December 18, 2014 | 1400 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - It's Potent!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2014 5:40:00 AM More reviews by JetJockey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Benefit claims this product reduces dark circles and fine lines, but it did neither for me. It's not very moisturizing, either. If you have dry under-eye skin that needs some TLC, look elsewhere.
Also, while looking at the ingredients list, I noticed that it contains straight alcohol, fairly high up on the list. No wonder it's not moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am not overly impressed with this eye cream. I am fortunate that I don't have fine lines or crows feet yet, so this cream does keep my undereye skin hydrated. It seems to lighten any mild darkness under the eye. Is not greasy or cause makeup to cake under the eye. Still looking for my HG eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by mayanii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I didn't know that this product contained alcohol, which explained the slight tingling sensation I feel each time I dabbed this on, but that did not affect my usage in any way. Yes, I do have sensitive skin yet this eye cream was mild enough to yield results and not cause any breakouts or irritation.

A bit of background about my eyes. I typically do not care about fine lines and wrinkles although I have noticed the abundance of them lately. It's Potent was a free gift and I decided to try it out. As someone with double eyelids, I'm prone to occasionally having an extra crease each time I rub my eyes too vigorously. For that, this eye cream has helped immensely. I notice a smoother eyelid area. And although my undereye circles aren't too dark, I find that they're less dull after I've applied the cream.

Since it's my first eye cream, I'm holding off the idea of purchasing it when it runs out. But let me assure you that it's not as terrible as the other reviews make it appear to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2014 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Snugsack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product...is my absolute favourite eye-cream. Such a shame to see negative reviews, however I do understand why in some cases.

Let me start off with the fact that yes this product is expensive but cheaper and bigger than high-end eyecreams, and yes this product is probably not good for sensitive skin. Why? Because it contains alcohol. This can cause a stinging sensation around the eyes especially after you take off your makeup and your skin is a bit raw from using wipes or what not. This all depends on your skin type and how your skin reacts to it. I urge you all to try it because if it works for you it will do wonders!

Try it out before you judge. I use this at night and in the morning, using my ring finger to pat the skin around my eyes gently. I bought this together with Erase Paste from benefit and as much as I love how fantastic Erase Paste is, I hardly need to use it now. Erase Paste is saved for serious emergencies and serious tired dark eyes/eyebags now.

Today is Sunday and I'm using it right now in the day to treat my skin, free of makeup. It has been almost a week since I've been using this cream. Went to look in the mirror and I feel like I don't even need to use concealer under my eyes anymore. This cream has seriously brightened up my dark circles. I do not have severe dark circles, so if you do I think this product might take more than a week to see results.

I'm hoping this eye-cream works for more people out there than just me, because I think it will really perk up your confidence like it has mine. I'm loving it so much! Hope I helped anyone out there looking for the perfect eye-cream.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by sweetie2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have genetic under eye dark circles and sometimes sensitive skin. I got a sample of this and tried for a few days (less than a week) by applying with Q-tip and found it help reduce brighten the under eye area. I have been eating healthier the last few days but my sleep pattern didn't change much. I have used Borghese eye cream, the Body Shop vitamin C eye cream and Clinique all about eyes, but I found them causing oil pimple outbreak around my eyes. Benefit it's potent hasn't caused any outbreak (yet). I didn't experience sting nor burning feeling like others did. If the sample continues to improve my dark circle issue and I run out of it, I might buy it again. I am also tempted to try eye product with retinol to prevent aging because I am in my late 20s.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/21/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by Ancora

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish I'd read these reviews before testing, because I experienced the same terrible stinging as many others have. Granted, I do have sensitive skin, but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, regardless of skin type. It also made my skin feel puffy and swollen.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Olinda73

I'm kind of sad to see that this has such terrible reviews! Wow, i got this first in a benefit sample pack, and I used it religiously as I have terrible dark circles and bags under my eyes. I ran out and had to go buy another because this stuff worked for me, I know we are all different and have different skin types but for me, it worked miracles!

For reference, i have combo skin, with dark hereditary circles and bags, I am 23 but used it since I was 21. Love the smell too! I would recommend the sample first of course, just in case it fails miserably for you, but I also used the sample every day only in the morning before my makeup.It took about a week to notice a difference.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by jwudy

Received this as a cute sample in a cute glass jar.
I wanted to like it but I just couldn't ignore the fact that it caused a stinging sensation upon application

The jar was cute though. Did I mention that?

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got It's Potent! as part of a sample kit from BeneFit. I'm not really worried about dark circles or puffiness under my eyes, but I figured I'd try it since I got it for free. I applied it under my eyes in the morning every morning for about four weeks.

Thankfully, I didn't experience the stinging and burning sensation that other reviewers mentioned. Nothing you put on your face should feel like it's burning off your skin. That's my philosophy.

As far as its effectiveness, zilch. Whatever dark circles I had didn't look any better after applying this eye cream. I actually felt like applying it made my eyes look greasy and shiny. Don't try to put on under-eye concealer after using this stuff. Unless you're going for the black eye look.

I didn't have the same bad experience a lot of other reviewers did, but I certainly didn't gain anything out of this eye cream. My guess is there are a lot better and cheaper options out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by sophie94

Although I'm only 19 I was told it was best to start early with eye creams. This eye cream is horrible. Like others when I applied this my eyes stung like mad! The stinging lasts ages and is very unpleasant. Also it has a strange smell almost of alcohol? Would not recommend this and will be sticking with Bobbi Browns eye cream in future.