July 24, 2014 | 1846 users online

Mascara - New York Color - City Curls

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 8:09:00 PM More reviews by ML81

Love this mascara have repurchase this several times

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by Leeah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic! So cheap and works so well. I spent so long spending so much money on mascaras only to have them lose shape, curl and flake away. Not with this. I do have long lashes but they tend to fall flat. I use a curler real quick then brush this on. I don't over apply and have been complimented many times on my lashes, even asked if they were false lashes a few times, which I never wear. This has been my best mascara find to date, at this this price, I could not be happier.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by surf222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I thought this was just an average mascara that didnt hold the curl even with an eyelash curler. It was $2.97 at my local Target so I figured I would try it. Needless to say, I won't purchase this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2012 9:03:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not a NYC mascara I would repurchase as it didn't do anything spectacular for my lashes. It did add a little length and volume, but didn't hold the curl very well. Trying to build up coats for more oomph just made my lashes look chunky and clumpy. Way better inexpensive drugstore and NYC mascaras I'd rather repurchase then this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:36:00 PM More reviews by JamChoco

Since I'm a student, I usually go for cheap makeup, so I gave this a try since it was only 3 dollars. This mascara is worth more than the price. It is not clumpy at all (my friend told me it does clump a bit but after a few months) and it does flake, but only a little. Barely noticable. It does lift your lashes up a bit, and my short, flimsy lashes grew so much longer. I love this mascara, I am up for buying a second tube when I'm done with this one! (For less clumping, I like to use a index card to lift up my lashes and brush the wand through my lashes on the index card for protection, and it has a clean look. No clumping or big blotches.)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2012 4:27:00 PM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I got this for $2.50 CAD; I've only ever gotten mascara this cheap in the form of overstock on eBay. Pretty impressive!

It's a little thick, but I liked how it went on overall. I tend to curl my lashes carefully and put on two coats, and they really did look long.

I don't like the curved brush all that much, but it didn't interfere with the application; I got used to it after three applications or so.

I'd buy it again; can't beat that price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by normajeane73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw the favorable reviews on here and decided to pick one up at my local WalMart. It's awesome! I put it on after I used an eyelash curler (I always use a curler) and it did lengthen and thicken my lashes! It really held the curl too, by the end of date night with my husband, my lashes still look fresh and uplifted. I love it! I have found my HG mascara. Just because something is cheap does not mean the quality is bad. Would totally recommend this! Ladies, give it a try! You will not regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sassyBrunette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT! makes my eye lashes look very nice!! does not make them clump at all!! it is just as good if not better than more expensive mascaras i have tried!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by belle666

This is an awesome mascara for the value. This is the best mascara of NYC that I have tried and is one of the cheapest that they offer. This did give a nice curl, definition and length without clumping.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2012 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Makeupobsession22

i like this mascara for defining every lash. it does not clump them together after one thick coat of this mascara. the wand is slightly curved but i dont think it holds the curls any better than any mascara! i like it for quite a natural look but other than that i dont think i would repurchase it. it doesnt give a spidery look to my lashes but it doesnt give a ton of volume or length. overall i think it is more of a defining and enhancing mascara! but i do recommend it if you want to try it, its just not amazing but its still good!