December 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Mascara - Urban Decay - Cannonball

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by jssiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on MUA reviews and I was pretty disappointed. Reading about it here led me to believe it would be my HG, sadly it didn't live up to the hype and I returned it. I'm not sure if it was just I had only used it once and the mascara was still super wet but it just wasn't for me. It smudged everywhere and my lashes were just weirdly long looking with absolutely no volume. It also didn't curl very well even though I got the waterproof version.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I want to try this mascara because alot of nice reviews swearing by it's waterproof power......but for me it still smudges so it's not the one for me......

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by aleshoane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this mascara. I really did. It was my first high-end mascara after finding out that most waterproof mascaras in the drugstore were, in fact, not sebum-proof at all and so consequently still prone to smudging. I've come to accept that waterproof mascaras are necessary to hold a curl and don't shy away from wearing waterproof everyday, so have edited my skincare routine to include an oil cleanser, which really dissolves and breaks down even the toughest makeup.

UD Cannonball was the first mascara in the history of my life to have never smudged on me after the end of the day. It also held a curl (most mascaras make my lashes droop down even after curling them), made my lashes defined and fluttery, and in general was a good workhorse mascara that I could depend on every single day. It is a fiber-based mascara, and adds a good amount of length. The brush wand is small, long, and easy to handle.

Personally I think the price of $20 is actually pretty low compared to most mid-end brands sold in Sephora, and the tube lasted me from November til mid-April (as you can tell, I'm a bit lazy about buying mascara). Rather than buying four different drugstore mascaras (which are increasingly expensive these days) I'd rather buy this one and call it a day. It removes easily with an oil cleanser and makeup remover. In my opinion, the price is damnedly cheap because I cannot find another alternative elsewhere that has the same attributes as UD Cannonball.

I don't actually recommend this for people who are looking for volume and super lush glossy eyelashes. This mascara in my opinion is more of a niche item. I haven't tested out whether I'll be able to wear this to a pool, but I've cried in it and it's truly waterproof at least in that regard.

This mascara is more of a god-send for people who find that most mascaras weigh down their lashes and smudge at the end of the day. In my opinion, it's a very good product. UD Cannonball isn't HG material but it certainly is a superior contender to most drugstore waterproof mascaras. Waterproof =/= sebumproof, but at least UD's got an option for those who prefer buying in the store rather than online.

Overall, I really liked this mascara. I have no qualms about recommending this mascara especially to Asian ladies like myself.

However, being a product junkie I've decided to investigate the magical things that the Japanese mascaras are famed for and recently purchased the Kiss Me Heroine Make Long & Curl Mascara. UD Cannonball was great but ultimately there's just something about mascara that makes you want to try different things to come across The One.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by chevella70

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have found my new Holy Grail mascara! That said, this mascara serves a very specific purpose, so there are some things that it does and does not deliver, which I will outline here.

This mascara is good for:
Length --My lashes look so long and lovely that false lashes are not even a thought for me. The length added is really remarkable.
Curl --No mascara really *gives* curl, but this one definitely LOCKS in the curl that you create with your lash curler. My lashes stick straight forward, and nothing has ever held the curl. This mascara does! It is the most amazing thing I've ever seen a mascara do for me.
Comfort --Even with multiple coats, this stuff feels weightless!
Definition --Every lash is separated and fanned right out!

This mascara is NOT good for:
Volume --If you're looking to add volume, this is not your pick. It darkens them up a lot, but it doesn't add much thickness.
Bottom lashes --It's decent on the bottom lashes, but you've got to be careful. The added length could make your bottom lashes a little wacky if you don't use caution.

I haven't noticed any flaking or smudging. If I do, I'll update. So far, I love this mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Addictedxx24

Let me start. I am a FREAK about my lashes. Some people have bad hair days I have bad eyelash days (not really anymore!) I'm very OCD bout my lashes and use a curler (tweezerman) I always was trying new mascara in hope of finding one I could settle down with. We'll im in love!!! I have lashes that are long but point downward like curtains. No natural curl here. I use my curler and then use this mascara. It has never worked so perfectly!!!! I go over them once sometimes twice. Never clumpy, not spider leggy, the mascara doesn't weigh them down and reduce curl. I also make it through workouts with my lashes in place!!!! As for diving in a swimming pool- my curl is gone but the mascara is still there. I use this as an everyday mascara- never know if you get out of work early enough for a workout sesh or if it'll rain! I recommended it to my girlfriend and she loves it too! Again I have tried so many mascaras- from benefits they're real to diors show and loreal/cover girl ones.... I have finally met the love of my life! (My actual love of my life bought this for me haha) and if it ever doesn't apply the way I want it or my lashes are not in the proper place- I use a lash comb (ladies this is an amazing tool if you have lash issues!!)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by rocketqueen1122

