September 22, 2014 | 1904 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this with my bronzer. It's the perfect size for my face. Too big for blush application, but great for powder/bronzer. I love how it doesn't "scratch" my skin like other bronzer/powder brushes I've used. It's so soft and I really like how the bristles are shaped.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 8:09:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush is extremely soft! It gets the job done as a blush brush nicely, although i prefer to go over my contour/bronzer and it works amazingly for blending everything out and making it look soft and natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 5:31:00 PM More reviews by danielleeheart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Super soft and great for a perfect, natural flush!!! I use this everyday to apply my blush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ItsmeBritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! You can apply your blush very slightly but also very heavy with this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such an unique blush brush! It may seem big, but I only pick up my cream or powder blushes with the very tip and let the tapered bristles do all the blending. I'm not a fan of the look where blush looks deliberately placed instead of a natural flush. So this brush is perfect for my application. I have a small face and I swear this isn't too big at all!

This is also great for powder application! I use the sides of the bristles and can set my makeup with loose powder really quickly.

The only thing I don't like about this is the extra large base of the handle. I know it's supposed to stand on its own or whatever, but who really does that when it can be so easily knocked over? I want my brushes to fit into the pencil holder I use to hold my brushes. And this one just takes up all the space.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is great if you're opting for a more natural look! I have this blush that is extremely pigmented that if you're not careful, you'll end up looking like a clown. This brush blends it like a dream and I end up looking natural with this hot pink blush!
If you own more natural blushes, this brush works just as well! However, I do find myself dipping the brush into the blushes just a little more, since this does not pick up the product as easily. It's no time waster though, I overall love this brush, mainly because of the way it bleeeends.
The bristles also feel soft on the skin IMO. I didn't need to wash the brush as often as recommended since it does not absorb the product deep into the bristles..
Another plus from the Real Techniques line!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

With all the positive reviews, I really thought I'd like this more, but when I had a chance to feel the bristles, I was not impressed. As far as synthetic brushes go, these are not the softest out there. It actually feels a bit rough in comparison to my Lilique angled blush brush, which is the same price (or a bit less?) at Winners. The Lilique also has more density so it picks up pigment better and places it perfectly. I guess it just goes to show, don't fix what ain't broke. I'll be passing on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I can understand how some people would find this brush a little too big for applying blush. If you dont watch what you are doing you can easily end up looking abit barbie like however I find it is best to use it with a light hand for a dash of blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like some of the other reviewers, I also use this to apply my loose finishing powder instead of as a blush brush. It's just too large and soft to apply blusher, imho. The shape really allows you to get under the eyes and all over the face without being TOO large. I truly love it as a powder brush, though, and you can't beat the price. I actually keep it standing up on my vanity next to my container of loose powder, instead of in my cup with my other brushes. FYI- for blush application I love the Ecotools Tapered Blush Brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really lovely brush... however I use to apply setting and finishing powders instead of blush because it's too big for my cheeks.
Sturdy, well made, light handle, self standing (if you need it), super soft, tapered bristles, doesn't shed, easy to clean, quick to dry and really reasonably priced.
Winner!
Ironically, I also have the powder blush and use it to apply bronzer and for buffing in powder products.
I think these are top quality products for an affordable price, so if it doesn't quite work for it's intended purpose, try it for something else!