April 20, 2014 | 1009 users online

Moisturizers - BeneFit Cosmetics - b right triple performing facial emulsion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by kpennock

I got a couple sample packets of this with my last benefit purchase..and I think one from Sephora. I really enjoyed it. It is a thick, oil free facial moisturizer. I think it would be amazing at night and for those drier days during the day. I definitely think I would purchase a full size once I get through a few other moisturizers.

It also smelled very pleasant. I don't love the price but it made my skin soft no question!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample size of this moisturiser after purchasing several Benefit makeup items - I hadn't heard much about their skincare line as they are so renown for their makeup products, so I was excited to try this. This moisturiser claims to be oil-free and contain SPF, so I was hoping it would be an all-rounder moisturiser to wear throughout the year and take care of my difficult sensitive/combination skin. A full size bottle retails for 19.50 for 50ml.
My favourite thing about Benefit is the packaging which is always beautifully designed - even down to the sample packets, which is a squeezy cardboard tube - easy to apply but dries up at the opening between uses. I used a tiny amount of this moisturiser in the morning before applying primer and foundation for 2 weeks. It felt light to apply, appeared to sink in well and didn't feel too greasy, but the over-perfumed floral fragrance was too strong, especially for something designed to go on oily/combination skin that would already be easily irritated.
After the 2 weeks, my skin didn't feel any dramatically different - still the same amounts of oiliness and dryness on my sensitive/combination skin and leaving me a bit sick of the pungent floral perfume.
My Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit oil-free moisturiser has much more noticeable results and costs less than half of what this does, with much better results - why would I pay 19 for just an average moisturiser? I'd use it if I got it as a gift but definitely won't be going back to purchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Benefit's Triple Performing Facial Emulsion is a "sheer, oil free, broad spectrum SPF 15 facial sunscreen lotion". Benefit says that this moisturizer 'hydrates, protects, and comforts the skin with an oil free, lightweight formula. contains exclusive ultra moisturizing ingredients to help capture and maintain water on the skin's surface." This moisturizer's broad spectrum SPF 15 protects against UVA/UVB radiation. This is my third moisturizer from Benefit's relatively new Radiant skincare line. I got a tiny 8.9ml (.3fl oz) bottle in the Benefit B.right Radiant Skincare Intro Kit, which sold for $12. The full size of Benefit's Facial Emulsion contains 50ml (1.7fl oz) and sells for $28. Benefit's entire skin care range is made in France. Benefit does not test on animals. Benefit products can be bought through the brand's website, at Benefit boutiques and counters, as well as at Ulta and Sephora.
There are not enough adjectives for the packaging of Benefit's Facial Emulsion. Beautiful, elegant, vintage, infuriating. The bottle looks lovely, but it is oh so impractical. The bottle is made of a light, aqua tinted glass with textured bumps running up the sides. The bottle is topped with a beige plastic cap, on the full size the cap is made of imitation cork. The shape of the bottle is a rounded polygon that narrows up into the beck of the bottle. And that's where our problems begin...and end. It's pretty hard to get product out of this little bottle. It needs to be stored upside down and tapped against the hand a lot to get product out in a timely manner. I'm pretty sure the full size bottle has a pump, but I could be wrong. Packaging is plain, otherwise. The name of the product can be found on the bottle. A full ingredient list is present on the bottom of the bottle on a peel off sticker.
Benefit's Facial Emulsion is a thin, white lotion. This moisturizer is incredibly lightweight, as promised, and sinks in just about immediately after application. Something about Benefit's Triple Performing Facial Emulsion feels very soothing and cooling on the skin. Because it's such a lightweight moisturizer it doesn't impart a lot of hydration into the skin; if that's what you're looking for you should check out Total Moisture instead. This would be an excellent moisturizer for normal to slightly oily skin. Immediately after application, Triple Performing Facial Emulsion feels slightly greasy, but that quickly fades away to leave my skin feeling super refreshed and very soft. Benefit's Facial Emulsion, which I used in the morning, provides just the right amount of light moisture to keep my skin feeling good all day long. My only problem with this product is that it's intensely fragranced. There's no reason for any skincare product to contain so much fragrance, a common skin irritant. Yes this product does smell good, but it's far too strong.
I really like Benefit's Triple Performing Facial Emulsion, it's a great day time moisturizer, very light yet very effective. I wouldn't recommend it if you have dry or sensitive skin, or if you can't handle strongly scented products. The packaging is lovely, very olde school, but not very functional, well at least not the mini version. While I likely won't repurchase it, just because it's so expensive, but I do recommend it if you have normal to oily skin and are looking for a high end, lightweight moisturizer. I wish there was more buzz about Benefit's skincare line, from the four products I've tried, everything is very good!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:23:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this....I am not sure if I like the facial cream from this line or this facial emulsion better. This is a more of a liquid than the cream but it works just as well. It smells great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by emiklio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I have found my holy grail moisturizer!

I've been using this product for about a month now, and I love how my skin feels with it on. It feels light and refreshing, great for my oily/combination skin. I put it on after I wash my face, and anytime after I shower, too, and it keeps my skin from drying out and also helps prevent my forehead from getting that oily sheen.

I've been using Benefit skincare products for about 6 months now, and I haven't found one yet that I don't like. I also use the facial scrub, which I believe may have been discontinued (?), and the toning lotion, which is lovely and refreshing.

My favorite parts about the Benefit skincare line, besides how well the products work, is the smell! All their products smell great, I can't even describe it, it's just a really gentle and refreshing smell, it smells pretty somehow :)
The other thing I love is the packaging, it's so cute.

This moisturizer comes in a glass bottle with a pump. I usually use about 2 pumps per application--it comes out in a small, manageable amount so I never have to waste any lotion!

The only downside is yes, the price is pretty steep for an unemployed college girl. However, if you can afford it, it's definitely worth it to splurge! And it seems like the product will last me quite a while, too.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by pinkthings

Hm.. Not what I hoped it would be.
I hoped for a light and fresh cream, this feels sticky, greasy yet not moisturizing at all.
Packaging is super pretty, and easy to use with the pump.
2 lippies for the packaging and spf. Will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought this product along with a few other bits from the Benefit skincare range.

Don't understand this product. Does not feel or act like a moisturiser. It just sat on my skin and felt greasy. It had no long-lasting effects either... So I paid about 15 for no change...?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by alwayysbluee

I like the smell and the fact it has SPF 15. It is a little pricey though, so I resorted to trying a different moisturizer in hopes that it can achieve the same results.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/7/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by hondafan1122

Ewww, way to fragrance-y. Way too perfumey (pardon my made up words). I don't like using things with so much fragrance on my face! Yuck!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2012 8:00:00 PM More reviews by summrgirl720

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

packaging is very attractive, but too highly fragranced and the SPF irritates my typically sensitive skin :( try to get a sample/trial size first.