Smashbox Full Exposure

3.5

Water (Aqua, Eau), Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (Cera Carnauba, Cire de Carnauba), Polyisobutene, Polyvinyl Acetate, Glyceryl Stearate, Paraffin, Silica, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Polyester-5, Isostearic Acid, PVP, Hydrogenated Olive Oil, Olea Europeae (Olive) Fruit Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil Unsaponifiables, Cholesterol, Panthenol, Pantethine, Kaolin, Nylon-6, Laureth-4, Hydroxyethylcellulose, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Simethicone, Sodium Polyacrylate, PTFE, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-DI-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain/Peut Contenir: Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140).

on 12/6/2014 11:19:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my go to mascara, I love everything about it! The formula is wet so it does wonders on my thick eyelashes. I curl my lashes, do two coats to decrease clumping, and the curl stays all day. I wear this stuff even when working out and it stays in place the whole time. Another upside is that it removes easily with makeup remover. I wouldn't recommend this product to girls with thinner lashes since the formula is wet, a drier one would build better for that type lashes.

on 12/3/2014 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I got this from the Smashbox Wondervision Set in Flash and I almost threw it out. ALMOST. I have asian lashes that are stick-straight and are pointing downwards, so when I got this, I was not too happy because the formula was wet and even though I curled my lashes, it would not hold the curl. So why the 5 star rating?

I noticed that my eyelashes were much longer and are separated after one coat of the Full Exposure mascara, so I thought, why not put my clumpy Maybelline Waterproof Falsies on top of it to see if it would hold the curl? After all, only waterproof mascaras are the only ones that hold the curl for my lashes in the tropical country I live in.

So I did one coat of the Falsies, and voila! I had beautiful, fanned out, LOOONG AND SEPARATED eyelashes that looked like I was naturally blessed with them!! I tried my Fairy Drops Platinum Waterproof on top of that, and BAM! I went from being "naturally blessed" with pretty lashes to looking like I really had Falsies on. So much volume, length, and drama! I don't know how to describe it at all.

You're probably thinking that I must be crazy to pile on that much mascara. Well it's only one coat for each of the Full Exposure and the Falsies to seal the curl and waterproofing. No spider legs at all, and even when I added the Fairy Drops on top of it, it did not clump and my lashes did not feel heavy or crunchy at all. The best part is that the curl did not budge and the upward angle of the curve did not droop at all. (It's a miracle!)

Without the Smashbox Full Exposure Mascara, I could never achieve fanned out and separated lashes. I know that this is a mascara, but for me, I use it as a base to give me lots of eyelashes and length, then I use a WATERPROOF volumizing mascara such as the Falsies on top of it. The best thing about using this mascara as my base is that I don't have to use so much of my HG Fairy Drops Platinum Mascara :)

on 12/1/2014 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Believe it or not, I like this mascara even more than the beloved They're Real! by Benefit.

After receiving a mini size of this as a sample from Sephora and trying it for around a month, I decided to give the full size my attention and went out to buy it.
It's surprisingly only $22 CAD which I find pretty reasonable for a higher end mascara so +1 point there.

The brush is large and easy work with once you get the hang of it. After using Telescopic (with the teeny skinny brush) it was a little awkward to use the big brush of Full Exposure but with a few days practice, I'm loving it!

The mascara covers natural eyelash colour well and is very black in colour. I find I only need to do one coat of this and it doesn't clump at all. If you were to put multiple coats, I'm sure like any other mascara, it would begin clumping.. however you can you a different spoolie to fix that.

It lasts all day and although it is a non-waterproof formula, going over it with a topcoat such as The Body Shop clear eye and brow gel, it does work well with it.
It adds noticeable volume and length to my lashes.. I always receive compliments when wearing this!

Love and definitely recommend :)

on 11/13/2014 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I received the sample version when I purchased the full exposure eyeshadow palette.

This mascara was alright. On it's own, I found that it didn't hold a curl well. It did do a good job of thickening and volumizing but none for lengthening whatsoever. I like to layer this mascara with my HG one, which is the maybelline full n' soft waterproof Version.

I would not purchase the full size of this product.

Edit (11/17/14): this mascara makes my contacts get all gross and weird. Definitely would not purchase the full size.

on 11/7/2014 12:31:00 PM

I received this as a sample and just tried it. It does nothing for my lashes and it runs. I walk my dog in the morning after doing my makeup and whenever I come in my mascara has run and its pretty embarrassing. I hate trashing like barely used products but would not dare passing this on to anyone.

on 11/7/2014 8:15:00 AM

Hated this. Got it as a sample in some kit I purchased and it did absolutely nothing. I was disappointed as I had heard such good things from friends of my who love make up just as much as I do. I only used this twice and then just ended up trashing it because, it was just a total flop for me

on 10/13/2014 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I got this in a set at Ulta w a lipgloss ($10); so I don't think it's full sized but WOWWW! This stuff is awesome! I love how black the formula is. I do wish it was waterproof but this is sex kitten black w length/volume/a bit of curl. I don't normally buy non waterproof mascara but this was an impulse buy I will admit although I don't regret it. I kno this mascara retails for about twice as much "alone," so it was a good deal. (FWIW the lipgloss is pretty good too). This is great for just wearing some powder, this lipgloss, & this mascara! The packaging is slick, faint scent (nothing major! It goes away), the brush is so awesome coz its huge so it separates & easily gets every lash.

on 10/12/2014 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara is a great voluminizing mascara and great at thickening the lashes without making them clumpy. It doesn't smudge or give you panda eyes throughout the day. I would recommend this to those looking for a mascara to thicken and separate the lashes rather than give them length as this isn't the best at lengthening your lashes.

on 9/28/2014 3:01:00 PM

I picked this gem up for 1/2 price at Ulta last week. I love it! I'm a big fan of large brushes, and this one is perfect for me! The formula is great, it adds loads of volume that lasts all day and so far (cross your fingers!) hasn't smudged at all. Will definitely buy again.

on 9/28/2014 12:09:00 PM

This mascara is great! It holds the curl in my lashes all day, which for me is amazing as my eyelashes can be quite stubborn sometimes and don't stay curled. But this mascara makes them stay curled and fabulous all day, and night if I need it. It gives my lashes volume and emphasises their natural length (fortunately I'm quite lucky to have naturally long eyelashes.) It separates them evenly, they don't clump together or make my eyelashes look like strange triangles. Overall, I love this mascara and will definitely be purchasing it again!

Top Rated Smashbox Products