Urban Decay Cannonball

4.1

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Isododecane, Polyethlene, Dextrin Palmitate, Microcrystalline Wax, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Dimethicone, Rayon, Nylon-66, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Phenoxyethanol, Aqua (Water), Tocopherol. May Contain: CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

amj

on 11/2/2014 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This left me with dark spots under my eyes by mid day. It was hard to remove as well. I will be returning it, for the cost it just isn't worth it.

on 10/17/2014 1:07:00 PM

As per reviews, I purchased this for my trip to Mexico in a few weeks but couldn't resist trying it early so I will have to update after the trip re: waterproof claim.
Presently, the brush gets down to the root and separates really well, easy to build up, no spider lashes or clumps (Biggest pet peeve), emphasizes length really well. Adding another coat adds volume but not extreme, I add another mascara if I really want extra oomphe. Holds curl.
Usually I put a light coat on in the morning, run errands, go to the gym, then add a couple more coats before I do the night shift and it really stands up. Takes a little patience with removal but pretty typical for waterproof mascaras and if anything, further leads me to believe it will stand up to the beach.

on 7/22/2014 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Easily my HG mascara. The waterproof formula really holds a curl and it doesn't budge at all. I have oily eyelids and other mascaras would end up underneath my eyes, but Cannonball stays put! It's the only mascara that truly makes my lashes longer and more dolly. I knocked off one lippie, however, because the lengthening fibers are a little irritating if it gets in my eyes and also clumps my lashes if I accidentally put on too much.

on 7/13/2014 3:33:00 PM

I had committed to the Kiss Me Heroine Make mascaras from Japan as my HG, specifically Long and Curl which seemed to be the only thing that would hold curl on my straight Asian lashes having tried many drugstore and a few higher end mascaras. I had wonderful results with it -- however, it is hard for me to find without ordering it online. Based on reviews online, I decided to try Cannonball. I am happy to report that the performance, for me, is very similar to Long and Curl -- lengthening and holds my curled lashes in place. In a pinch, I will be purchasing UD Cannonball if I don't have access to Heroine Make. I do prefer curved lash wands, which make it easier to get all my lashes coated in fewer strokes, but this will do. It's so hard to find Asian-friendly mascaras out there, and this, luckily, is one such mascara.

on 6/24/2014 2:42:00 PM

Ugh, I am so mad I tried this...I really didn't want to like this. But, oooooh, I do. This mascara delivers similar type lashes as L'oreal Telscopic but more volume. So plenty of length and also some volume. (Enough volume to satisfy this drama lash loving reviewer though...I am usually a LashBlast Volume girl) Now the lash it produces is nice, but not alone worth the $20 price tag. What makes the $20 acceptable for me is the pretty,dramatic lash combined with the best, most waterproof mascara I have ever tried (and check out my reviews, I have tried a lot). I like this better than even the Blinc mascaras in regards to durability. Cannonball provides more drama than either Blinc mascara. But it is the best wp mascara. I showered in this stuff and it was still not budging! Yet it easily washed off with my MAC Cleanse Off Oil. I was amazed. Needless to say I will be using this all summer and trying to fight the urge to keep buying this the rest of the year.

on 6/19/2014 2:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this for a summer music festival because it was supposed to be a great waterproof mascara. Turns out that I like it a lot more than I thought I would! This mascara is very waterproof and does not smudge or transfer under the eyes. It also gives great length and volume with the classically shaped brush. It reminds me of Jordana best lash extreme volume, as a waterproof version. I don't normally buy mascaras outside of the drugstore but I think I will repurchase this one!

on 6/4/2014 10:53:00 AM

AMAZING!!!!!! I found my HG mascara! I have thin long light brown lashes that stay straight down if I don't do anything with them...well I just curl them with the shiseido curler and apply one coat of this mascara and they look amazing...I even prefer it to the Shiseido full definition mascara that costs much more! This stuff holds the curl incredibly, slightly better than the Shiseido one. The wands are kinda similar but Cannonball can grab all my eyelashes much better...most mascaras tend to weigh down my eyelashes even after using my curler (Lancome ones in particular). It doesn't add much volume though, it's ok (I tried 2 coats), and the colour is great so it's perfect for day time, not really gonna use it for nights out. Definitely gonna repurchase it. Just the packaging is kinda boring. SO MUCH LOVE! THANKS URBAN DECAY! - I got the waterproof version

on 5/20/2014 8:32:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I bought this product based on MUA reviews and I was pretty disappointed. Reading about it here led me to believe it would be my HG, sadly it didn't live up to the hype and I returned it. I'm not sure if it was just I had only used it once and the mascara was still super wet but it just wasn't for me. It smudged everywhere and my lashes were just weirdly long looking with absolutely no volume. It also didn't curl very well even though I got the waterproof version.

on 5/19/2014 6:30:00 PM

I want to try this mascara because alot of nice reviews swearing by it's waterproof power......but for me it still smudges so it's not the one for me......

on 4/13/2014 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I really enjoyed this mascara. I really did. It was my first high-end mascara after finding out that most waterproof mascaras in the drugstore were, in fact, not sebum-proof at all and so consequently still prone to smudging. I've come to accept that waterproof mascaras are necessary to hold a curl and don't shy away from wearing waterproof everyday, so have edited my skincare routine to include an oil cleanser, which really dissolves and breaks down even the toughest makeup.

UD Cannonball was the first mascara in the history of my life to have never smudged on me after the end of the day. It also held a curl (most mascaras make my lashes droop down even after curling them), made my lashes defined and fluttery, and in general was a good workhorse mascara that I could depend on every single day. It is a fiber-based mascara, and adds a good amount of length. The brush wand is small, long, and easy to handle.

Personally I think the price of $20 is actually pretty low compared to most mid-end brands sold in Sephora, and the tube lasted me from November til mid-April (as you can tell, I'm a bit lazy about buying mascara). Rather than buying four different drugstore mascaras (which are increasingly expensive these days) I'd rather buy this one and call it a day. It removes easily with an oil cleanser and makeup remover. In my opinion, the price is damnedly cheap because I cannot find another alternative elsewhere that has the same attributes as UD Cannonball.

I don't actually recommend this for people who are looking for volume and super lush glossy eyelashes. This mascara in my opinion is more of a niche item. I haven't tested out whether I'll be able to wear this to a pool, but I've cried in it and it's truly waterproof at least in that regard.

This mascara is more of a god-send for people who find that most mascaras weigh down their lashes and smudge at the end of the day. In my opinion, it's a very good product. UD Cannonball isn't HG material but it certainly is a superior contender to most drugstore waterproof mascaras. Waterproof =/= sebumproof, but at least UD's got an option for those who prefer buying in the store rather than online.

Overall, I really liked this mascara. I have no qualms about recommending this mascara especially to Asian ladies like myself.

However, being a product junkie I've decided to investigate the magical things that the Japanese mascaras are famed for and recently purchased the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara. UD Cannonball was great but ultimately there's just something about mascara that makes you want to try different things to come across The One.

Top Rated Urban Decay Products