September 18, 2014 | 951 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Damage Therapy Conditioner Intensive Repair

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Helloneighbor

I bought this product based on the reviews of everyone else and had been using it for the last 3 weeks. Unfortunately my experience with it was not so great :( immediately right after using it i noticed that my hair simply did not have much slip to it when i was brushing it out and also when it dried it looked frizzier than usual. I chalked it up to having a bad hair day. After a week or to my ends looked so dry and frazzled that I took to trimming off about 2 inches myself. But even after the trim it still looked terrible. I noticed that i was losing more hair than usual too. Yesterday i was traveling and so used my conditioner that i keep in my travle sized container in my luggage and my hair looked GREAT. i realized it's really that it's the Dove conditioner that was damaging my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by McRubel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I never, ever would have thought to try this conditioner if it had not been for the stellar reviews here. I have been using salon conditioners for close to ten years now and was becoming more and more unimpressed with their quality. I just felt that there was not enough moisture in all of the "moisturizing" conditioners that I tried. Redken All Soft, Paul Mitchell Instant Moisture, Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery, Joico Moisture Recovery, Rusk Wellness Bedew Hydrating....you get the picture. I was starting to wonder if I should resort to a using a deep conditioner every time I washed my hair!
I've been using this for a few weeks now and must say that if the awesomeness continues it will be a definite HG. It smells amazing. Tropical, coconut, fruity, fresh. As far as consistency goes, it's not really thick or thin. Just average. I only need about a nickel to quarter size amount to cover my shoulder length thick/coarse hair. The real magic is after I rinse the conditioner out of my hair. I don't feel like I'm rinsing all of the moisture away! My hair stays soft and I can comb through it easily once I'm out of the shower. I haven't experienced any product buildup that others have mentioned but I use a clarifying shampoo every 1-2 weeks so it hasn't been a problem.
I think I paid $6 for this and it's worth every single penny. I HIGHLY recommend!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by povertyd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HI there. So I was looking for something to replace my biolage conditioner which I love everything about it, except the price.. At 20 bucks a bottle, I started to look around online for the best drug store conditioners to save a few dollars.. I saw a site that listed top drug store conditioners and this one was number 2 I believe. So I read these reviews on mua and thought I'd give it a shot. I really like this conditioner. While it isn't omfg soft while in the shower, it rinses out with a very soft feel to my hair and even softer when it's dry.

I will keep buying this conditioner. I love it and it compares to my favorite salon conditioner. I don't have any negative things to say about this product. I've been using it for about 2 to 3 months.

Thanks for reading.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been struggling to find a conditioner that works for my hair after TRESemme changed their formulas and the one I was using before started leaving me with a waxy build-up. My hair is super, super fine (though dense) and gets oily and weighed down easily. Most conditioners either leave my hair with build-up which makes it look greasy, or just leave it limp and lifeless with no body or structure. I was hesistant to try this because it's meant to be a heavier conditioner for damaged hair (my hair's dyed dark so it's quite silky already and doesn't have heat damage or any issues like that) so I figured it might weigh my hair down at the very least, but I've been pleasantly surprised. It actually gives my hair a bit of structure and bounce/body without weighing it down at all, and doesn't look at all greasy, even at the roots. It actually gives me more volume than Dove's Volume Boost conditioner, and leaves it shinier as well. The fragrance isn't bad but nothing spectacular but it isn't strong and I can't really smell it in my hair afterwards, which I prefer anyways. I will continue to buy and would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by pandorax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This may be the BEST conditioner I've ever used for dry, damaged hair. And I've tried all kinds of salon quality, expensive stuff, especially when I was going through a badly damaged phase with my hair. It's very conditioning, and really does help with split ends. I was at a point where I had so many split ends, that continuing to cut them off just wasn't an option, my hair would have been a few inches short. This conditioner really helped with manageability and seemed to at least fake the appearance and feel of healthier hair. I don't use it as much now, because it does weigh my fine hair down a bit (anything that is extra conditioning weighs my hair down at least a little), but I will still use it from time to time on the ends when my hair feels a bit dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by sezasunshine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this shampoo and matching conditioner having already fallen head over heels in love with the mask in the same range. I bought the 350ml big bottles from ASDA for 2 for £4. What drew me in was the promise of 5x improvement in cellular strength of hair (I'm a sucker for science).

I could really use that protection! I don't colour my hair, but do blowdry, straighten and curl pretty often, and wash daily. Plus I'm terrible at making time to go get it trimmed (*slaps own hand*), so I am prone to splits!

So I gave these bad boys a whirl!

Scent; great. Not "oh my god smell me" great (I like sweet or herbal smelling products, this is "faux-floral"), but pleasant all the same. The shampoo is a very creamy texture, and slightly pearlescent, while the conditioner is thick, white, and ... conditionery :/

The shampoo cleansed without over-cleansing and knotting my hair up, and the conditioner rinses out to give a lovely silky finish.

Once dried and/or straightened, I find my hair is mega shiny, very soft, not quite so "fluffy" and just generally wonderful... I could be looking through rose tinted glasses, but I do think the tensile strength of my hair has improved with use too...

Having tried many, many high end and high street products, the dove results are only seconded by how my over-priced but brilliant, well known chain of hairdressers make my hair. Would whole heartedly recommend this shampoo/conditioner combo!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by LillyMash

Great conditioner leaves my hair soft and frizz free. It's a new formula and I didn't really like the scent though but other than the scent, it was good. I don't think it would really repair damage like it says but it'll give you soft hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

If you CO wash and don't mind 'cones. then this is definitely worth a shot. It's cheap so you can slather on palmfuls of the stuff sans the guilt and with the addition of a bit of water it 'lathers' up a real treat, rinsing perfectly clean and leaving my hair shiny and soft like no other drugstore brand has managed thus far.

NOTE: A lot of girls have mentioned that this stuff starts out great and over time becomes less effective. THIS IS DUE TO BUILD-UP, LADIES!!! Clarify your hair with a decent clarifying shampoo (Herbal Essence Drama Clean works fine for this) and try this conditioner out again. I guarantee it will rekindle your love affair :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by triotrio

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is suberb. Its the only conditioner I've used on my colour-treated (i.e. fried) hair this whole year. Its cheap, easy to find, and as good as any intensive hair mask. Slap it on for about a minute, and you can glide a wide toothed comb through easily. It rinses out easily, and your hair is left soft, shiny and healthy looking.

It hasn't weighed my hair down, but as I have oily hair I only ever apply conditioners from mid-way down. I've repurchased this many times and see no reason to try anything else.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Allioa09

The BEST conditioner ever! I've used everything from homemade masks to high end salon brands. This leaves my hair soft, smooth and manageable. It's light so it doesn't leave my hair greasy or weigh it down. I seem to get "immune" to products after a while, but I've been using this for almost a year now with no issues! I plan on sticking with this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No