I was so so happy to see this, along with the Real Techniques travel set, at my Wal Mart in Toronto. No surprise here- but these brushes are wonderfully soft and effective makeup brushes.
- multi tasking
- great with cream / powder product
- did not irritate skin
- support fellow YouTube gurus
- no bleeding
- no shedding
- difficult to find in Canada
I love these brushes along with their other travel sets. They are super soft and I can use the brushes for a variety of different ways. The only one i don't use is the foundation brush, I much prefer the Sigma F80 flat top kabuki or the buffing brush that comes with the set for foundation. Worth every penny
I don't find the set being very useful. The only brush I do use often enough is the biggest one. It serves me well for applying liquid application.
The smallest one should be good for detail application, lips for example, but I don't seem to grab for it often. Don't use the rest either.
Great brushes and price! I love all of these brushes. They don't shed and can be used for multiple purposes. It took some experimenting to find out how each would work into my routines but now I couldn't live without!
Ladies, these brushes are so incredible. I absolutely love these. I have purchased so many brushes including MAC and SIGMA. These are an incredible value. I ordered all of mine from iherb and with the code QLV352 you get ten dollars off!!
What a fabulous set of brushes! I love and use each and every one of these regularly, and I'm extremely glad I made this purchase.
Reasonably priced for 4 high-quality brushes with an excellent, practical case, this collection is totally worth it. Here are my short, individual reviews of each brush:
- Detailer brush: This is a helpful little brush for precise application for spots, lips, and even for highlighting the inner corner of the eye or the cupid's bow.
- Pointed foundation brush: Useless for foundation, in my opinion, but perfect for concealer. I just spritz it with a touch of water, and then use it to dab the concealer under my eyes, using my finger and the brush for a flawless finish. It's really gentle and soft, and I find that I've removed any tugging from my under-eye area during concealer application thanks to this brush.
- Contour brush: This is a brush I have a bit of a problem with, but I do like to use this with highlight powders, it's very good for a nice, concentrated highlight. This is also good for applying the contour powder or bronzer (I guess, I don't wear it much myself), but not for blending it out... atleast not for me. But still, a five-star brush! I've also seen some people use it as a concealer brush, this isn't for me, but I've never been too good at applying concealer with a fuller brush.
- Buffing brush: The star of this collection! There is nothing this brush can't fix or do. Foundation, blusher, bronzer... it's a blending star for that flawless, natural looking face. Applying make-up has become really stress-free for me, I think this is one of those products that makes applying product really easy regardless of the product, the make-up artists's theory that a superior brush even makes not-so-expensive products look expensive. This has been my experience with this brush.
These are super easy to clean, super-soft, taklon-bristle brushes that do not shed at all, hold product well and are just all round stars! Could not recommend them any more!
FANTASTIC brushes. Every model I have used these on has commented on how soft they feel on the skin. Not only that but they spread, buff, and layer product flawlessly. I have washed these many times and have yet to see even one brush hair shed. To top everything off these are super affordable. To be honest I would pay triple how much these cost if I had to.
Plus the case they come in can be converted into a brush stand which is handy and super cute!
The main reason I bought this set was that I needed a contouring brush. I actually wanted an angled contouring brush but thought I get 4 different brushes at a price I'd probably pay for one angled contouring brush made by some other brand, and all these good reviews on MUA about these... I'll give it a try. Delightfully I discovered these brushes are indeed great.
I discovered what a wonderful tool is a concealer brush - I never used one, but it's so great for putting the concealer to just the right place under my eyes and I only need really tiny bit of product with this.
The contouring brush is the right size for my small face and gets the job done.
The buffing brush made me understand why buffing is great. I go over my foundation quickly with it to eliminate any concrete lines and it's great. I used to have an E.L.F. buffing brush which was too big for my face, flat, and I never really "got it". The right size and the dome shape makes all the difference. Also, the bristles are more dense and at the same time softer.
The foundation brush is the least favourite of the bunch and I haven't really used it so far.
Shape wise I would have preferred if the brushes had these typical narrowing end handles, these flat ones are a bit inconvenient to slide into the rubber band holder and into the case.
These brushes truely live up to the hype. All four do not shed. None of them scratch. Comes with a handy travel case which I use as a stand to dry my brushes.
- These brushes were cheap off iherb.com. Australia is so expensive!!!!! $5 off Coupon code: ZEH931 ($10 off purchase if you spend over $40)
-The FLAT TOP is great for foundation. I use my RT expert brush when this is dirty. I prefer this one than Sedona Lace's flat top.
- CONTOUR brush is super soft so I tend to pinch the brush while contouring. You can use this brush for blush if you have small cheek bones like me.
- CONCEALER brush is small and precise. I use this for concealer or cream eye shadows/base. The handle is super thin too.
- FOUNDATION/Paddle brush is my least fav. It's quite small and has a pointed tip. It's not as dense as Sigma's foundation brush. I used to use this for undereye concealer but then forgot about it.
Oh my god. Where do I start with these brushes? They are hands down the best brand of brushes that I have ever used and are the first thing I turn for my everyday makeup. I mainly use mac, sigma and Chanel brushes but I came across these after watching sam and nic's YouTube channel and I haven't looked back! They are the softest brushes and when washed they return back to looking like brand new and having had mine for over six months they still look and feel great. Since having this collection I've had to buy other brushes from Sam Chapman because they are so so good!