Maybelline Brush/Blush l (pink tangerine)

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/27/2003 8:05:00 PM

This really doesn't show up on me unless I really layer it...It gives me nice golden glow. I would buy again cause of the glow it gives.

on 2/26/2003 2:22:00 PM

This is a decent blush- a light peachy pink with a goldish shimmer- and will suit me fine until I save enough pennies to buy Orgasm. My only issue with it is that the grains are on the largish side, though in my experience this is true of most Maybelline products. Also, the packaging leaves a bit to be desired (brush is bad and the sticker that held the blush shut won't come off & left a mark). But I got this on sale for like $1.50 at CVS so I really can't complain...

on 2/16/2003 4:21:00 PM

I bought this because it is a 'look a like' of a more expensive product. I was not disappointed, it showed up pretty well on me, I am fairly pale, it was a little too 'frosty' for me, but I have a feeling that in the summer, with bronzed skin ( self tanner ) it will look much better. It gives a nice 'flush', not a lot of color that I see. But sometimes I just want a little something, and this is just enough.

on 1/27/2003 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I have not used Maybelline products in years... but with all the rave over this color on MUA I just had to try it. I've been wanting Nars Orgasm for a while but I keep telling myself no b/c blush is my weakness. I have about 20 different colors already, and by far this is one of my favorites. I'm a PPP with medium/dark Brown hair, so I always need some color and this give me a nice pinky/peachy glow. It looks very natural on me, and when applied with my Lancome Fiber Optic brush it looks like I just have a nice glow! I would rec. this since it's only about 4$ at Walmart.

on 12/25/2002 1:57:00 PM

This is light, gritty and chalky looking, the supposed shimmer shows up like white chalk on me. The color falls all over the place when applied and hardly shows up on my PPP skin. Splurge on Nars orgasm instead.

Well this is my first blush, bought it cause I heard that it looks a lot like a NARS blush... But I dunno this doesn't show up and it has way too much of that tacky little shimemrs in it so I'm just gonna toss it

on 8/25/2002 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I confess, I bought this purely based on all the buzz regarding it as an inexpensive version of Nars Orgasm. I still don't own Orgasm, but quite content with Pink Tangerine. It is not very pigmented. I have to apply a couple layers until I can see the results...a beautiful but subtle flushed glow. The color itself is barely noticeable, but the shimmer is. It also hasn't broken out my blemish-prone skin. I am probably one of the few that prefers applying it with the provided brush. IMO, it picks up the color a bit better than my other blush brushes.

on 8/2/2002 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Never thought I'd ever be buying Maybelline blush again but the recs on this board were so good I had to try it. I was looking for a pretty peach shade and this is definitely it. Can't compare it to Nars Orgasm because I don't have it, but it is very similar to Prestige's Flushed without all that glitter but has less pigment to it. IF I can get enough of it on it looks great on me and the shade is just right for my coloring. However, you have to apply a LOT of it to get any color and then it feels a little heavy on your skin. Seems to have pretty good staying power, but would probably have to be touched up for a long night out. Glad I have this, but probably wouldn't buy it again. Can't beat the price at $5.99 even if it's not perfect!

on 5/26/2002 3:34:00 PM

This is a blush that doesnt have a whole ton of pigment. (Which i dont mind since it is cheap, and with my pale skintone, its easy to go overboard with blush) It has a pinkish peach color, and some shimmer. I didnt really notice the shimmer that much until i used i matte blush for a dance performance and saw the difference.
It is one of the cheapest blushes (at least for the ammount of product you get) at the drugstore, and the whole line of blush has alot of shades to choose from.

on 5/10/2002 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Edit to old review: had to stop using because dermatalogist said it was bad cause of the oils!!!

One of my favorites! I just re-discovered this blush (one of my middle school favorites)! Very pretty natural peach shade that works well with my PPP skin. I do have to use a good amount of product to get it to show up, but at around $5 it's almost as nice as my $16 MAC Trixie sheer shimmer powder!!!

Popular Blush Products