New York Color City Curls Curling Mascara

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/29/2014 1:18:00 AM

Sometimes a low-priced product delivers high-quality results. This is not one of those times. I found this mascara to be barely OK. My least favorite thing about it is the weird curved brush that tapers off at the end like some kind of hook. Made application clumpy and uneven.
The overall effect was just average-looking. Added some length and volume but it didn't look good enough to make me buy this again.
Overall- meh.

on 2/14/2014 11:45:00 AM

This is one of my all-time favorite mascaras, if not my all-time favorite. I bought it because I wanted a curling formula to add a little oomph to my lashes. It does give them a bit of curl even without using a lash curler, making my eyes look a bit more awake and a bit bigger, plus it adds some nice volume and length -- but more volume. I like the brush, too, as it's "normal" sized (I can't stand those huge brushes) and has a bit of curve. The formula is good, doesn't flake for me, and it's got good staying power. I'm already on something like my fourth tube and tend to pick it up when Rite Aid has a sale on NYC products so I essentially get it for less than $2.

I admire this mascara, not only does it curl, it added crazy volume! I'd re-buy :3

on 11/20/2013 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I always wear two different mascaras so when I was buying my Maybelline, I grabbed this as my second. I didn't expect to love this mascara but I do. For it to be so cheap, it's incredible. And I don't mean that it's good for the price, but this a great mascara. I already bought my reup for when it's time to throw the open one away. I usually always use 2 different mascaras to get the look I want, but I find that if I don't have time, this is the one I can use to get the same look.

on 10/23/2013 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Definitely one of my favorite mascaras. It does curl on me and separates very nicely. It adds a lot of volume and my lashes look fuller and slightly curled. I haven't found many mascaras that i truly like, but this is one of them.

on 4/30/2013 10:23:00 PM

I was shopping at my dollar store and remembered I had ran out of my mascara, and since this was the cheapest($4) I figured to try!

Needless to say, I'm very happy I did so. It's doesn't curl my lashes actually, so that dropped it down a little, but something that annoys me about mascara is always the clumping and blotches. But this, this was a miracle and never did that! No clumps, unlike the more expensive store named brands.

And I love the dark color it gave my lashes! I find darker mascara always fits me well.

I would recommend buying this, espically since it's so cheap!

on 4/26/2013 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mascara. It doesn't clump and curls my lashes. Lovely!

on 3/16/2013 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

It's alright. It doesn't curl lashes but does add volume.

on 3/15/2013 8:09:00 PM

Love this mascara have repurchase this several times

on 3/15/2013 3:52:00 PM

Fantastic! So cheap and works so well. I spent so long spending so much money on mascaras only to have them lose shape, curl and flake away. Not with this. I do have long lashes but they tend to fall flat. I use a curler real quick then brush this on. I don't over apply and have been complimented many times on my lashes, even asked if they were false lashes a few times, which I never wear. This has been my best mascara find to date, at this this price, I could not be happier.

Top Rated New York Color Products