October 2, 2014 | 1799 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by adamj2004

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is absolutely amazing. It gives an incredible amount of volume for a fraction of the price of other powders. I have purchased several times and will continue to do so. It has an odd cooling sensation which is nice for summer and it can be a bit difficult to wash out but it is SO worth it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I will start off by saying I have never used a hair volumnizing powder before so this stuff was a 1st for me.

So I was watching a youtube video and saw a review for this and was intrigued. Off I went to Walmart and got this for $2.98 and the next day tried it and have been using it for 2months now.

Holy impressing!!!!!!!! This lil powder is amazing!! My hair is super naturally curly and after I straighten it tends to lose volume and stay flat (wich I like but I don't like it "dead" flat if that makes sense lol) wether I sprinkle this directly on my roots or apply it with my hands this stuff gives me the volume and texture control I want. My hair feels a tad sticky wherever I use this but thats to be expected.

This doesn't leave my hair matted or full of residue and its easy to wash out.

I will be using this HG status hair powder for a long time and for $2.98 at Walmart its a steal!!!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2013 6:59:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this as a free trial through BzzAgent. I was happy to try this because I tend to have flat, oily roots with zero lift. I was not expecting much being drugstore products do not really do much for my hair. This took me by surprise! I tried it like the directions stated by pouring into my hands and then fluffing into my hair. It did give me some body, but not enough. So then I poured it into my scalp and doing it that way was great. My hair was left full of lift and volume. I like that this is instant so you can choose when to do it even last minute. There were a few downsides for me. This did get very sticky if I overdid it so you have to be careful when applying to do a little at a time until you get the right amount of volume. This would not work if my hair was even slightly oily which is a disappointment for me. Despite these two issues, I think this is a great product at a great price and will be buying when I run out of it.

Update: I have tried using this again and I always end up disappointed with how sticky it makes my hair. I have found it stays sticky and only really goes away after I have slept on my hair. Otherwise it stays very sticky and feels icky running my fingers through my hair. For this reason I barely use this. I also do not like the scent of this. I think it is an ok product, but it is not something I reach for often.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by brittbrat118820

I received this product as part of a bzzz agent campaign. I haven't tried any other Got2be products but I was curious about them because they're inexpensive and I always notice the cute packaging. I was very excited to try this because I am always looking for products to volumize my fine hair. This powder works very well. It gives my hair lasting volume, especially when I tease it. My only complaint is it turns your hair into a sticky mess if you use too much. I just pour a little on my roots and massage it in. I should note to that I am blonde so it doesn't leave any visible residue, but if you have darker hair it might. Overall a great product at an affordable price!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Shizuku2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my HG hair products now. I'd never used a "hair powder" of any kind before this one, and it's cheap and readily available, so why not? Background info on my hair: I have pretty thick hair (strand-wise), but it's not very dense, it's about 3 inches past my shoulder, and it's also colored and highlighted with salt and pepper coming in. The texture can also be described as "puffy" at times (high humidity). Because my hair's not dense, it can look rather limp and flat all over. After using this powder, wow suddenly i have TONS of volume, and it lasts! Before, i'd use hair spray and a teasing comb for volume, now i don't even have to use either. Just sprinkle some of this in my hand or directly on roots, massage in and fluff up, and i'm good to go. Sure, it feels alittle stiff, but it's not as bad as when i used hair spray in my roots. The only downside (which can be pretty important to some) is that it definitely leaves a thick residue in your hair, that you can feel pretty much until the next time you wash it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/19/2013 5:00:00 AM More reviews by Beausoph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very sticky, dry and unnatural feeling. I had to wash my hair right away after putting this in. I was unable to pull my fingers through my hair - it turned my hair into a dry mat. Even after washing my hair, some of the weird sticky feeling was still left. If you want natural, touchable hair, this is not it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff. I haven't put any special styling into my hair in years, always just wash it and brush it, partly laziness and partly just never knowing what to do with it. This product, however, is so incredibly easy to use, and makes my long boring and sometimes flat hair look more interesting and sultry. Last weekend at a party, I wore it and was told I had "after sex hair". It doesn't stay perfect all night, but I just push it up a bit at the roots when I'm in the bathroom and I'm good. It's effortless, but it does its job. My kind of product.
ETA: To use it, I just tip a small amount into my hand, and lightly rub between my palms to distribute it. Then I flip my hair and head down and sort of work it into my roots and upwards. Flip my head back up, tousle the roots a bit more, in an upward motion. Then you're going to want to wash your hands to get rid of the product residue.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by lizakaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I already have back ups of this amazing powdered schtuff. I use this after I dry & style as a volume boosting finishing product just at the roots. I don't put it in my hands, I just split my hair apart revealing the scalp and tap some schtuff at the roots, then do the bend-and-snap and fluff up at the roots with my finger tips. I can work it like a Vegas showgirl on a weekend night fluffing a little more & spraying a little at the volumized roots. This is the exact same product as Schwarzkopf Osiris that costs a lot more, and I buy this schtuff at the local drug emporium. My normally very fine slightly wavy hair usually gets all slippery and limp after a blow job, but with this I'm ready for the VS swimsuit catalog hair wise if not in my thighs. Rawr.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by indiajane

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

For volumizing, I HATED this. It made my hair gross and matted looking at the roots and I was totally unable to brush through the rats nest I had created. HOWEVER, this stuff is a miracle for getting your extensions to stay put! I had a pair of homemade extensions that I never used because the clips were a bunch of crap. No matter what I did they always slid out of my hair with the slightest tug of the extensions. I decided to shake a little bit in the places where I clipped the hair and OMG, I can tug so hard on my extensions and they don't move at all! And because I only put the powder where the clips are on the underside of my hair, it doesn't look gross and it easy to wash out since its only on select places. Now I don't have to worry about my boyfriend accidentally ripping out my fake hair ;P

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by knganderson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Awful stuff. It's very sticky, making application sometimes painful and often balding because you end up ripping your own hair out. Tapping powder directly onto scalp is no better, as the only effect is to make hair sticky, matted, and clumpy. I used this for a party, then had a hairdresser friend of mine try to help my hair a little when I got there, and she told to throw out whatever I'd used on my hair. I followed her instructions. Waste of money.