September 20, 2014 | 1760 users online

Shampoo - TRESemme - Climate Control Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by faithbt4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm sad! Hair looked awesome but about 30% of bottle usage, I had a very itchy scalp and LOTS of dandruff. =( Switched to Head and Shoulders for a while, now...

rated 1 of 5 on 9/22/2011 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lconchado

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As I am frequently outdoors and live in Florida, I was looking for a product that would protect my thinning hair from the sun. I have short hair and wash it daily. My scalp had a reaction to this product from the first time I used it. Since I had purchased such a large container of shampoo, I used it for about two weeks, with no improvement in the itching. As my hair was becoming dull and dry, and my scalp was continuing to itch and flake, I discontinued use and went back to my old product. One use and the itching has stopped. I could very well have had an allergic reaction, but I will not use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 4:19:00 PM More reviews by helerycelerie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

First impression: When you buy TRESemme, you get a lot for a very good price. 32 ounces for under $5 is definitely worth a try. The shampoo, in its black container, and the conditioner, in white, are very easy to tell apart, even when you're in a rush. This shampoo/conditioner has a very mild scent that won't clash with other products or perfumes, which is wonderful. Furthermore, there aren't any useless coloring agents added just to make the products look pretty. The shampoo is transparent; the conditioner is a translucent white.

I've been using this shampoo/conditioner for about a week now, and I love it! I've gotten tons of complements on the softness of my hair, and it hasn't been as frizzy, even considering our hotter-than-normal summer. Whether or not it directly protects my hair from the climate, the shampoo is a good basic cleanser, and the conditioner is well balanced. The conditioner contains silicones that could potentially build up over time, which some people don't like, although I find it helps my very curly hair maintain its structure. All in all, I really like this product, and I'll certainly buy it again.

Down Side: These bottles are too big to fit into a suitcase for travel.

Bottom line:
A no-nonsense shampoo that makes your hair look great at a decent price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by bookwrm896

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this shampoo/conditioner. I have tried so many "hydrating" or "moisturizing" shampoos/conditioners to try and minimize my frizzy hair. This finally worked! Thank you TRESemme!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 6:47:00 PM More reviews by MissHeather137

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best ever! I heard about it on an advertisement online and had to check it out. I have many other of their products and I love them all as well. It does everything it says it will. I have very impressed. The bottle are huge to and they were really cheap also it smells very nice. (=

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this shampoo/conditioner! it works great. I was kind of skeptical before buying this, but it does everything it claims to do so I was happy. It's cheap & it doesn't leave any residue or anything. I have really thick, curly hair and it works great for blocking humidity. I straighten my hair, and it actually works great for that too. I would reccommend, there is nothing to lose. One of the better shampoo/conditioners i've used in a while. In my opinion, it works better than some high end products. & it smells fantastic. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

FINALLY! A shampoo that lets my hair adapt to the muggy outdoors of pre-summer Virginia. This is probably the best shampoo in the TS line I have ever used. I have been using the TS products for over 20 years now and I absolutely now swear by this shampoo. The only small criticism I have (but not enough to bump it down a lippie) is that the clear formula seems to slightly dry my hair out at first. Then, after blowdrying, it miraculously comes to life and the frizz, and dryness virtually disappear. Other than that, it smells wonderful, works very well and lasts until my next shampoo. This stuff rocks, conditioner included!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by shannon804

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Desperate to be rid of the layers of frizzies that come with the humid climate I live in, I tried this because I thought this product couldn't do much harm. This shampoo/ conditioner duo makes my fine hair very smooth and doesn't dry it out. It does tame the frizzies I get when it's very humid. I can't judge the claim that it blocks UV rays (this doesn't really matter to me), and I am not sure how it might protect your hair from wind (?!), but this is the best product I've tried so far to combat Humidity Hair.