December 19, 2014 | 891 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Extra Thick Lashes

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2005 10:58:00 AM More reviews by chispa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. I am not exactly blessed in the eyelash department, but with this mascara? I don't know quite how to describe the effect except to say I go from nondescript to ... slutty. When they say Extra Thick, they mean Extra Thick. I do find it a bit clumpy, but not overly so - there are other mascaras that are much worse. It makes my lashes so thick that liner would be overkill. In fact, the effect is so substantial on me that I'm going to go back to get the product in brown. A first for me - since I always use black mascara. But right now, I feel like when you look at my face you see eyelashes! I'm thinking that the brown might make the look a little less jarring and therefore...perhaps perfect. I'll update if that's the case. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2005 12:21:00 AM More reviews by SpoiledAznChic

love this stuff. like other users, it is a bit dry. it thickens my lashes so well and keeps my curls. i would definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2005 9:01:00 AM More reviews by ziggy_medusa

I bought this on the spur of the moment and had never used revlon mascara before. I am not a fan of this mascara- the look it gave was average, it irritated my eyes and made my eyelashes stick together (i.e. the top and bottom glued together!)I have long eyelashes and this just didnt do anything fabulous and had many irritating features to boot! Not attrocious but not good-would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 1:38:00 PM More reviews by auras

Pretty good product for my thin lashes, didn't clump and I actually saw some increased volume, not spectacular but the difference was obvious. I think I would buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2004 5:53:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

First of all, I am a self-professed mascara addict. After my co-worker with the lush lashes disclosed that this was her favorite mascara, I decided to give it a shot. It was pretty cheap, about $6.
It does thicken... after like 3-4 coats... but then by that point, it starts to clump. The effect is very similar to Maybelline's Volum'Express Turbo on me. And then, when you try to comb it, it leaves little flakes all over your face. The formula is very dry, and left my lashes kinda hard... not exactly the soft, kind of come-hither lush lashes I'd wanted. And, this doesn't lengthen AT ALL!!!
The only thing that I like about this is the packaging... the brush has bushy bristles that are short and long, and looks cool... don't think they actually function, though!
I definitely wouldn't purchase again! I'll still to L'Oreal Voluminous for drugstore brands!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2004 11:53:00 PM More reviews by SilkySinner

This stuff seperates my lashes and makes them nice and dark. It gives me lots of lashes! I love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2004 9:11:00 PM More reviews by Lippyloo

Yay! A waterproof mascara that really lengthens, thickens, and separates as well as my beloved L'Oreal Voluminous and Maybelline Volum'Express. I love this and will use it for my wedding day (I was previewing it for that purpose). You do have to stroke it on repeatedly to build up the lash look you want, but lashes truly look flawless when you're done and there is no need for a lash comb. The applicator dispenses just the right amount and the mascara stays on ALL DAY without smudges. I ain't just advertising here. Bonus: I went to reapply for nighttime glamour, and NO CLUMPS!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2004 6:26:00 AM More reviews by mizzypuss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because I love thick, long, dark dramatic lashes, and I'd never tried any of Revlon's mascara before. Where most lash-thickening mascaras create a heavy, thick, sticky, clumpy, whorish-looking mess, this mascara doesn't do that so badly. It also didn't really make my lashes that thick, long or dramatic. This mascara also clumps up horribly on the application wand, and the formula dries out too easily, even inside the bottle. My mascara was goopy, flaky and grayish within a month. A big dissapointment.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2004 12:26:00 AM More reviews by phitius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Extra thick? I don't think so. This barely added any color and no thickness at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 1:39:00 AM More reviews by sanarae

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you like va-va-volume glamour lashes and/or love Lancome Definicils (but hate the price)...you might just love Extra Thick Lashes as much as I did. It's become my HG! No clumping -- defines and plumps each lash, and if you curl beforehand it keeps your curled eyelashes in place all day. It does dry out pretty fast though, and if it dries it *will* clump. Which might account for many of the negative reviews below.