July 25, 2014 | 1738 users online

Treatments (Eye) - BeneFit Cosmetics - It's Potent!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:42:00 AM More reviews by jwudy

Received this as a cute sample in a cute glass jar.
I wanted to like it but I just couldn't ignore the fact that it caused a stinging sensation upon application

The jar was cute though. Did I mention that?

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by crobertson01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I got It's Potent! as part of a sample kit from BeneFit. I'm not really worried about dark circles or puffiness under my eyes, but I figured I'd try it since I got it for free. I applied it under my eyes in the morning every morning for about four weeks.

Thankfully, I didn't experience the stinging and burning sensation that other reviewers mentioned. Nothing you put on your face should feel like it's burning off your skin. That's my philosophy.

As far as its effectiveness, zilch. Whatever dark circles I had didn't look any better after applying this eye cream. I actually felt like applying it made my eyes look greasy and shiny. Don't try to put on under-eye concealer after using this stuff. Unless you're going for the black eye look.

I didn't have the same bad experience a lot of other reviewers did, but I certainly didn't gain anything out of this eye cream. My guess is there are a lot better and cheaper options out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by sophie94

Although I'm only 19 I was told it was best to start early with eye creams. This eye cream is horrible. Like others when I applied this my eyes stung like mad! The stinging lasts ages and is very unpleasant. Also it has a strange smell almost of alcohol? Would not recommend this and will be sticking with Bobbi Browns eye cream in future.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by Anastasia93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this cream when i was buying the PoreFessional, which I love, and I didn't really think I needed it as I'm only 20 and don't really get dark circles. But it's exam season and my eyes do look tired so I tried applying it and I put it directly under my eye and it stung like hell (even after hours it's painful to touch that area) and did nothing for my weary looking darkish eye area.
There was no indication anywhere on the packet what you're supposed to do with it.
I don't think I would bother with it again, and will probably stop using the sample as well.
This is strange for me, because I pretty much only use Benefit cosmetics and I was very happy with all products I've gotten from them up till now.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2014 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Blondebeauty2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Now that I'm over thirty, I've been trying many different products for anti-aging, fine lines and wrinkles, and puffiness(I don't understand why 18 and younger would be trying this product, very odd to see some of these reviews.) I stumbled upon this product and it didn't do anything for me. In fact, it stung my skin horribly. I didn't even get close to my eyes, so that was not the problem. I just have very sensitive skin and my face just didn't agree w/these ingredients.. With that being said, all of us women over a certain age will go to great lengths to stop the aging process so I did continue to use this product even w/the stinging. Hey, pain is beauty right lol. I never did see any results, no brightening, it didn't help with fine lines/wrinkles, and def didn't do anything for puffiness. The stinging effect does only last a few mins but I found this product to be greasy & never really soak into my skin well. I've had better luck with cheaper products and I don't recommend this product.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 10:45:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Not sure why 19 yr olds are worried about aging skin or anything and would know if this worked or not, but I digress. This is not anything special. I have dark circles and am 39 about to be 40. I think I would know at this age as will most women above 30 if this works. It doesn't.

It does not fade circles or brighten anything. I got better results with my Equate brand eye cream that cost me 4 bucks. No joke. This stuff is unbelievably expensive at $34 for .5 oz. Ridiculous. Don't waste your money on this stuff, its just overpriced moisturizer.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by SierraFoFerra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just used this product for the first time last night and was very worried due to all the negative reviews. Man! Don't listen this eye cream is awesome. The texture is very smooth and rich, I applied a semi thick layer (dabbed on) all over the user eye area. I did feel a slight warmth (but no burn or irritation) under my eye area. Now it's morning, and even after a restless night with my infant the usual purple/dark blue pigment to my under eye area has completely vanished! Love it, definitely definately definately will continue to use this product. So impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:05:00 AM More reviews by sweettigress505

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this as a sample. It is very smooth and creamy, which I like. The smell is nice and I didn't have the burning problem that others are saying they had. However, it actually made me have bags under my eyes instead of taking them away. I tried it on 3 separate nights and each time woke up looking like I'd been crying all night my eyes were so puffy underneath. So, maybe you're just supposed to use it as a day cream. I will say that it seems to be moisturizing and made the skin feel very soft.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 2:16:00 PM More reviews by Boha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used this for a month. It says it helps to fade dark circles. I didn't notice any changes. I also didn't find this hydrating enough and I have oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by AzureTe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually received this as a sample in an Ulta order and have given it a couple of weeks' trial (the sample is pretty generous). I didn't experience any serious problems...and I didn't experience any noticeable results. This doesn't even hydrate as well as many drugstore eye creams. I'm not sure what the point of it is but I'm very glad I did not spend money on it.