Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 5/23/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this blush brush! I'm a fan of all their brushes actually ^.^ I also have the stippling brush, powder brush and the eye makeup starter set. This blush brush is so soft but packs a perfect amount of blush. Exactly the right size, and the way it's cut is also excellent. Price is fine, not too steep, and they do last a long time.

on 5/22/2015 12:21:00 PM

This is the fluffiest and softest brush I ever owned. Was a little apprehensive at first as the brush seems too large and I couldn't grasp the right method to apply my blush. After getting it right, it was amazing! I dap the brush on the blush powder and dap it onto my cheeks instead of swiping/swishing it.

on 5/7/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The texture of this brush is the softest and smoothest I have ever felt in my life.
I don't use it to apply blush or powder however. I use this as a tool for final and seamless blending of all the products on my face.

on 5/6/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this brush has its time and place. i really only find it useful when applying a really brightly colored blush, because it applies product very, very lightly. i've also used it for powder highlight when i want a subtle but not targeted effect. this brush is a little large so you wont really get precise application, and it cannot pick up a lot of product at once and that can make it really frustrating to use. if you want a light wash of color, this brush is for you. but it is not dense enough to apply more than that.

on 5/3/2015 3:29:00 PM

I bought this brush as it's so chubby and cute. I had reservations over the large size as my face is not big and my cheekbones quite pointy. However, I like how it applies blush. It's more a wash of colour than defined placement but I want that effect sometimes. It blends as it applies.
It's not the same effect as using a smaller brush repeatedly. That's too much color for me!
You could also use it for bronzer.
It's not scratchy. Texture wise, more like velour than silk.
edit: one star deducted as it only works with certain blushes. With shimmery blush it seems to pick up too much shimmer, with pale blushes it takes too long to build up colour. I find it best for brownish blushes that I couldn't wear before. The sheer application allows my natural redness to show through so it's more flattering.

on 4/30/2015 8:07:00 AM

Real cheap but quality wise is awesome.
Had low expectations but was impressed.
It applies the blush quite lightly (which is how i like it!)
I hope that once I was it it will stay this way.

on 4/29/2015 6:00:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this brush. One of the girls I watch on YouTube showed hers and it looked really big and fluffy and perfect for blush. I ordered one from ULTA.com and it is much smaller and less fluffy than the one she had. I don't find that it is very good at applying blending out blushes. It just kind of leaves a thick stripe of pigment on the cheek. I prefer to use my e.l.f. complexion brush to apply my blush. I paid about $10 dollars for this Real Techniques brush and I would not buy it again.

on 4/29/2015 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Great brush, blends beautifully - seems big at first but you get used to how to use it for your face and get comfortable with it after a couple of times. Love this brush - an absolute yes!

on 4/4/2015 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

LOVE THIS BRUSH!!!!!!!!!!

pros-
it really picks up the product
applies lightly
good quality
looks more expensive than it is
they are vegan-not made of animal!

cons-
quite expensive for a drugstore brush

on 3/31/2015 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

it's awkwardly large to be used as a blush brush if you don't have huge cheeks. still a very soft brush and high quality for the price, however. if you have big cheeks, maybe this would be a good option for you!

Popular Makeup Brushes