August 27, 2014 | 1869 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Blush Brush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2014 2:43:00 PM More reviews by ItsmeBritt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this brush! You can apply your blush very slightly but also very heavy with this brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 10:15:00 AM More reviews by reverie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is such an unique blush brush! It may seem big, but I only pick up my cream or powder blushes with the very tip and let the tapered bristles do all the blending. I'm not a fan of the look where blush looks deliberately placed instead of a natural flush. So this brush is perfect for my application. I have a small face and I swear this isn't too big at all!

This is also great for powder application! I use the sides of the bristles and can set my makeup with loose powder really quickly.

The only thing I don't like about this is the extra large base of the handle. I know it's supposed to stand on its own or whatever, but who really does that when it can be so easily knocked over? I want my brushes to fit into the pencil holder I use to hold my brushes. And this one just takes up all the space.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by bunnygrl468

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

This brush is great if you're opting for a more natural look! I have this blush that is extremely pigmented that if you're not careful, you'll end up looking like a clown. This brush blends it like a dream and I end up looking natural with this hot pink blush!
If you own more natural blushes, this brush works just as well! However, I do find myself dipping the brush into the blushes just a little more, since this does not pick up the product as easily. It's no time waster though, I overall love this brush, mainly because of the way it bleeeends.
The bristles also feel soft on the skin IMO. I didn't need to wash the brush as often as recommended since it does not absorb the product deep into the bristles..
Another plus from the Real Techniques line!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2014 10:14:00 AM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

With all the positive reviews, I really thought I'd like this more, but when I had a chance to feel the bristles, I was not impressed. As far as synthetic brushes go, these are not the softest out there. It actually feels a bit rough in comparison to my Lilique angled blush brush, which is the same price (or a bit less?) at Winners. The Lilique also has more density so it picks up pigment better and places it perfectly. I guess it just goes to show, don't fix what ain't broke. I'll be passing on this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:35:00 AM More reviews by purplepolkadots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I can understand how some people would find this brush a little too big for applying blush. If you dont watch what you are doing you can easily end up looking abit barbie like however I find it is best to use it with a light hand for a dash of blush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 12:12:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like some of the other reviewers, I also use this to apply my loose finishing powder instead of as a blush brush. It's just too large and soft to apply blusher, imho. The shape really allows you to get under the eyes and all over the face without being TOO large. I truly love it as a powder brush, though, and you can't beat the price. I actually keep it standing up on my vanity next to my container of loose powder, instead of in my cup with my other brushes. FYI- for blush application I love the Ecotools Tapered Blush Brush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really lovely brush... however I use to apply setting and finishing powders instead of blush because it's too big for my cheeks.
Sturdy, well made, light handle, self standing (if you need it), super soft, tapered bristles, doesn't shed, easy to clean, quick to dry and really reasonably priced.
Winner!
Ironically, I also have the powder blush and use it to apply bronzer and for buffing in powder products.
I think these are top quality products for an affordable price, so if it doesn't quite work for it's intended purpose, try it for something else!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Makeuppro5sugarbabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best brush ever ! It's fits my cheekbones perfectly and applys blush So flawlessly the size is perfect and the bristles are so soft the product glides on so easily and perfect this brush is my favourite out off all of the real techniques line :)) amazing brush I really recommend !!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by countrybearjamboree

I can't believe I'm giving this brand a negative review. I absolutely adore Real Technique brushes and own almost all of them. This blush brush intrigued me because of the unique shape. I have a HG blush brush from a different brand which is an angled brush so I really didn't need another blush brush but I had to get it to check it out. The brush itself is still consistent with the brand's quality. This brush is built strong, sturdy and doesn't shed. I have my problem with the size of the brush. I have an oval face with slim sides and no prominent cheekbones. This brush is too soft and too big to apply blush to my cheeks. Because the bristles are is so soft, it doesn't pick up enough pigment. Also, the large head just applies product all over the sides of my face! I've tried to work with this brush several times before I called it quits.
Two Lippies are for: 1. Price 2. Quality Made

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- soft
- doesn't shed
- tapered

CONS

- none

COMMENTS: This is large for blush (obviously), but I love using it for contouring. It looks much more natural when using a brush that's more on the fluffy side and this one is perfect. I also love that it's tapered and can be used for setting powder, as well.

Will repurchase.