October 24, 2014 | 939 users online

Bronzers - Chanel - Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 3:28:00 AM More reviews by Indigomama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good god, this is a total winner. I thought the mattifying Terracotta bronzer from Guerlain in a tube was lovely until I tried Chanel. It beats Guerlain by far. Whereas Guerlain is silicon-ey and makes a (mattifying and smoothing) layer on the skin, Chanel goes on feather-like, you don't feel you have someting on, you don't look like you have bronzer on and you don't need to set it with anything on top so that it looks just like your sunkissed skin. As to the color, it will suit a lot of pale and fair skins I believe. I am like MAC NW18-18 and I feel totally fine about it. It looks quite golden (not yellow and not brick) in the pan but if compared to Guerlain's Terracotta in Blondes, it appears by far more calm coffee-tonned. For me, it makes a beautiful sunkissed (not bronzed) look. If I want a really bronzed look, I would opt for Terracotta in Brunettes. Application can be a bit tricky, you have to find your HG brush for it. I tried following Lisa Eldridge with a Chanel Touch Up Kabuki brush and didn't like it. Small broken bristles deposit themselves into the pan and it is gross. Besides, the brush is too big. I tried Dior's light coverage dense flat foundation brush and it didn't deliver. I used a generic synthetic roundish dense powder brush and bingo, that was it. I am totally sold. I marked Tan de Chanel as "will repurchase" but mind that you get 30 (thirty) grams, it is very unlikely that I will run out of it soon. If I however do, I will for sure repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Heyheytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a god send- a good bronzer for fair- medium skin tones and I can tell u it does not show up orange in any way! Pros: you get a lot for the money (au $65?) 30grms will last you a long time The packaging is practical for the formula, fancy and sturdy I can't really go past it looks good on dressing table too :0). The colour is a beautiful rich bronze that looks natural The blendabilty of this is Shockley good! You don't have to spend too much time working it into skin. Lasts a long time on my very oily skin and it doesn't slide or melt (I thought it would being a cream base). It doesn't seep into large pores or wear funny NO CONS Not even the price because I think it's fair seeing so it's such a HG for me but if it where ever cheaper I wouldn't complain ;).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:43:00 AM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing product!

First of all, the packaging is gorgeous and looks so pretty and classy sitting on my dressing table!

I use this bronzer almost every single day. I like to use fake tan but find it always fades too quickly on my face and I find piling on powder bronzer can look cakey and unnatural so this is the perfect solution!

I apply this with a MAC 187 brush, which blends it into the skin well and picks up just the right amount of product, before I apply my foundation. It gives my skin and instant glow and makes my skin look instantly healthier and more alive. I find my foundation always looks better with this underneath and I feel like I don't need as much foundation either. It's got a lovely smooth texture and is such a natural bronze which gives you a natural-looking glow.

I couldn't be without this now. I really can't recommend it enough!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Babyivyc

A little goes a long way, there is a lot of product. It smells really nice and gives you a very natural sunkissed glow (not the orangey or brown color some bronzers gives off).
Will definately repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The first thing that has to be said about Soleil Tan de Chanel is this stuff is going to last you forever there is a lot of product and a little seems to go a really long way. It would not be the ideal packaging to go travelling as is quite bulky.

My skin is NC15 so know I have to go easy on the bronze so as to not look as if I've had a visit to Jersery Shore, the QC or been attacked by a sunbed! This is definately not a dark toned bronzer I would say more mid-tone. (arm swatch above). I have found this easiest to apply and blend with a small stippling brush (current favs being Bdellium and RT) and you only need to dot the brush in for the smallest amount. It blends really well and does not ball over liquid foundation at all.

However I still seem to reach for a powder bronzer before this because it is quicker and easier to apply so can see myself owning this for many more years to come yet - unless it decides to go off first - hope not :) I've had it well over a year and hardly made a dent.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 6:00:00 AM More reviews by Kayabea

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best bronzer I have ever used. It is pricey, but will last a lifetime. A cream bronzer is beautiful on more mature skin, as it does not cake in lines. The color of this bronzer is beautiful and natural. I live it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by boyd75

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'd been wanting to try this for a while and i'd tried the Boujois bronzing base as well. In all honesty i much prefer this. It seems more expensive but in reality it's not . You do get a lot of product (30g for 31.00 approx in the UK). The Boujois bronzing base contains 10g i think for 9.99. I also find that soleil de tan can be built up very gradually ,which is a good thing for me as with my fair skin i don't want to end up like an umpa lumpa(forgive the spelling}! It also has little or no fragrance from what i can tell whereas the Boujois has a very strong chocolate smell which i found far too overpowering.It can be a little tricky to master the application but it looks very natural when you do get it right and also tends to last a very decent amount of time.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by naicha

Having used it for over a year now, I can safely say that I do really like this bronzer, however it didn't manifest itself as Holy Grail Material. I love the cream formula - I only wear cream or liquid blushes so I find that powder bronzers can interfere with the dewy look I prefer on my cheeks. It does contain little shimmer particles which I am not crazy about, and it definitely takes a little more effort than powder bronzer to blend any edges and make it look seamless and natural, so I can't just whack this on the way I do with a powder. Those minor complaints aside, I do really enjoy wearing it - the peach undertones almost make this a bronzer/bush hybrid for me, and I particularly enjoy wearing this with a darker eye.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by StefanieBeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard so much about this product, I had to run to Harvey Nichols asap to get my own! I do think the formula of this product is perfect, especially over (or under as suggested by Chanel) a paticulary dewy foundation/bb cream (I wear Mac Prep + Prime in dark) but I imagine this would be more noticable, yet not too heavy, on fairer skin... it kind of blends into my skin tone and becomes almost invisible. I must admit, the packaging is a beauty so I do love to look at it but maybe I will have to save this for winter months when I'm naturally lighter. I'm Mac NC35 in my Pro Longwer, so if you are the same or darker, hmm maybe not for us! Beautiful product though, well done Chanel...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:56:00 PM More reviews by LinaGranita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is actually my first review on Makeup Alley and I just had to as I find this product absolutely amazing! I am a HUGE makeup freak and I love trying new products. I have fair skin and I've tried so many bronzers but I think I found my #1 bronzer. Normally, I use Nars casino bronzer, it's a little dark for winter but I find it easily workable for winter and summer. The only thing is I find myself more attracted to a ''creamy'' texture instead of powder as it stays on better (same goes for blush). I heard a lot about Soleil Tan and I decided to purchase it even though it's quite $$$ (about 51$ Canadian). Keep in mind that this will last you a life time as you only need a little bit so after all, it was a good investment. I love how you can easily work with it and build with it's creamy texture, once applied on the skin it has a really natural finish and using the right brush you get it exactly where you want it. The tone of it is just perfect for summer or winter, I think ill love it even more during the summer as I tend to get dark. I used a small foundation brush to apply it right under my cheek bone and on the t-zone. I definitely suggest this product to those who are still looking for the right bronzer. It's very popular so it might be hard to find but I got lucky, i'd stock up! Definitly a 5 star + for me.