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product definitely does not live up to its claims. I certainly can't go swimming with it which is fine but urban decay shouldn't make false claims. That's annoying. It has actually left me with faint raccoon eyes by the end of the day occasionally. This is unacceptable. Especially for a mascara that really doesn't do much for my lashes in the way of volumizing or lengthening. My cheap maybelline waterproof mascara seems to hold up better than this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I wouldn't buy this again because even though it truly lengthened my lashes it made them look very thin and spider leg like. It was also not fully waterproof however it was really water resistant. The formula is dry which I dislike as it takes more time to apply. My lashes didn't feel stiff and crunchy though so that is lovely.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by cecilelpham

I am on the fence with this mascara. It is the only mascara that I've tried so far that is able to hold a curl (I have straight Asian eyelashes that point downward). The curl lasts throughout the day. When I put this on my upper eyelashes the mascara doesn't budge at all. However it's a different story with my lower lashes - if I put this mascara on my lower lashes, I always get racoon eyes. Also this mascara is not volumizing, though it makes my eyelashes look a little longer. It is however, extremely waterproof and smudgeproof (ONLY for my upper eyelashes). It can be difficult to remove unless you use a very good eyemakeup remover. I tried removing it with the Estee Lauder Gentle Eye Makeup Remover, but ended up having to scrub it off. On the other hand the Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover removes this mascara very easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by yungching

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Bought this on a whim and was not disappointed.
Was in fact really pleased with the product.
This adds volume and length to my lashes without weighing it down.
Best of all, it holds curls very well.
Despite wearing it for more than 10 hours, it did not smudge nor flake at all.
Through it all, it is easy to remove with any eye makeup remover.
One thing i really like though was how it does not make my eyelashes feel plasticky-stiff whilst being buildable without clumping up

ps: The wand was tiny enough to maneuver even the inner and outer lashes!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Lerka

I really wanted to love this mascara after reading amazing reviews about it. But I'm sad to admit that it will not replace my Diorshow Iconic Waterproof.

I agree with most reviews that it does make lashes look great ....... though it takes some practice. It gets a little messy when applying I guess bc I have "Asian" lashes. They are straight but I consider them "normal" length lol not short. So when I curl them and start putting mascara, half of it is on my lids and then I need to clean that up and apply more mascara. I'm not too fond of this process as it takes time.
I need mascara that looks natural and gives a bit of volume and definition, keeps the curl all day, and doesn't smudge. UD Cannonball definitely keeps my lashes curled all day, gives right amount of volume and OK deifinition...but I'm not a fan of fiber mascaras as I wear contacts, and if mascara flakes, then it's a real pain in the eye ... And Cannonball does flake a bit and boy it smudges after a couple of hours! I have to keep checking every hour to make sure I don't look like raccoon.

Like I said it takes some time to get a hang of it, at least it did for me... I think it's also bc of the brush. I'm so used to Diorshow brushes that anything that looks different is difficult for me to use at first. I don't know how waterproof it is as I didn't swim nor did I cry .....yet BUT I find it difficult to remove with non-oil based waterproof makeup remover that I use to remove Iconic mascara with no problem. So I'd assume that yes it is pretty waterproof lol

So my verdict is I most likely will not repurchase it and will just go back to my beloved Iconic... I don't even know why I keep trying other mascara when I always just go back to Diorshow. Those are the best mascaras for me

*******************************************************************************************************
UPDATE: (April 1, 2014)
I still like how it holds a curl and adds just the right amount of volume.BUT the smudging drives me crazy. I use UD Primer and MUFE powder but nothing helps it still smudges and flakes. :(
The green cap came off lol. It wasn't glued very well.

April 24, 2014

I went back to Dior Iconic Extreme...no smudging.
I forgot to mention that I noticed my eyelids got oilier which was causing all the smudging with Cannonball. But now that I'm using Dior again, my eyelids don't get oily AT ALL. Weird... but I think maybe the formula of the mascara was causing the oiliness??? =/