April 18, 2014 | 1570 users online

Cleansers - Olay - Oil Minimizing Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This was a great toner, I used the entire bottle. I may not have sensitive skin, but I can say it did not sting or irritate my skin in any way ever. It's pretty gentle but effective. It contains an unspecified amount of witch hazel. I may use it again as it's only $5, but I recently tried using witch hazel as a toner for only $1.50. This smells better than witch hazel, but that's b/c this probably has a fragrance? Either way, I find them equal in effectiveness, so for now I'll stick to the more natural witch hazel.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by ShashaLoveU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I went to my local drug store and found this product. I had clear skin before buying this product but my forehead would usually get oily so i thought about giving it a try. After i washed my face i've put it on before going to bed to see if my forehead would still be oily the next day. Few hours later I went to the bathroom and when i looked in the mirror, i saw that my forehead started to have tiny bumps but i thought it was nothing and didn't care much. after a whole week of using it, it make me break out like hell! and it spread to my cheeks! the only reason i continued using it it because i thought that my skin still hasn't gotten used to the product... i honestly regret its been almost 3 months now and i still have pimples and whatever i use, it doesn't woke at all! and it's even more difficult since it's winter and my skin in also getting dry...

BOTTOM LINE: regret buying this, i'm really disappointed, made me breakout within 5 hours , smells bad, itchy feeling right after using it... don't buy it, really not worth it.
WOULD I BUY THIS AGAIN?: haha... won't use it even if i get it for free...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I am not really sure if this is minimizing my oil production on my face since I have really oily and acne prone skin.. This is a great cheap toner just to remove all the grim on your face after a long day of wearing makeup! I only use this at night time because I find that over-washing or over-cleaning can cause more oil production.. There is a strong fragrance, which is definitely a con! BUT/..

I highly recommend this to those who just need a cheap toner. I wouldn't recommend this to normal to dry skin because it is pretty drying since it is alcohol based.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 8:11:00 AM More reviews by blushingsoprano

I don't normally comment, but this product changed my life. I have very oily skin in the t-zone and kept changing foundations, primers, and used Urban Decay's Deslick spray. Nothing was keeping me matte all day, and I was getting really frustrated. When I found this toner and started using it morning and night, I noticed almost an immediate difference. While I still use the DeSlick spray, it seems this combination has been enough to keep me matte ALL DAY. Yesterday I didn't even have to blot ONCE, which is unheard of for me!

Since this toner is so inexpensive, definitely give it a try. It did not overdry my face, and when I use a light moisturizer afterwards, my face feels lovely and clean but not tight. Amazing product!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by CupcakePetal123

I have sensitive and slightly dry facial skin. (Combination) So I am very picky about my facial products. I don't want something with tons of alchohol becuase it dries me out, but I also want something that will really deep-clean my skin. So I tried out Olay's toner. I am astonished that so much scum and dirt could be lifted off my face! I am in love ith this toner. I like the fresh scent, how it moisturizes so well, and how it cleans my skin so much. I would DEFINITELY buy this product again becuase I use it every single day :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2012 10:06:00 PM More reviews by hoodoo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked the way this toner worked, but I couldn't deal with the super-strong fragrance. It's just suffocating. Had to return this.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by rosiepalms

Despite having Alcohol in this, it doesnt dry out my skin useing AM and PM. I have oily forehead and dry nose/mouth area. Smells good, feels good. Thanks Carrie Underwood!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by chanelm095

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fairly oily skin and I apply this after I clean my face every morning when I go out. I find that it works well but it doesn't really help control my oil and it makes my acne seem more visible. But it does what a toner should do which is to remove excess dirt so I'll definitely re-purchase this unless I find something that works better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Olay Oil Minimizing Toner, formerly known as Olay Refreshing Toner, is a toner meant to "remover dirt, oil, and makeup without stripping skin's essential moisture". This toner is dermatologist tested and is made of fairly simple ingredients. Unfortunately, Olay does test on animals, so keep that in mind before purchasing their products. I can't find any info about where this product was made on the bottle, it just says "imported". I purchased this 7.20fl oz (212ml) bottle at Rite Aid for $4. This is a product I've been using for several years, so I think I can give a solid review on it
Packaging for Olay's toner is actually pretty appealing. A tall, rounded rectangular bottle made of clear plastic, with a beige screw on cap. The label features the Olay girl and a wave of water. Looks pretty. The front and back label offer a good amount of product information.
The toner it's self is an aqua colored solution with the same viscosity as water. As I said in the introductory paragraph, the ingredients are pretty simple. Really it's just a mix of water, alcohol, witch hazel, and aloe. You could probably make this at home for cheaps, if you're a DIY kind of girl.
Despite the second ingredient being alcohol, this toner doesn't dry out my normal to slightly oily skin at all, and I use it twice a day. Perhaps the aloe cancels out the drying affects of the alcohol. Applied to the skin on a cotton ball/round, this toner has a cooling, slightly tingly, pleasant feel to it. This toner tightens pores slightly, but not enough for those with very large ones. Oil Controlling Toner does what it's name would indicate, it removes excess oil, as well as residue left from your cleanser, and any makeup that got left behind. I wouldn't depend on this as a makeup remover though.
I also like to use this toner on any pimples I get, as it helps to dry it, and helps with the infection. It really helps pimples clear up and heal quickly.
Olay Refreshing, and now Oil Controlling toner has been my go too toner since I was 11 or 12, so it's a product I've come to know and love. I strayed from it once, when I ran out in Australia and couldn't find it there, so I bought Clean&Clear's Oil Controlling Toner, which just couldn't compare. It was much more drying, and didn't have that refreshing, witch hazel scent that I've come to find comforting.
I think it's pretty obvious that I recommend Olay's Oil Controlling Toner. It's perfect for those with normal to moderately oily skin. Those with severely oily skin might want to look into the Clean&Clear one, those with dry skin will definitely want to use something without alcohol. This toner absorbs oil without drying skin out, minimizes pores to and extent, smells good, feels good, and looks good. I can't really ask for much more in a toner. This is a product I'll continually repurchase for quite a while.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 9:59:00 AM More reviews by chai24

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this for 2 years already, it freshens my oily blemished skin. Lifts dirt and oil, I use this every day and I couldn't leave the house without this. My daily regimen includes this.