Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Core Collection

4.5

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Samantha Chapman has really changed the makeup brush game with these brushes. The price is amazing for these quality brushes. Their soft, sturdy, don't shed, wash easily, look nice and apply makeup seamlessly. You.couldn't ask for more from a makeup brush. I am extremely happy with this purchase and honestly want the entire collection.

on 3/10/2015 5:44:00 PM

these are a great buy whether you are a makeup fanatic or just someone who wears makeup occasionally because they blend everything flawlessly and without much effort. They can now be found at Wal-Mart for about $20- 25 for the set of three.

My favourite thing about these brushes are that they dry SO fast after washing, literally within 5 minutes, and also they are so soft and really gives a soft finish to any makeup you apply. I always use the contour brush and my contouring never looks too harsh no matter what shade of powder i use.

the buffing brush is great for applying foundation and either stippling or lightly buffing it into your skin. I also use it sometimes to apply my finishing power to just dab it on since its more dense than other brushes and has a somewhat flat top.

The smaller, thin, foundation brush is good to apply cream contour on the face or highlihgt/concealor.

on 3/10/2015 8:03:00 AM

Great value for your money! I generally love RT, and this collection is no exception.
The buffing brush is great for applying foundation, is blends perfectly. Definitely my HG foundation brush!
The contouring brush i very good for contouring and blending, but currently I use it to apply concealer, as it blends it perfectly.
I use the small brush (detailer brush?) for applying lipstick, and it works really well.
The pointed foundation brush is pretty stiff and useless (works with concealer, but many other brushes are a lot better).

Really happy with this collection, its soft and easy to wash.
Wish I could by these brushes separately tho, as i would like to by another buffing and contour brush.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

All of the real techniques brushes are amazing. They are super soft and don't shed and can be used in multiple different ways. The buffing face brush in this set is awesome. It is not as dense as say Sigma F80. But I personally prefer a softer face brush. It's great for blending in foundation or budding out contour, etc. I also really like the contour face brush in this set. It's great for contouring as well as blending out under eye concealer or applying setting powder under the eye. I don't really use the pointed foundation brush in this set because I'm not a huge fan of applying my foundation that way and I think that brush is also too small to use all over the face. I have used it for concealer before and it's still a great brush. Pick. These. Up. There is no reason to be forking out so much money for high end over rated brushes when you can pick up awesome brushes like these at the drugstore for the price of one high end brush.

on 1/14/2015 2:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've recently bought a new set of the real techniques core collection set.They are so good and you can use them for almost everything to do with makeup,another good thing is that they don't shed hairs after washing them and they last so long aswell.As for the price they are inexpensive.The packaging is okay but the only thing i don't like about the real techniques is the carry case/brush holder they come in because personally i like to keep all my brushes together.

on 1/7/2015 8:49:00 PM

Beautiful brushes, great price! So far no shedding and easy to clean. Love them!

on 1/1/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

My favourite brush from this collection is the contour brush! It blends very well, better than a brush than another contour brush I own (similar to the Nars Ita brush). Doesn't make your contour look muddy and has very soft bristles.

The small foundation brush feels VERY synthetic and I'm not a big fan of it, quite stiff and I don't even use it.

The eye brush is nice for packing eye shadow on but nothing to rave about.

The buffing brush applies foundation quite smoothly but it's not a HG to me. It's good if you're going for a light to average coverage.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

For the price of these brushes they are good value! So I thought I'd top up my brushes with this set and try them out. I do think they are trying to make this set look good by saying a "foundation brush" "concealer brush" are included! They have the brushes all wrong. The foundation brush is more like a concealer brush! The concealer brush is more like a lip brush! So I would suggest making your own mind up what they are used for. The hairs don't fall out much which is great. The brush bag is a nice little extra but still cheap and not really any good for anything! If your new to makeup then this is a good starter kit, if you have brushes already they are good extras or top ups. In all they just arnt big enough for what they should be used for. I suggest buying from Amazon as they are only £12 with free shipping! Be aware of fakes on eBay and if purchasing from Amazon make sure it states "sold and dispatched by Amazon" not 3rd party sellers.

on 12/13/2014 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I only really use two, sometimes three of the brushes- the buffing brush, the contour brush and the detailed brush. The other says it's a foundation brush, in my opinion it's far too small and it would take forever for me to do a full face of foundation, but 3/4 isn't bad. I tried using it as a concealer brush, but it's not soft enough for the under eye area. But I love my buffing brush and detailer brush, so they make it all worth while!

on 11/30/2014 9:25:00 PM

I got this set for $11 on Amazon. I use the buffing brush for mineral foundation and the contouring brush which is smaller and pointier for blush. I have tried the smallest brush for concealer but it doesn't work as well as patting with a finger. The foundation brush I have not used at all. What would be a better choice in this kit would be some type of eye liner brush. I apply powder blush first then buff on a sheer mineral foundation. I am very pleased with the finish and coverage. I actually forgot to put concealer on my trouble spots one day. The look is finished but not artificial or cakey. The carrying case is good for travel. I think for the price these brushes is very good. Sephora tried to sell me a $48 brush for a $34 powder which I think is outrageous for both products.
Update: I have been using the buffing brush for Holika gel foundation and it is great! So soft it doesn't rough up dry patches, doesn't absorb product and leaves a smoothe natural finish. Forget the actual foundation brush. It is worthless. Haven't found anything it is good for yet- too stiff and pointy.

Top Rated Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Products