October 21, 2014 | 1855 users online

Lips - Korres - Pomegranate Lip Butter Glaze

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Bubica70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for an MLBB-type product that would look both enlivening and natural and was steered towards this. I love the stuff in the pot, but hate digging about with grubby fingers. Most unsanitary. This seemed like a good compromise. Anyhow, in the shop mirror, this looked fine; however, on closer inspection in the bathroom mirror at home, it appeared gummy, uneven, line-accentuating, and....and...orange. I am a NW20 with freckles and blue eyes, and corally shades can look quite pleasing on me, but this honestly looked as if I had melted a road cone on top of the stove and slapped it on. Most disappointed was I, figuring I would again have to take another dud back to Sephora and admit shame and defeat, while the black-jacketed Sephora girls tut-tutted at the crazy impulse-buy lady. However, I had a stroke of inspiration. I mixed a little of this with a blob of Bigelow Ultra Mentha Lip Shine...voila! Perfect consistency! Enough rich warmth, and yet not overwhelming or fake. Now would I buy it again? No. Too thick and lurid on its own and not moisturizing enough. A shame, as I like Korres.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 1:52:00 PM More reviews by sarahlouisejones

i have this in 'quince', suits me great. i also have it in 'pomegranate' but its a bit orange on me really

pretty moisturising but not amazing, also doesnt last too long. its been usurped as my go-to lip stuff by revlon lip butter, which also comes in a tube, so no more sticky fingers

LOVE the colour quince though, best thing about this little pot

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Glitter13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in wild rose and I love the way it feels in the strong red color that is still sheer. Perfect for a work lip or a party lip because the sheen isn't so shiny but the color is bold so it's a perfect match. The only thing I wish was that it was a tiny bit thicker. Otherwise, so far so good would buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by msponn10

Having been obsessed with the lip butter, I thought the glaze would also be to my liking. However, it was way too sticky for me. Also, very overpriced.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2012 6:36:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

I got this in Pomegranate and it is a gorgeous colour. It really is pretty. I also like that it is a squeeze applicator. That being said, I don't understand why the word 'very moisturizing' pops up in many of the reviews. There is nothing moisturizing about this product. It's sticky, tacky. The only way I can think of how to describe the stickiness... think of sucking on a lollipop and rolling it around your lips and wait for 5 secs before smacking em. Yeah... that sticky. Having to drag your hair away from your lips is so not sexy... especially when there's colourful streak marks across your cheek.

Perhaps the lip butters in the small circular containers are better, but I dont think that I'll be trying them out. The glaze turned me off.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by autumnrainbow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Eh, to me these are not as good as the lip butter in the jar. They are okay but the formula is more of a glaze. I use the butter at night for moisturizing, I think this one might be more convenient on the go for a daytime tinted balm, but I prefer the other one overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 6:09:00 AM More reviews by mintyeon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I would say the packaging is cute and simple for on the go, the only con about this product is it's price. It's quite pricey. The pomegranate lip butter glaze is my favorite gloss of all time! It provides a really nice coral color to my lips and it also provides just enough shine! :) I usually don't like using lip glosses since I feel like it makes my lips look oily, but with the lip butter glaze, I don't feel that way. It moisturizes my lips as well! My lips look so plump and healthy! I love this and I'd totally repurchase! Definitely would like to try more shades~!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As far as Korres' comparable lip products go, I prefer the glaze to the lip butter. It's thicker in consistency, stays on my lips longer, and isn't as shiny. I don't really like using squeeze tubes, so I squeeze the product onto my ring finger and then dab on my lips, blot with a tissue to make it more of a stain, and top with any lip balm. The scent is soft and lovely, and I've gotten several complements from friends I've applied this in front of. I love this product and will repurchase in the future!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by candied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only downside to this product, I think, is the expectations that come from being named a "Lip Butter Glaze." I'm a Korres Lip Butter fan, and upon hearing that they were coming out with the glazes (not in a pot, yay! in a squeezy tube, YAY!) I was jumping for joy. However, these really are NOT the same. They are very nice, moisturizing, pigmented glosses, but truly are NOT Lip Butters in a tube. My main disappointment comes from the fact that all Lip Butter Glazes (at least the ones I have -- Jasmine, Pomegranate, Quince, Raspberry) are all vanilla-scented. Had they kept the same scents as the Lip Butters, these would have been absolutely perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I think these are great. I don't understand the negative reviews. My lips look pinker and fuller with this on. Its moisturizing, too.