April 20, 2014 | 1302 users online

Other - Vaseline - Petroleum Jelly with cocoa butter

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by frecklesnroses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, maybe smearing a petroleum product on your skin is naughty, blah-blah-blah... but, add me to the loud, proud population of ladies whose mothers and grandmothers used Vaseline their whole lives and died at 100 with gorgeous skin.
At 39 (*vomits a little*) my skin has just become dry enough to handle the, well, Vaseline-ness of this one, and even now, I don't use it every night. When it's extra dry/cold outside, I use it as my night moisturizer, over rosehip seed oil and a thin coat of coconut oil. I use the Vaseline only on the driest parts-- for me, that's around my mouth and eyes.
I also slather it generously, all over, after using Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle pads, 2-3 times a week.
I don't guess I need mention (but here I go anyway) that it's great on feet, lips, hands... pretty much anything that may be feeling dry.
I love that it's a big $2 for over 7 ounces. I love the sweet, comforting cocoa butter scent, which I have come to equate with nite-nite. :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by JadoreNelle

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on whim last week to sooth my tortured cuticles. It worked great at healing my tired nail beds. It works great on your feet, elbows, knees, dry skin and your bum! It will leave your skin moisturized and feeling protected from the elements. I only bought a small jar but I will be going back to pick up a few fulls sized jars for myself and my mother. Great price too! It works WAY better on my feet than the Burt's Bees Coconut foot cream and its about half the price for twice the product. Bye, bye Burt!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by Xochipilli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great! I have the big tub and I use it primarily on my lips, crows feet and cuticles. It feels nice and smells good. I think it leaves my lips softer than regular lip balm. I'll have to try some of the other uses suggested in the reviews.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

This heals and protects my lips quicker than any other thing I have ever used, including the Chapstick brand. I remember my lips were horribly chapped and painful when I went to Alabama on Christmas. The skin was coming off all over my lips because the cold wind had dried them to the point they were burning a lot (I still got a scar). I put this on and it aleviated the pain and helped my lips heal quickly.
This lasts over the lips a very long time too! I don't really like the packaging but I love this stuff! You won't regret buying it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by fergiefergie

Bought this because of all the glowing reviews. I hate to be the odd-man out here, but I don't like this at all. The reason being is the gawd-awful smell. I'm not a person who is picky or sensitive to a product's scent. But this is sickeningly sweet and gross. Good thing I bought the small 7g size to try. The few times I've used it, the scent flips my stomach. I'm tossing this out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I love this stuff. All the benefits of regular Vaseline, and it smells divine. I don't find any difference in product between the Cocoa Butter scent vs. regular Vaseline, only the yummy scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by jessicaclink88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have really bad rosacea which has gone from just red dry cheeks to now having small bumps I absolutely lovethis product! I apply it at night and have found that my rosacea is controlable and less easily irritated miracle in a jar! Will definitely keep on hand

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by wynterskyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this!!!! I am currently on Accutane and dealing with the dryyyy peeling skin and lips and this stuff works wonders my lips are so moisturized with this I also love using it for eye makeup removal and appky it to eyelashes and eyebrows to keep them hydrated

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 11:03:00 PM More reviews by mommyof4girls

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Miracle in a jar! I have very dry skin..especially in the winter. So I started using as a moisterizer (night only) on my face just because I had tried everything else. O my goodness! This stuff is amazing! It even shrunk my occasional pimples! I don't know how or why...cocoa butter, maybe?? Idk, but I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by youngpunkk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me preface this whole review by stating one simple fact: I am in love. I purchased a big tub of this stuff to use primarily as a way to treat and fade some old scars that I have. I knew petroleum jelly would help, but I figured the added benefits of cocoa butter would make it that more effective. It smells amazing so I don't mind having it on my skin, and it also works for pretty much anything else, like others have stated here -- lip conditioning, dry feet and elbows, stretch marks. This stuff is great.

Also, the packaging is perfect. The lid flips open so that it's easy to use, and I think the rounded shape of the jar is really cute and aesthetically pleasing.

It's going to take me forever to use this up, but when I do, I will definitely repurchase.