, it does not, it's very light, it will cover redness and even out your skintone and make you look put together, but forget about covering acne scars. It does not last 16 hours as it claims on the bottle, I would say after 5 hours I see it fading away in a giraffe kind of way leaving random patches of foundation all over my face. Also I don't love the smell
Pros:
Pump
Yellow toned unlike most drugstore foundations
Affordable
Looks nice for about 5 hours

Cons:
Light coverage
Doesn't last 16 hours as claimed
Has the giraffe effect after them 5 hours

on 6/3/2015 7:08:00 AM

I have this product in the lightest shade. I saw some raving reviews about it, so I figured I would try it out to see how it works. The color was okay, but was actually a bit darker than I expected, which meant I had to blend it in more. The finish was a bit dewy, but actually it looked a bit oily during the day as opposed to glowy. This is a relatively inexpensive product, so I am happy to have tried it, but I would not repurchase it.

on 6/3/2015 7:01:00 AM

This foundation is great for a drugstore product and I actually enjoy using it a lot more than I first thought I would, as I'm often quite sceptical of how my skin will get on with drugstore foundations. However, it is just that - a drugstore foundation. I don't think it's anything completely amazing and from what I've seen on the shelves and online, the shade range doesn't look too great for people with deeper skin tones. I do like it though and it's very, very good for the price.

I use the shade 51 (Light Vanilla) and, although I lean more towards lightweight foundations, I think it is buildable for people who want more coverage.

on 5/31/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I couldn't wait to try out this foundation based on all of the positive reviews; and for the first 3 days of using it I was truly an airbrushed vision! I thought I had found my HG and at a third of the price of my usual Jane Iredales Liquid Minerals; and I was over the moon! Well, the amazing skin dream was shattered when on day 4 flakes started to appear, my face felt tight and my foundation started cracking and looking awful. It felt irritated and I looked like I had aged several years. I checked the ingredients (why did I not do this before purchasing?) and noticed 2 nasty culprits in the list. Sodim Chloride (er - that's salt, which would be dehydrating surely?) and alcohol denat - which is properly damaging to the skin's barrier. Shame on you Bourjois!!!

On further Googling into the effects of alcohol denat, Paula's Choice had the following to say: "The research is clear: Alcohol harms your skin's protective barrier, triggers free-radical damage, makes oily skin and redness worse, and is best described as "pro-aging." Why bother, given the damaging effects of topical alcohol and the hundreds of skin-friendly alternatives available?"

The website describes alcohol denat as the "handsome bad boy" of ingredients; at first giving a pleasant aesthetic to the product, while slowly stripping away your youth. Paula's Choice is a well respected site and I trust the information. I have been applying manuka masks daily now for a week; and my skin is still crazy-dry; although better than it was. It is fair to say that I have a sensitive skin; but there is no doubt that this is no "Healthy Skin" Serum foundation.