December 19, 2014 | 1046 users online

Lipstick - Cover Girl - lip perfection Lipstick in Embrace

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by ilikestripes5

I really love this colour. It's an intense, dark berry purple colour. The colour is very intense, so I don't wear it that often. A perfect bold lip colour. I find the formula for these lipsticks to be very smooth and moisturising. This shade stains your lips, which I don't mind at all. I find that if you dap the lipstick on, the colour stay for a very long time. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by MissEstelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

So gorgeous! A really rich, deep darkpinkish/purplish color. Not too dark or dramatic, but picks up your whole face. I don't swipe it on (that makes it look a bit over the top), I just lightly pat it on, blot once, and it looks very low-key and actually quite natural, even while making my whole face light up.

It feel a bit drying on its own (which is why 4 lips instead of 5), but I dab a bit of petroleum jelly on top, and it's perfect.

UPDATE: Okay, screw that. I'm upping it to 5, dryness or no. I can't stop wearing this, just around the house and everywhere I go. With absolutely no other makeup on, I look glowing and energetic and gorgeous. Whenever I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, it makes me happy. I'm so in love with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

What it Claims:
"Enriched with Silk Moisturizing Complex, our formula helps sustain levels of moisture and helps create soft, smoother, beautiful lips in just 7 days.* "

Claims: True or False?
1) Softer, smoother lips in 7 days: True.

Packaging:
This lipstick comes in a very classic-looking tube, very simplistic in design. The lid and neck of the lipstick are both a dark, reflective, greyed-out purple. The downside is that this will pick up fingerprint marks very quickly. The container also has a clear bottom, which is extended about a centimetre up the height of the tube. This allows you to more easily see the colour of the product for buyers who are unable to look at testers (which are used in all Canadian drug stores and department stores). Another potential downside is the lack of ingredients on the label. The lid snaps on and off very easily and seems like it would be fairly secure for travel as well. It turns and dispenses the lipstick smoothly.

Consistency:
With one sweep you can achieve opaque coverage, but it will not match the shade seen in the bottle in terms of depth. While the lipstick itself would appear to be a very dark blue-based plum, it swatches as a dark and bright fuchsia magenta shade.This colour is absolutely striking against my fair neutral-warm peach-toned skin, and the colour is a great wearable statement shade. I do wish it had more of a true purple tone to it though, as it can definitely pull pinker, especially after a few hours of wear. As this is very pigmented, it will leave a (pinker) stain on the lips. This is both a positive and a negative, as you can go longer without touch-ups (unless you want the colour to be truer to initial application and less pink), but you will also be left with darkly coloured lips for a day or so that may be hard to completely cover up (being more thorough with removal will help minimize staining, but not completely prevent it. Wearing a lip liner might help minimize staining as well). The finish is nice and creamy, providing a natural sheen to the lips. I prefer blotting gently after applying. I find that after an hour (possibly two) the initial creaminess dries down, but my lips are not dry and they feel the same as they did when first applied, just not creamy. There is no shimmer or sparkle to this shade.

Scent:
This line seems to contain a lot of lipsticks with a strong fragrance. This one does not have any noticeable fragrance that I could pick up on, but does have a bit of a cheap smell and taste.

Wear time:
This product wears very well. I get no bleeding, but I do get a bit of build-up of the product in lines after hours of wear. This isn't too noticeable and smooths out easily. After a few hours of wear the colour will fade to a brighter pink, which I'm not thrilled about. The consistency becomes unnoticeable on the lips, and they basically feel bare and completely comfortable. I can get 2-3 hours of creamy consistency, with probably at least 6 hours total of vibrant colour on the lips before applying a few extra dabs to help bring the original colour back.

Bang for your Buck:
I got this lipstick for $6.00CAD on sale (regular price is around $8.00-$9.00CAD) for 3.5grams or 0.12oz. This is slightly less than some brands, but the price is fairly good for the amount given, since so little needs to be used to get a smooth and opaque finish.

Final Consensus:
So far, I really love this shade. The formula isn't perfect, but it is fairly close. I'm more of a newcomer to lipsticks, so I find that the formula and the colour pay-off/staining to really help with my adjustment into lipsticks. Definitely a great colour to try out for those new to lipsticks or new to purples and who would like a brighter, fun shade to play around with!
- Pros: Easy to apply, nice packaging, affordable, opaque in one swipe, creamy, blends nicely, doesn't dry out the lips, colour lasts for a long time
- Cons: Stains lips, slight cheap smell/taste, colour swatches differently than it looks in the tube.

Overall Rating: 4.5/5
Price: 1/5
Packaging Quality: 4/5
Would you buy this product again: Yes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by NancyGooGoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shade is awesome! It's a deep magenta/purple with a blue undertone and has really good staying power. I line it with NYX "Deep Purple" and the combination is perfect. The liner is a tad darker but blends rather nicely. It's definitely great for a night-time look but I wear it during the day anyway. Love, love, love this shade!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by sassykzt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

rich color application and exceptional staying power.

lightweight, non-greasy

*** An almost perfect dupe for MAC Rebel-- they look identical under fluorescent lighting but in natural daylight/ halogen lighting the Embrace has a bit of a blue iridescence-- still stunning color for blue/green eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 5:03:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I'm in love with this lipstick!!! It's BEAUTIFUL!!! It's a bold bright fuschia with some purple. It just screams party:) I wear it full coverage or really lightly as stain. And both ways is so pretty. Long lasting as well. Looking forward to trying out more of these lipsticks!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by IAmCC84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this shade, it's great for a "night-time fun" look. The color is very long lasting and it's not at all drying. I love that it's so bright and bold....perfect for summer. It's a great product for $5! The packaging is simple and cute, I don't like a lot of decoration. The packaging is also durable, my niece emptied my purse in the middle of a grocery and it didn't break!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 7:31:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is pretty awesome. I use it with NYX Queen of Africa or NYX African Queen lipgloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/18/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by bloodyfrida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like these lipsticks, but I wish that this one was a bit more purple-y. But for those who want a hint of purple/fuscia, it is for you! EDIT: Also note that this color isn't as long-lasting as some other Lip Perfection colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

embrace is a nice purple/fuschia creamy lipstick! Love that deep purple with fuschia / blue undertone! Creamy,velvety formula.to go with a gold,pink,purple,plum,beige,nude eye shadows! Perfect for a night out! Love it!