Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 6/7/2015 11:11:00 PM

The formula of this serum foundation is a gel-like texture that glides over dry patches and blends into the skin easily for an even, natural, glowy finish. I have dehydrated, somewhat dry skin and sometimes suffer from acne. Unfortunately, my skin tends to be overly dry or even peeling in areas after frequently treating spots on my face with acne medication. During these days, my skin really needs a foundation that is hydrating and doesn’t cling onto dry patches. It’s the worst when you’re not only having a terrible skin day, but your foundation accentuates the problematic areas of your skin. This is the perfect foundation for me on those types of days. It gives a light-medium, dewy coverage, covers up most of my redness and freckles (which I prefer), makes my skin look even and fresh, all while covering my problem areas and bringing radiance to my less than perfect skin. The finish of this foundation reminds me a lot of Nars Sheer Glow, but with a bit less coverage. As far as wear goes, I don’t find that my skin gets too oily throughout the day while wearing this. If I am able to powder about 5-6 hours in, I do, and it looks flawless again. However, I’ve worn this for 12+ hours without any re-powdering or touch-ups and my skin still looks pretty damn good by the end of the night. I find that after many hours of wear it can tend to rub off a bit along my jaw line where I touch my face the most as well as crease and become oily around the edges of my nose… but that’s to be expected with just about any foundation.

on 6/3/2015 3:23:00 PM

I have the 2nd lightest shade because the lightest one is not sold in my country, it matches me ok, it's not 100% perfect, but I never really find my exact match in the drugstore either. The coverage is nice and the formula is alright, kind of like a gel. I use a moisturizer + moisturizing primer with it and I had no problems with it sitting on my dry patches or breaking me out. Every review on youtube said that it has great coverage, like medium coverage, it does not, it's very light, it will cover redness and even out your skintone and make you look put together, but forget about covering acne scars. It does not last 16 hours as it claims on the bottle, I would say after 5 hours I see it fading away in a giraffe kind of way leaving random patches of foundation all over my face. Also I don't love the smell
Pros:
Pump
Yellow toned unlike most drugstore foundations
Affordable
Looks nice for about 5 hours

Cons:
Light coverage
Doesn't last 16 hours as claimed
Has the giraffe effect after them 5 hours

on 6/3/2015 7:08:00 AM

I have this product in the lightest shade. I saw some raving reviews about it, so I figured I would try it out to see how it works. The color was okay, but was actually a bit darker than I expected, which meant I had to blend it in more. The finish was a bit dewy, but actually it looked a bit oily during the day as opposed to glowy. This is a relatively inexpensive product, so I am happy to have tried it, but I would not repurchase it.

on 6/3/2015 7:01:00 AM

This foundation is great for a drugstore product and I actually enjoy using it a lot more than I first thought I would, as I'm often quite sceptical of how my skin will get on with drugstore foundations. However, it is just that - a drugstore foundation. I don't think it's anything completely amazing and from what I've seen on the shelves and online, the shade range doesn't look too great for people with deeper skin tones. I do like it though and it's very, very good for the price.

I use the shade 51 (Light Vanilla) and, although I lean more towards lightweight foundations, I think it is buildable for people who want more coverage.

on 5/31/2015 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I couldn't wait to try out this foundation based on all of the positive reviews; and for the first 3 days of using it I was truly an airbrushed vision! I thought I had found my HG and at a third of the price of my usual Jane Iredales Liquid Minerals; and I was over the moon! Well, the amazing skin dream was shattered when on day 4 flakes started to appear, my face felt tight and my foundation started cracking and looking awful. It felt irritated and I looked like I had aged several years. I checked the ingredients (why did I not do this before purchasing?) and noticed 2 nasty culprits in the list. Sodim Chloride (er - that's salt, which would be dehydrating surely?) and alcohol denat - which is properly damaging to the skin's barrier. Shame on you Bourjois!!!

On further Googling into the effects of alcohol denat, Paula's Choice had the following to say: "The research is clear: Alcohol harms your skin's protective barrier, triggers free-radical damage, makes oily skin and redness worse, and is best described as "pro-aging." Why bother, given the damaging effects of topical alcohol and the hundreds of skin-friendly alternatives available?"

The website describes alcohol denat as the "handsome bad boy" of ingredients; at first giving a pleasant aesthetic to the product, while slowly stripping away your youth. Paula's Choice is a well respected site and I trust the information. I have been applying manuka masks daily now for a week; and my skin is still crazy-dry; although better than it was. It is fair to say that I have a sensitive skin; but there is no doubt that this is no "Healthy Skin" Serum foundation.

on 5/29/2015 5:35:00 AM

My biggest priority when purchasing foundation is making sure it has a nice yellow undertone, to suit my asian skin. Although my skin shade was leaning more towards a 53, just from reading reviews, I found that 52 was described as having a very nice yellow undertone to it, whereas 53 was seen more neutral. I have struggled with many foundations looking very pink/orange in the sunlight so I didn't want to take a chance.

I was right in the fact that 52 was too light for my skin, but nearing winter, I decided to keep using it and just warming it up with a bronzer. Luckily, the foundation does oxidise!! to a darker shade, not orange and works a lot closer to my skin colour (still a tad too light). I am contemplating purchasing another one in a shade 53 or 54, after I try out another foundation that I am also very interested in. Anyways, another con would be that it streaks horribly!! Applying this foundation is a nightmare, building it would be very tricky!! Will try with a sponge tho, but with a brush there are terrible brush streaks all over my face that I had to smooth out with my fingers (which i hate using). Also, I find it does come off a little bit on my nose, or where ever there is oil, but thats after 9 hrs which is expected! And it does sink into dry spots! So please moisturise properly :)

Pros: Complimented on my face being 'flawless' despite having major breakouts all over my forehead. Really light, does not feel heavy! Good scent!! I get an oily T-zone and found even blotting that area, my foundation did come off a little bit.

Overall, if using a sponge makes this foundation more buildable (will keep you updated) and I don't find my HG with the foundation I am now looking to purchase, will buy another in a darker shade!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation i love the smell, the texture and price however i think its causing me to have bumps under my skin. I always thought it was my skincare routine which needed changing and i changed my foundation my bumps went?

Pros:
-Smells fruity
-Texture is moisturising
-Price

Cons:
-Didnt cover dry patches
-Caused bumpS under my skin
-Palest shade is too yellow for me/not a good colour selection

on 5/19/2015 7:37:00 PM

This product has its ups and downs. I love the packaging, especially the pump. The actual product matches my skin tone pretty well, but the actual foundation has close to no coverage over the occasional pimple, I've noticed that after a couple hours it slowly fades away to the point where there are random foundation spots of your face.

on 5/15/2015 10:37:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

got shade 53 which is a good match for my skin. it has nice texture and dewy finish.

on 5/11/2015 12:09:00 AM

This smells beautiful and is light coverage foundation that doesnt last long, but the finish is dewy and pretty. Good for people with skin that has no problems or few flaws, will not cover anything.