Nuxe Reve de Miel Hand & Nail Cream

3.7

aqua/water, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, dimethicone, glycerin, pentylene glycol, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, behenyl alcohol, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, arachidyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, cera alba/beeswax, mel/honey, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, rosa moschata seed oil, parfum/fragrance, tocopherol, coco-glucoside, caprylic/capric triglyceride, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil unsaponifiables, tocopheryl acetate, arachidyl glucoside, carbomer, glycine soja (soybean) oil, ethylhexylglycerin, carpylyl glycol, allantoin, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter) extract, tetrasodium glutamate diacetate, 1,2-hexanediol, sodium xydroxide, argania spinosa kernel oil, calendula officinalis flower extract, hordeum vulgare cera/spent grain wax, tropolone [N2001/A]

on 4/26/2012 10:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

* My Hands - Normal. Drier in the winter.
* Review – This hand cream is ranked #1 on the French version of MUA and since it's by one of my favorite French beauty brands, I just had to give it a try. This is non-greasy, non-sticky and moisturizes quickly into the skin. There is no lingering residue whatsoever. It also has a captivating scent so if you like the scent of the Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse and don't suffer from severe crocodile skin hands, then you might want to give this a try. The scent of Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse always reminds me of summer and the scent of this hand cream doesn't fail in expectations. This nourishes, soothes and comforts the hands with sunflower oil, rose muscat and sweet almond oil, barley extract, argan oil, shea butter, acacia honey and vitamin E. Previously, I tried the L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream but I found that way too rich and too thick for my hands. This is much better suited for me. I also prefer this soft upright tube to the aluminum tube by L’Occitane.
* Note - For severely dry cracked winter hands, I don't think this will provide enough long term comfort.
* Tip - For extra TLC, I like soften my hands, nails and cuticles with sweet almond oil after washing and then follow-up with this hand cream to lock in the moisture. Works like a charm.
* Price - A 75 ml tube retails for about €13
* Verdict - I am quite pleased with this and I would not hesitate to repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this hand cream.
The smell makes me feel like I am really divulging in luxury products. It smells just like their dry oil for those of you who have used it.
As for its effectiveness; I use it as a daily maintenance, so when my hands are not dry but would like a bit of moisture and a lovely luxurious scent.
However, when my hands are flaky, dry and chapped (ewww) it sadly does not deliver on relieving my hands from their dryness. Therefore if you are looking for relief from seriously dry hands, this may not be the best hand lotion out there for you.

on 5/31/2011 3:12:00 PM

This hand cream just didn't work for me. After half an hour it left me with dry itchy hands. I got this uncomfortable feeling, like I needed to wash my hands. And the smell could be more of honey. I had much better results with cheaper hand creams.

on 1/17/2011 7:13:00 PM

This is not a Gold Bond type of cream or anything that will really heal your hands if they're in bad shape for whatever reason. But it is pleasant to use, and I do like it for every day. It smells very Nuxey. It smells nourishing.

On the tube it says 'for all skin types' but it should say 'for all skin types except very dry'.

Absorbs extremely quickly. Will soften hands and provide comfort but doesn't give that "deeply moisturized" feeling.

Try it if you're a hand cream junkie.

on 12/4/2010 12:35:00 PM

This is awful. The smell stays on for so long, and it's way too strongly scented for a hand cream. My hands stays greasy for hours, so instead of softness I'm sticky. Great. I do like Nuxe in generalt, but not this cream.

on 8/11/2010 6:08:00 AM

I actually never owned this handcream, but yesterday I tried it in a shop. The texture is nice, for sure, but what bothered me was the very very strong smell, that didn´t even fade over time. It wasn´t honey-like at all to me, just fresh and stingy, like a very strong washing detergent scent. Usually I´m not so sensitive to smells, and I like scented products a lot, but this one was just way too much. Reason enough for me to not buy this product.

on 7/5/2010 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This product smells intoxicatingly good - quite herbally and fresh. It is very hydrating and leaves my hands soft and well moisturized throughout the day. Would highly recommend!

on 11/2/2009 7:34:00 PM

Wow! This hand cream feels amazing. It really softens up my hands and cuticles. It works great on my nails as well. I wear nailpolish a lot, so after I remove it my nails get all dry and yellow. It smells good too, and it's also non-greasy. This hand cream has helped a lot with it. Too bad I only got a sample, but after I am done with my current Body Shop hand cream, I am DEFINITELY purchasing the full product of this.

on 7/9/2009 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This was my first Nuxe product and I fell in love with the brand. I love the smell of their stuff. I bought this for my friends and family as a gift. I used it back when I did not have eczema on my hands and it made my hands soft and silky. I have never come across any other hand creme that did a better job and I had tried so many. It is not that thick and doesn't feel that rich but it is very moisturizing. Perfect for hands which have done hard work with cleaning detergents and so on. I recommend this to anybody. Makes a perfect gift for someone you know not so well but want to give them something luxurious and nice to use because everybody needs a good hand creme once in a while.

on 6/24/2009 6:54:00 PM

I chose this cream in the pharmacy as it claims to also work for nails. It has a pleasant, slightly sweet smell, and it does absorb very fast. However, it doesn't really improve the condition of my skin or cuticles. The package is nice compared with other pharmaceutical skin-care ranges, but that's really about it. It's also VERY costly compared with other available hand cream in pharmacies. Majorly disappointed. I will not buy it again.