Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Allure's best of beauty award winner for bronzer brush. It is a very good bronzer brush that deposits just the right amount of color on my face. I feel that the brush is too large for a blush brush. I prefer a smaller, angled blush brush.

H

I really like this brush, but I use it for bronzer, not blush. For me, this brush is too big to apply blush. My face is on the small side. But for bronzer, I haven't used anything else since I bought this brush, and I don't want to.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This blush brush cost $9.00, and I'm still not sure if it was worth the splurge.
The brushes are soft to the touch, but when I grazed them along the face they seemed a little brusque at times.
The shape of the brush is pretty awkward, and I am honestly not sure how to use it, for applying blush. It is a circular brush tapered into a dome, and it feels awkward to apply it using techniques like: 'Applying to 'the apple of your cheeks',or using 'the nike symbol'.
It is also too big for certain areas like the bridge of the nose if you use bronzer.
This is an okay brush, and I like 'Real Techniques'. I'm just not sure if I'd use it as a blush brush.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a nice round fluffy blush brush and it was surprisingly hard to find one that worked for me. Also I got sucked into the angled blush brush trend but really didn't like that at all. This brush is big and fluffy but the pointed shape helps apply blush with precision. Love this brush! And so inexpensive! Totally on par with other brushes 4 times the price. HG!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't use this for blush it's way too big for that, but I love it for overall powder an bronzer I love it for that. Great brush

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use loose blushes from Bare Minerals and this brush picks up the perfect amount of powder and distributes it evenly across my cheeks. It works as well as much more expensive brushes. It has the perfect amount of bristles that are tapered and once applied to the cheek, the blush is soft and pretty and never streaky. This has quickly become my favorite blush brush. It's larger than other blush brushes I have but it's tapered point ensures the correct placement of the blush. However, I don't think it would work well for cream blushes because the bristles are far to fluffy and a cream product wouldn't go on smoothly. But it's perfect for powder blushes and I'm so glad I purchased it. I have been very happy with all my Real Techniques purchases, including the setting brush and the makeup sponge and the several blush brushes I own. These gals really know their stuff and they obviously realize that you don't have to spend a mint to get quality makeup tools. Their products have been excellent additions to my collection. I definitely recommend this blush brush.

Just meh. This brush is very difficult to have a precise application for blush and does not pick up a lot of product, even for blushes from brands notoriously known for high-pigmented blushes such as Nars). The bristles feel prickly and cheap. My $7 no-brand blush brush did a way better job than this one and had soft bristles (although okay, $7 is 50 cents more than I paid for this brush on Amazon). Could work better as a powder brush, but it's called "blush brush" so a bit annoying that it's terrible as a blush brush. I wouldn't bother purchasing, especially if you are more used to blush brushes with angled cut on the bristles for more precise application.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a huge blush brush. The bristles are super soft and I love the tapered head. I don't generally wear blush since I have rosy cheeks. I bought this to use with my Guerlain Meteorites. It does a good enough job but I ended up getting a Hakuhodo B110 to use instead. The natural Goat (Sakoho) bristles do a much better job of picking up the product. I use this brush now for my pressed Double Wear Powder and it makes the application just beautiful. The tapered head gets into the areas around my nose with just enough product and the application is beautiful. I washed it at least seven times and it has not shed at all. I would say that I highly recommend this brush as it is beautiful and well made.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Really like this for powder

This is a lovely soft brush, but is way too big to apply blusher with! If you have to try, prepare to look a little too flushed!!!

Popular Makeup Brushes