MAC Bronzing Powder

4.2

zinc stearate, isostearyl palmitate, lauroyl lysine, silica, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, magnesium myristate, phenoxyethanol (+/- mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, bismuth oxycholire, carmine, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake)

on 9/14/2012 8:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

It's no surprise this product delivers.My skin is really pale and MAC's bronzing powder in Golden still gets to look nice.Also I often get blemishes after using heavy make up products like MAC's professional ones, but this bronzer is heavenlike!Buildable,stays in place.

on 8/26/2012 12:45:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in the "matte bronze" and I really like it. I don't notice much of a difference between this and Nars Laguna, and I believe Mac's is a little cheaper. I agree with the other reviews here that say it's difficult to get the color onto the brush, for some reason. You have to swirl it around several times to get good results. I use it everyday- it's natural enough for the office and gives me enough of light tan/glow so that I don't have to wear blush.

on 7/6/2012 1:02:00 PM

I love the color, but the color is hard to get onto the brush without digging it into the pan or swirling many times. Even swatching the color comes with little payoff. It's a good build-able bronzer, the color is nice (I have the Matte) and is good for subtle color and contour. It works especially nice in the fall when you don't want any shimmer but are still trying to keep a tanned face. I don't think I'll repurchase for the plain fact, I don't think I'll ever get through it.

on 12/25/2011 12:20:00 AM

ANOTHER UPDATE: Unfortunately, after using NYX's bronzer for over 3 months, I found that it was causing me clogged pores. I'll be returning to this bronzer as it never did that for me. I just wish it had the same color pay off as NYX.

UPDATE: I found a much better and cheaper dupe: NYX Matte Bronzer in Deep!

ORIGINAL REVIEW: I was an avid user of NARS Laguna but was tiring of how the shimmer was making me look in sunny lighting. I decided to give this a try in Matte because a salesperson told me that the shade was very similar to Laguna. I wish the color pay off was better, so that I don't need to mash my brush into this in the compact. Despite that effort, it does show up nicely on my NC35 skin and I agree, it's similar in coloring to Laguna, though not as orange, perhaps just a tad bit muddier. Otherwise, I'd say this is a good, but not stellar, matte bronzer that looks good on me in all lighting. I use it both as contouring and sweep it on my cheeks as blush and it works fine in both areas.

on 11/12/2011 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I am a NW35 in MAC pro longwear foundation. I bought the MAC Bronzer in "Matte" and it has been a great product. I have been looking for a matte bronzer because too many products have far too much shimmer for my liking. It doesn't give your face a "dirty / muddy " look but more of a natural bronze sweep across your cheekbones. Exactly what I was looking for! I recommend this product.

on 7/30/2011 4:12:00 PM

My favorite bronzing powder! I used to have the MAC duo sculpt & shape in (Lightsweep & Shadester) and it was my favorite product. Especially the Lightsweep used for highlighting. However, I dropped it one time and it broke into pieces and I haven't been able to find a replacement since, since the duo is just a limited time product. I'm still on the hunt for a highlighter as subtle and amazing as lightsweep, but after a few different bronzers I found MAC's bronzing powder and love it. I like how it's so matte and it makes the sculpting much more subtle. I have chubby cheeks so I'm obsessed with bronzers that can make my cheeks look slimmer and this definitely does the job. Unfortunately, it doesn't last me very long and I have to reapply it to keep it up in about 2-3 hours.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My face always seems to be 2 shades lighter than my body (without make-up!) so I thought I would try this bronzer in Matte Bronze to make my face and body look like they are part of one person again. I am NC 20-25 and the shade looked a bit dark in the pan but it's a completely different story on the face.
I used my Mac 187 (duo fiber stippling brush) and buffed it along my cheekbones then sweeped it lightly across my hairline and chin. It somehow makes my face look so much healthier and glowy without any shimmer! I am usually drawn to shimmery and sparking blushes/bronzers/highlighters but this matte bronzer convinced me that matte powders can also have the same effect but with a more natural finish. This gives me an subtle tan look and *maybe it's in my head* but I think it also slims the appearance of my babyfat cheeks!

on 6/17/2011 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE THIS!!! I love to have a nice bronze face, so I love bronzers and I find that MAC has the best ones! I have used Golden which is very nice and has some sheer to it, but my newest favourite is Bronze which is matte, and it is dark, and I love it, I use it all over my face, either on clean skin or on top of makeup and its flawless. I have fair skin, so I was afraid this would be too dark, but it really isnt at all. I don't even buy blush anymore because I find this works best on my cheeks as well, all year long!

on 3/12/2011 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This bronzer is just okay for me. It is really nothing too special or something I find myself reaching for often. It doesn't seem to show up all that well on my skin (and I am very fair) and I feel like this bronzer can sometimes look a little blochy or streaky no matter how well I blend it. At $22, it is decently priced as far as bronzers go (which can get pretty expensive), but I would recommend spending the extra ten dollars and getting a Nars bronzer.

on 2/23/2011 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I really love this bronzer! I have it in the shade "Golden," and I think that shade works best with fair skin tones. It has a bit of shimmer but nothing too over the top in my opinion. I use it to contour my face, nose, all around my hair line and jaw line and I really like it because it's not very dark. Will definitely repurchase.

Popular Bronzers