August 29, 2014 | 1815 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Trader Joe's - Spa 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Miracle product that is so affordable! Everyone woman should own this!

what i like about jojoba oil
very gentle on skin
can be used as a moisturizer
can be used a makeup remover
refines pores
keeps skin hydrated
adds a vibrant glow and shine to skin
mild smell
inexpensive
has improved my acne and redness in skin
oh and did i mention it was inexpensive???

i love using this after giving myself a facial. It rehydrates my skin and gives back added moisture. Makes my skin smooth and vibrant!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for removing makeup and leaves my skin glowing! I think it will be too heavy for me to use on my face in the summer, but I loved it in the winter for my combination skin. A little goes a long way and it manages to break down and remove my makeup including eye makeup without bothering my sensitive eyes or clogging my pores. Makeup remover wipes are more convenient, but I recommend Jojoba oil with flat cotton pads instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by loveover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love using this as a moisturizer for my horribly oily, acne prone skin. It doesn't break me out, or leave a film on my skin like most moisturizers do. After I wash my face, I quickly pat my face dry and then massage a 2-3 drops onto damp skin. A few minutes later my skin is smooth and supple, but not greasy. I sometimes a few drops before cleansing to break up any heavy foundation on my face. It removes my eyeliner like a dream too! Overall, I'm in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by aprilelisabeth

I'm know jojoba isn't for everyone, but I think most of the bad reviews used too much of the oil. The trick is to use as little as possible. When I initially tried jojoba oil, it worked for a week, but then my pores started clogging like crazy. I stopped using it, but decided to try again when one reviewer said the oil clogged her pores until she realized she was using too much, and the same was true with me. Less is more. I got a cheap travel-sized spray bottle make it easier to apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This jojoba oil is really good. I always use it as a dual-purpose cleanser and moisturizer at night to remove makeup. Nothing I have ever used removes makeup quite so well. Jojoba is a very safe product, even for those with oily/acne-prone skin. It has actually been quite beneficial for me, as it has made my skin less blemished now that I don't use any other sort of cleanser or moisurizer. If you have acne(especially moderate to severe), give this a shot, and I bet you will be happy you did so.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by maggi27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this oil alone for OCM (oil cleansing method) and it works great at removing makeup plus light moisturizing. My OCM technique is to apply a quarter-sized amount of jojoba to my dry face, gently massaging with a circular motion. After 20-30 seconds, I steam my face with a warm clean microfiber towel (just wring it in hot tap water) and keep it on for 10 seconds, later using it to gently wipe away the dirt that the oil brings out my pores. I repeat this step once and then splash cold water on my face.

This oil extracts junk gently from my clogged skin and removes makeup completely. It also works as a light, non-comedogenic moisturizer (3-4 drops). No discernible smell or side-effects. I use OCM on my face once every other day, alternating with an oatmeal scrub and yogurt mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

The price and quality of the Trade Joes jojoba oil is fantastic because it only costs a few dollars for a decently big bottle. (Before you buy, look out for any cloudiness at the bottom of the bottle. I'm not sure why, but 1-2 of my bottles have been cloudy at the bottom and it worries me that it's fungal growth. It could be something with how its treated or packaged though, since all my bottles are new and sealed!)

I started using this oil in the winter because my oily skin needs a bit more moisturization but can't tolerate thick lotions very well. This oil is great for holding moisture to the face and softening the skin, although it's VERY easy to use too much. The best method I've found is to mix 1-2 drops of this oil with a pump of my normal lotion (either Neutrogena Body Lotion or Cerave Lotion) and rub it into my skin. If used alone (or if you use too much), this oil can be a bit hard to spread and sits on my skin for hours. However, it spreads very easily when mixed in with lotion, and it absorbs much quicker when used this way. You need less than you think you need! I don't recommend more than 3 drops for your face unless you want to look like a disco ball.

I am taking off a lippie 'cause the Trader Joes packaging sucks. It's very hard to just get a single drop out of the bottle, because it tends to just pour out too much. I'm going to pour out some of this oil into a dropper bottle so hopefully it'll solve that problem.

EDIT: I am acne-prone and clog-prone, and this oil (technically a wax) does not break me out. Always patch test anyhow before use. YMMV.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by venegirlhouston

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how quickly this oil sinks into my skin. Unfortunately my oily oily skin freaks out when I try to use this prior to foundation. So it has to be a night time moisturizer for me. It works especially well after doing my aztec clay mask which is a bit drying but also amazing btw

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by smithgirlva

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love Trader Joe's Spa 100% Jojoba Oil. I have oily facial skin and dry skin on my body. I use this oil on both areas and my face become moisturized and not as oily and my body is free of itchy dry skin, I mix the 4 ounce bottle with one cap full of Trader Joe's Tea Tree Oil. The mixture of the two oils has improved the condition of my skin and my nails. My nails are healthy looking with white tips for the first time ever. After washing my hands I apply the mixture to my hands. The only negative thing I can find to say about either of these products is the packaging needs improvement as the oil always puddles under the bottles after sitting for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Cheshiercatt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I read the reviews, went to Trader Joe's and bought the Jojoba Oil, and I am very glad I did.

I use just a few drops on my face and neck after washing my face at night, and after my morning shower.

It has made a very big difference in evening out my 'rosacea ravaged' skin, and helps minimize the itchiness.

It's unscented, it's very versatile in mixing with other facial products, and I can use it on my eye area, lips and all over my body if I choose.

My only quibble is the packaging as the oil can easily dribble out of the sides and lightly coat the bottle. However, I can't think of any way beside a pump to better package the product, so when I go out of town, I simply pack my bottle in a separate plastic bag.